Celtic Game

Weebaw1

Proverbial game of two half's. Defended well in the first but really created nothing. However, similar to Saturday, we upped the ante after we went a goal down and we really could have ended up winning that. Young Andy McCarthy was immense for his first game at such an intimidating place. The whole defence was brilliant with Christie Elliot having another blinder. Would love to see us get Niall Keown permanently and try and keep the defence in tact for next season, though that will be highly unlikely. Liam, Danny and Niall were giants tonight and a terrific penalty save from Tomas. Finally, over the moon to see Ade get the goal especially with it being at the home of the champions Looking forward to seeing a contribution from the paranoid Sabbath tonight!! My two Sellik mates that I was sitting beside were clear in their admiration for Thistle....best league side to have visited Parkhead this season!
There's no doubt about it, just how prolific is Azeez, how many is that now?????. In a reduced team against the Scottish champions the two poorest players in our team combined to score. But wait a minute, what saved us was the penalty save, so don't get, as you usually do, and get carried away.......just think, if Azeez and Elliot can score against the Scottish champions, what chance have they in Europe.......

There's no doubt about it, just how prolific is Azeez, how many is that now?????. In a reduced team against the Scottish champions the two poorest players in our team combined to score. But wait a minute, what saved us was the penalty save, so don't get, as you usually do, and get carried away.......just think, if Azeez and Elliot can score against the Scottish champions, what chance have they in Europe.......

WTF is a "reduced team"? Elliot is one of the poorest players in our team???? Were you at the game? Azeez put in a right shift and he brings plenty to the team, something that the manager constantly refers to. Think I will take the managers view on the player rather than someone that slated him after his second game and still doesn't appear to want to give him credit for scoring a historic goal at Parkhead that resulted in us getting a result there!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

Do you actually support Thistle? Is it still Archie out and still that he has no plan b? I'm not saying you are the architect of either of these but surely this has to he a time when you celebrate being a Thistle fan? We have one more season with this team and then most likely have to rebuild (again), but this us a fantastic time to be a supporter. Just enjoy it as in 30 years time we'll all be remembering how great that (this) team was!

• Like 1

Do you have some kind of problem?

• Like 1

Up early this morning, checked my e-mail for any message about the result. No message, so assumed the worst.

Into work, switched on the computer, logged on to this site..... fantastic news, and perhaps a crucial, crucial point gained against all the odds.

Let's continue this great form in style against 'Well !

Highlights now up on Youtube. We were clearly under pressure, so did extremely well to come away with a point (well done Cerny !) Another fine piece of work and good ball in by Christie on the wing (get him signed now, Archie!) Azeez took the goal well, but dithered when right through the second time. But no complaints; it's a point we didn't really expect. The tarts are catchable.

Nice bit of praise for the team and Archibald in the papers today from Brendan Rodgers.

They were singing Archie's praises on the radio last night on the way to the game as well.

Sadly this increase in coverage and praise might mean a few teams start sniffing about!

Rodgers is a pretty fair guy and gives praise where its due (unlike the South Side entity) and he has been unstinting in his praise for Thistles 2 performances at Parkhead and our manager. Sadly it's only a matter of time before clubs come calling now. Then and only then will some people realise the job he (and Scott) have done at Firhill. From being thrust into the job with absolutely no experience and under intense pressure to get us up, he has now got us to the verge of the top 6 in 4 years with one of the best squads we have ever had. Fairytale stuff indeed.

Edited by Lindau

Rodgers is a pretty fair guy and gives praise where its due (unlike the South Side entity) and he has been unstinting in his praise for Thistles 2 performances at Parkhead and our manager. Sadly it's only a matter of time before clubs come calling now. Then and only then will some people realise the job he (and Scott) have done at Firhill. From being thrust into the job with absolutely no experience and under intense pressure to get us up, he has now got us to the verge of the top 6 in 4 years with one of the best squads we have ever had. Fairytale stuff indeed.

Maybe. Hope not. But Tommy Wright has done a similar job and he's still kicking around Perth. Their budget is only a baw-hair more than ours.

Maybe. Hope not. But Tommy Wright has done a similar job and he's still kicking around Perth. Their budget is only a baw-hair more than ours.

The very fact that he has just about got us into the top 6 on one of the smallest budgets in the league, Rodgers constant admiration of what he has done at the club, the fact that we are one of only 2 clubs to get anything at Parkhead this season means he is no longer flying under the radar!

Edited by Lindau

A tremendous 2nd half performance. We were really up against it first half and I think everyone realised there was no way we could go another 45 minutes of that kind of pressure, Archie said so himself on the radio after the game.

2nd half I thought we were much better from the off. Celtic's goal actually came very much against the run of play as the game had been played mostly by us in their half before that. But what a response from us. Young McCarthy was excellent and played his part in the goal. Christie continues his phenomenal performances with a great assist and Azeez takes his goal brilliantly. The big man actually had a great 90 minutes and held the ball up well and brought the midfield in to play whenever he could. To think there are still people who can't see what he brings to the team is quite astonishing and displays a level of stupidity that should probably result in them having some sort of mental examination.

