Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw/replays!

Lindau

Disappointing, yes, but certainly winnable.

Aberdeen are decent in a poor league. They have off days like everyone else. IF we play a smart game, we're more than capable.

Cut out daft mistakes, don't let them bully us (they're a very 'professional' team in this regard) and go at them. It's a cup tie - let's face it, it wouldn't exactly be the shock of the season if we beat them!

In their faces, high tempo, give them nothing & out fight them - do al of this & we'll win.

• Like 1

I can guarantee you Big Col that you were neither misquoted nor misinterpreted as my commentary was based upon your original statement which went (to remind you) as follows:

- Would love a tie against a lower league side for a better chance of getting to Hampden so the thousands of glory hunting Jags "fans" that don't go to any other cup or league games can have a day out

Whilst you did indeed later attempt to dig yourself out & justify the comment in the 10k to 3k scenario, it was by any stretch of the imagination a shockingly poor choice of words initially. In failing to retract them I can only surmise that you are of the opinion that there are different categories of "fans" ( your quotation marks not mine) in your eyes whose sense of entitlement is equally ranked.

In my post, of the 14 in the extended family who attended the last semifinal, only myself is a semi-regular ... on a 1:14 ratio it's no surprise to me that normal attendances are lower when compared to big games like semifinals or the Morton game a few years ago.

I know what I meant.

Just as supporters of clubs such as St Johnstone, ICT, Ross County, St Mirren meant when they wondered why a big crowd at a cup game did not translate into increased home league games.

Glad your family had a good day out at the semi.

I don't doubt that you know what you meant but it doesn't read well at all.

I think that all teams have a similar experience in big games ... for example 2 million ticket less green filth in Seville, 250k marauding ticket less blue filth in Manchester, Gretna with close to 20k etc ... I don't know any realist who would reasonably expect big game attendances to translate into weekly attendance and to think so is naive in the extreme.

Doesn't make them any less of a "fan" though.

Edited by gianlucatoni
  • Like 2

As taken from the JohnJamesSite

Regular readers of this site will not have to be coloured surprised that Rangers Lite received yet another home tie against inferior opposition in the Scottish Cup. A cynic might contend that keeping the lights on at Ibrox and the tills ringing at William Hill are the two most important Key Performance Indicators in Stewart Regan’s remit. As he was one of the architects of the phoenix club, was he appointed godfather to Charles Green’s sibling? With eleven home ties in their last twelve draws, the penny is beginning to drop that two frozen balls, one for Celtic and one for Rangers Lite, have become a regular feature of the draw.

11/12 home ties. Mind boggling!!

• Like 3

I agree with GPT who insinuates that they have bullied us since we came back up. We give them far too much respect and I am concerned that McInnes has been ahead of Archie psychologically. I believe they are good friends. Nothing wrong with that except in the week leading up to the game and comments after the game ie I think Archie has been too nice with him at the wrong time.

Archie should fantasise that that St J dick(can't even remember his name) is manager of Aberdeen. Plan to take them on as enemies. Get Ade to rough them up. Get right intae them. Legally. Only after we beat them should McInnes be told how good a manager he is and what a lovely chap he is.

Archie is improving at this aspect of management. I dislike Aberdeen intensely mainly because they beat us all the time. It's about time Archie did too.

I agree with GPT who insinuates that they have bullied us since we came back up. We give them far too much respect and I am concerned that McInnes has been ahead of Archie psychologically. I believe they are good friends. Nothing wrong with that except in the week leading up to the game and comments after the game ie I think Archie has been too nice with him at the wrong time.

Archie should fantasise that that St J dick(can't even remember his name) is manager of Aberdeen. Plan to take them on as enemies. Get Ade to rough them up. Get right intae them. Legally. Only after we beat them should McInnes be told how good a manager he is and what a lovely chap he is.

Archie is improving at this aspect of management. I dislike Aberdeen intensely mainly because they beat us all the time. It's about time Archie did too.

Didn't we beat them quite easily at Firhill a season or two ago? Or is my memory playing tricks again?

It serves you well, although a brace was scored by Lyle Taylor who totally dominated that afternoon.

...Aye, but a brace of sitters missed by Taylor in one of the goalless draws at Pittodrie.

I think Weebaw's comments may be more representative of games against the Dons at Firhill. On the whole I think since the 0-4 we've competed well in Aberdeen. Less a case of not taking our chances than not creating enough. I don't believe for a moment, if it's meant as a generalisation, that McInnes is winning some sort of mind game battle over Archie.