Players We Should Have Signed But Never Did

Jaggernaut

There aren't many players that I would have "loved" to see playing for Thistle (as opposed to many who left us too early!).

But I always thought that Owen Coyle would have been a natural at Firhill. (He might still be, one day!)

Another that I always thought we should sign was Kevin James. Dunno why, just always thought we would have done the biz in central defence for us.

Kane Hemmings

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an attitude problem when we had him on trial. He did nothing wrong in his two cameo appearances in friendlies but it wasn't just us that wouldn't touch him back then. After that, when presumably he got his act together, I guess there was no realistic chance of him coming to Firhill.

We probably had a chance to get Kevin Harper on our books at an early age. The one that we definitely let slip thru our grasp was Steve Kirk. I'm using a bit of licence as he was signed but never played competitively for us.

Remember asking Lambie if he was not interested in Craig Brewster at a POTY event. He was battering in goals left, right and centre with Forfar. Lambie said he had approached Forfar but the £15,000 fee scared the club off. Changed days nowadays!