Dungdee 28/12/2016

Lindau

Yesterday was a public holiday but today is not. Simple as that

But why not have it on the public holiday?

The whole seasonal fixture list seems to be completely illogical and unsuited to the leisure time of fans. I know the SPFL have tried to fit in extra fixtures in order to accommodate a winter break but surely in seasons past there was a winter break and games played on Boxing Day and the First/Second January?

• Like 1

But why not have it on the public holiday?

The whole seasonal fixture list seems to be completely illogical and unsuited to the leisure time of fans. I know the SPFL have tried to fit in extra fixtures in order to accommodate a winter break but surely in seasons past there was a winter break and games played on Boxing Day and the First/Second January?

No doubting the SPFL's incompetence but I'm not sure that if both clubs wished they couldn't have had the game switched.

After our earlier form this season, it's hard to believe that we are now in a position to really establish ourselves as a top flight club agin.

Tonight's game is important in so many ways and it is vital that the team don't 'Hibs' it. Judging by the strength of character that the lads have shown in recent games I rather doubt that we shall.

If we press them high up the park as others have suggested then we can get the win.

Boxing Day fixtures were traditionally the norm up here were they not? And plenty folk got to the games. England manages to have Boxing Day fixtures without effect on attendances.

That said, they're not tying to cram in as many games as they can in a week unlike our beloved FA.