Celtic Game

Weebaw1

First time we have taken anything in the league against Celtic since 1995 (please correct me if I am wrong). Can't believe we have gone from relegation fodder to potentially level on points with Hearts at 5pm on Saturday.

C'mon Jags fans, get your arse off the sofa and get yourselves along to Firhill on Saturday.

• Like 3

Kinnell. Amazing result. Plus Hearts 41 Jags 38. What's the stats on this being (possibly) our highest league standing in my adult* memory. Motherwell game will be really stressful. But in a good way!

* nearly said living memory, but even your truly is getting a bit long in the tooth

Nothing should surprise you as a Thistle Fan...coming from a goal down to get a draw at Parkhead...Big Ade scoring...and just a nagging thought that if we had played a full strength side, we might even have won!

Happy enough with the point though...and almost guaranteed Top Six.

Well done to the players and management team.

I'm sure the manager will now be using the chance of catching Hearts as a way to keep the team motivated and focussed.

What terrific nerve by Archie by the way. Papers all talking recently about Celtic giving some youngsters a run out and he not only rests our top scorer and key players like Erskine and Lawless but gives one of our youngsters a first game in the big team against them. Brilliant.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 2

^^

Players have played when not 100% in the past when needed. Of course I realise that having Motherwell coming up will have caused him to be a bit more careful with players but it doesn't take away from the fact that we played them with a weakened team, including a youngster playing his first ever game. They may also have had a youngster making his first start but they also had plenty of players who have played a lot of games for them this season. Shows the character there is in this team now.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Proverbial game of two half's. Defended well in the first but really created nothing. However, similar to Saturday, we upped the ante after we went a goal down and we really could have ended up winning that. Young Andy McCarthy was immense for his first game at such an intimidating place. The whole defence was brilliant with Christie Elliot having another blinder. Would love to see us get Niall Keown permanently and try and keep the defence in tact for next season, though that will be highly unlikely. Liam, Danny and Niall were giants tonight and a terrific penalty save from Tomas. Finally, over the moon to see Ade get the goal especially with it being at the home of the champions Looking forward to seeing a contribution from the paranoid Sabbath tonight!! My two Sellik mates that I was sitting beside were clear in their admiration for Thistle....best league side to have visited Parkhead this season!

Edited by Lindau

How good was that?? great second half, Thought Mccarthy was excellent and so pleased for Ade.

Off for a wee goldie(or 2) now.

Been rabbiting on about McCarthy for a wee while now. Think he only got taken off as he played an hour on Monday night. Being thrown in at the deep end like that tonight will have been a tremendous experience and I doubt Archie will have too many worries about playing the lad in up and coming matches.

Two games on the trot when we've lost the first goal and not got beaten. Wonder when the last time that happened?

Having a few wee goldies myself tonight. :thumbsup2:

Been rabbiting on about McCarthy for a wee while now. Think he only got taken off as he played an hour on Monday night. Being thrown in at the deep end like that tonight will have been a tremendous experience and I doubt Archie will have too many worries about playing the lad in up and coming matches.

Two games on the trot when we've lost the first goal and not got beaten. Wonder when the last time that happened?

Having a few wee goldies myself tonight. :thumbsup2:

I'll join you. Cracked open a bottle of Tamnavulin. New one to me.

Just when you think you can't feel more proud of the team after Saturday they go and do something like that!

What a time to be a Jag, we have a top notch management team guiding some fantastic footballers.

Delighted for Azeez, hopefully he'll take great confidence from that. A great moment as well for Cerny, he will feel like he's paid his team mates back after Killie (not that he needed to).

Hopefully a big crowd on Saturday to cheer us over the line.

It's a brilliant time to be a Jag, we should all make the most of it.

• Like 2