Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

I think for this game, we should field our strongest team. For the remaining five games we can try out some youngsters and play about with formations.

I'm sure we'll put out a strong side but even tho' we don't have another game for a fortnight some players with knocks might not be risked. I don't do the "must win" thingy that seems to accompany nearly every game we play, but in terms of finishing higher than 6th place the following game at Tynecastle is a biggie. So I'd expect a strongish side tomorrow with our strongest available to play Hearts.

Anyway, players you wouldn't normally associate with our strongest XI have recently been turning in excellent performances. Elliott, Azeez & even McCarthy have been more than just useful.

In terms of results this game may not be the be all and end all of our season, but anyone who thinks professional footballers and managers don't want to win every game they play is frankly deluded.

We must move away from looking at certain games as lost causes or we'll deserve the plucky old Jags moniker that the media often lazily use. Whilst, of course we must be realistic e.g. a scenario is unlikely to arise that we can consistently challenge au the top of the table. Nonetheless, if we stop aspiring to do so we might as well give up and take up flower arranging instead.

• Like 1

There is a difference though between wanting to win and knowing that your job is done, and therefore not concentrating as much or even trying as hard. As much as the manager might say we can still catch Hearts - the players know that they have achieved their goal for this season and might even have earned their bonus. Let's hope that the players still have enough desire to win tomorrow and the remaining games

There is of course the subjective factor, which separates football from any other sort of business. I too want us to to finish as high as we possibly can up the table; just the same, there are times when the heart is allowed to rule the head, and I think we've already earned the luxury of looking at things that way.

So, I'd love to have seen us putting everything at our disposal into this game. We owe these fcukers a damn good hammering, and I would look back on this season even more fondly than I inevitably will anyway, if we can sort them out today. In any event, I doubt if Hearts are likely to get any more out of their other 4 games than we are, so targeted commitment at sevco today then the head-to-head v Hearts could well be good enough to see us finish in 5th place. That would be very nice indeed.

Back to today at the Aleppo Arena, I strongly fancy Azeez to add to his recent success against the other parasitic twin.

Mon Thistle, intae this shower.