Rainieri Gone

Metz

Well, that says it all for foreign ownership of clubs; they want instant success, are not prepared to stick by managers through thick & thin. King Power wouldn't have given Fergie the chance to turn round Man U.

What a way to treat a great manager. I hope Leicester get relegated now, they deserve it.

Idiots

• Like 2

Think the Leicester fans might vote with there feet over that one.

Another example of its only money that matters.

If they ask me to take an SPL win but you get relegated next year, myself and I think most jags fans would bite there hand off.

Edited by topcat

I think the only possible justification for this is that they maybe can't afford to go down. I'd guess that Vardy, Mahrez and a number of others got very lucrative new contracts to keep them at the club and they'd be ****** with the drop in income in the championship, even with the stupid amounts of money they'll have been given for being in the Champions League.

Not sure. Yon English Championship has some turnover of managers as well.

The championship has a lot of big clubs striving for premiership status due to the big bucks involved.

The owners are looking for instant success , so managers are not getting any time to succeed.

Its therefore not surprising that the turnover of managers is high .

If Thistle judged by the same exacting standards that being near the relegation zone brings dismissal then Archie would have been sacked at some point of all our 4 seasons in the top league. Credit to the Board as with the financial implications of relegation and the tendency for teams to slide and slide (eg St Mirren), the stakes are pretty high here as well.

Was it Take That who sang 'Have a little patience'?

Edited by partickthedog

Sadly, I think a lot of the fans thought that he had to go. If you listen to the phone-ins, it is all about how miserable it is to be a Leicester fan this season.

If that's the case, they are as bad as their board. As has been said, hope they now get relegated. Players need to take a long, hard look at themselves as well with SSN reporting that senior players approached the board after the Seville game to say they had lost confidence in Ranieri

Edited by Lindau

When they've lost 5 on the spin and are hovering around relegation, the senior players should be taking some responsibility on the park. I hope Leicester don't go down, but if they do the fans will still have the memories of being champions and making the Champions League knock out stages.

I felt the writing was on the wall just under two weeks ago when the board gave Ranieri their unconditional backing. Up till then I didn't think there was any way could've done the dirty on him like this.

The money he must've generated for the club will be simply massive; and that's just for the League win alone, not counting the silly money they'll be getting from being involved in the so called round of 16 and the enhanced financial benefits this year's TV exclusivity brings.

I thought he was treated like shite by Chelsea all those years ago, but he showed his absolute class as a man by the way he dealt with it, going on to take his thoroughly unfancied Leicester collection of has beens, journeymen and unheard ofs to a place that Chelsea could only salivate over, last year.

Well, as others have said, correctly in my opinion, I hope the wee Thai cartel's treachery comes back to bite their bollox off. It might just teach them a lesson in humanity. They'll always be light years behind Mr Ranieri in that regard.

Edited by Blackpool Jags
  • Like 3

The money he must've generated for the club will be simply massive; and that's just for the League win alone, not counting the silly money they'll be getting from being involved in the so called round of 16 and the enhanced financial benefits this year's TV exclusivity brings.

Always arbitrary of course, and obviously based only on recent turnover, but I read somewhere that Leicester City are currently the 20th richest club in the World. Ranieri will no doubt be due a handsome pay off, but in relative terms it'll be chicken feed when comparing the way he leaves the club as to its state when he took over.

• 7 months later...