Guys like Sabbath are quite common at Firhill in my experience. What you will find is that they were drawn to Thistle in the first place because we are historically so poor. Guys like that actually prefer the team to be performing badly because it means they can shout and scream all sorts of abuse during the game and continue to slate the players and management online afterwards. It's what makes them tick, and when the team is suddenly successful, they aren't actually able to enjoy it like the rest of us. I truly feel sorry for Sabbath and would urge him and all those like him to seek professional help so that they can enjoy this period of unparalleled success with the rest of us. He must feel like an inmate who has been released from prison but actually prefers life on the inside.

• Like 3

Young McCarthy was excellent and played his part in the goal. Christie continues his phenomenal performances with a great assist and Azeez takes his goal brilliantly. The big man actually had a great 90 minutes and held the ball up well and brought the midfield in to play whenever he could. To think there are still people who can't see what he brings to the team is quite astonishing and displays a level of stupidity that should probably result in them having some sort of mental examination.

Guys like Sabbath are quite common at Firhill in my experience. What you will find is that they were drawn to Thistle in the first place because we are historically so poor. Guys like that actually prefer the team to be performing badly because it means they can shout and scream all sorts of abuse during the game and continue to slate the players and management online afterwards. It's what makes them tick, and when the team is suddenly successful, they aren't actually able to enjoy it like the rest of us. I truly feel sorry for Sabbath and would urge him and all those like him to seek professional help so that they can enjoy this period of unparalleled success with the rest of us. He must feel like an inmate who has been released from prison but actually prefers life on the inside.

Couldn't have summed all that up better Ian. You are 100% spot on. This guy has been on his back since day one. The big fella probably wouldn't be at the club if he was a prolific scorer and yes, he has had some glaring misses, but as you say he brings a lot more to the team than goals. Everyone was moaning about the late goals we lost against Killie and ICT and what big Ade done on Saturday was run the balls into corners and get in their defenders faces, run down time and keep the pressure off the defence.....it worked perfectly. Last night he ran his backside into the ground for the team and scored a great goal. That will do for me. Could be that next season we could see the benefits of the experience he is now picking up!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

This feels good. The progress continues!

Staying up was great. One niggling annoyance is that we hardly laid a glove on Celtic in our matches. This season, we're looking a stick on for top 6, could catch 5th, and we've earned a draw away at their gaff while they are 'invincible' - as well as being unlucky the last time there too.

Next season, that next niggling annoyance of the cup we're due to win? :D

It has been quite a turn around since the start of the season. We were losing poor goals, mainly through individual errors and lack of concentration which were costing us. Theres no doubt since the return of big Tam we have been more consistent. Our form since Ross County away in December has been astonishing. The players and Archie deserve tremendous credit for this which has ultimately led to our highest finish in my lifetime.

Guys like Sabbath (and Id add myself( may be critical at times but at the end of the day we ONLY want to see us win. Its delusional to believe someone only follows a team because they enjoy getting beat. Its a great time to be a Jag. Nobody will argue with that. Instead of competitions to see whos the best fan of them all, we should all be enjoying the final 7 games of the season in party mode. Enjoy it while it lasts because these days have been few and far between in my 30 odd year

Highlights now up on Youtube. We were clearly under pressure, so did extremely well to come away with a point (well done Cerny !) Another fine piece of work and good ball in by Christie on the wing (get him signed now, Archie!) Azeez took the goal well, but dithered when right through the second time. But no complaints; it's a point we didn't really expect. The tarts are catchable.

It was only a moments hesitation but that is the difference between a prolific goal scorer and one who only scores a few. I think someone posted a while back that he gets good shots in and scores when he doesn't have time to think, just reacts but when he has time he doesn't know what to do. Can he be coached out of that?

Guys like Sabbath (and Id add myself( may be critical at times but at the end of the day we ONLY want to see us win. Its delusional to believe someone only follows a team because they enjoy getting beat. Its a great time to be a Jag. Nobody will argue with that. Instead of competitions to see whos the best fan of them all, we should all be enjoying the final 7 games of the season in party mode. Enjoy it while it lasts because these days have been few and far between in my 30 odd year

Sabbath is a troll, nothing more and should be ignored.

• Like 1

Ian_mac's point about the Celtic goal being against the run of play sounds highly improbable but in fact is completely true. After 45 mins of back to the wall stuff we came back out with the same players and immediately took the game to them. I hope those who say Archie doesn't know how to change things round during a game will finally admit to getting that wrong.

I've long suspected some of our support(?) take comfort in a Jags defeat. Perhaps it's because they've moaned so much during a match or before it they get satisfaction from an "I told you so" attitude. Perhaps they have the best of both worlds and can enjoy a good result as well? I don't think I'm being delusional in believing that.

• Like 1

A brilliant performance , yet the press highlight the fact they rested 5 player but ignore the fact we had done the same,

As for the comment on Elliot, the guy clearly hasn't watched us in recent weeks where Christies perfomance's have been excellent despite him playing different positions

• Like 1

2 valuable points dropped against our bitter city rivals.

Fans should be out in force on Saturday to demonstrate their disappointment and voice their frustration.

Only 3 points from the Motherwell game will suffice the need to put this demoralising result behind us.... ... ...

.... then, hump the 'orrible 'un in their own backyard and prepare for next seasons title charge.

33vluko.jpg

:thumbsup2::fan:

• Like 1