Lindsay For Scotland

Vinnyjag

If anyone wishes to discover the roots of Scotland's lack of progress at international level-I give you their selection policy!

True, and what's shocking is that could've been written in the early 60s when selector's picked the team. Not unknown to select an injured player only to draft in a fit player the night before a match. The one constant between then and now is the SFA have probably cost us more games than any bunch of players. The one difference being they used to make an arse of selecting players. Now it's selecting managers.

I might be doing the guy a disservice but when Ricky Sbragia was in charge of the national U21s I never once saw him at a Jags Development match. Nowadays he can't stay away from our U20s.

• Like 1

^^

Not just that ... when we played away to Georgia under Burley (IIRC) the SFA arranged for us to fly in just the night before the game with no time at all to acclimatise. In fact certain members of the SFA had it in for Burley giving him no support when his (h^n) players misbehaved and I seem to recall Peat making disparaging statements shortly before a key game. So there's an example where they were directly damaging the team (albeit one faction in the SFA who obviously hadn't wanted Burley selected).

I used to go to Scotland games home and away - now thanks in a large part to Strachan and McGhee (although other factors come into play) I've just about lost all interest.

I feel the same, don't even watch the televised games. Hardly recognise the players.

The fun has gone out of the national side since Bertie Vogts

• Like 1

Would love to know how many non Old Firm domestic matches Strachan has attended during his reign - wouldn't be surprised if it was in single figures.

Well as he's no intention of picking any non OF player who plays in Scotland you can hardly accuse him of poor time management.

Oh! I forgot John McGinn. Tell me where the Canada game is being played and how many tickets we've sold?

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a minor injury tonight that will thrust Liam into the squad.

Doubt he has any other eligibility, if he did it would have been mentioned in his press interviews. It would serve Scotland right if he did get a game for another country though.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39361127 We all know that Gordon, so why pick players that don't get a regular game?

Because if things don't work out he can say he played "reliable" players who'd played before, rather than calling up new guys who might be better than the out of form/fitness players but he might be accused of taking too much of a risk. I'm not saying that's logical, just what might be going on in his head.

also why does he no pick players who score goals if he going to hibs players why not jason cummings aswell

The simple answer is he is a tw&t.

The more complex reason is he is a f&£kin tw&t.

Strachan & McGhee are living on past glories & are not management material at any level for the 21 st Century..

Unfortunately the SFA are still trying to come to terms with the 19th century so I don't see any improvement any time soon.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39361127

We all know that Gordon, so why pick players that don't get a regular game?

So how does that help him for the Slovenia game ? He now knows that players that don't play regularly at club level can't just turn up for Internationals. Does he think that having played this 1 game, those players will be full of confidence tomorrow ? He said it was the best decision to play that game, but he can't(didn't) do anything about the squad for the Slovenia game