Stranraer 29/7/17

Auld Jag

Spittal has been saying how happy he is to be given the wide right position, where was he today, mostly left or through the middle, tactics today were baffling. Elliot and Booth did not get enough support on the overlapping. We desperately need a centre half as Barton is a nightmare。

Sorry, but Kevin Nisbet isn’t good enough to play in the Championship let alone as a back-up to Doolan off the back of that performance. He was worse than a man down for 55 minutes.

Ryan Edwards was very poor when he came on.

It’s blatantly obvious that Abdul Osman and Callum Booth aren’t even close to full fitness.

Adam Barton doesn’t look remotely comfortable as one of two centre backs.

Plus points are that McLaughlin had a good stint when he came on, that we’re “in the hat”, and that Bannigan appeared to shake-off the heavy clatter okay.

The lethargy and lack of urgency about the team was very frustrating. They weren’t incisive at all.

4 games and 3 poor preftonances..... hopefully some realism will now set in

This is worrying.

All four games should/could have been won competently. No idea about St Mirren, but let's not kid ourselves about the other three games - no performance was good enough in those ones.

Next weekend the real stuff starts - going with one credible striker and a makeshift right-back don't sound like a plan to me. And that's not knickewetting - it's reality.

• Like 1

Let's give a bit of credit to Stranraer. They were well organised and when you are in mid field and faced by at least eight opposition shirts in front of you what do you do?!?

Others have struggled too. Motherwell 1-0 against Berwick and 2-1 at Edinburgh City. Both teams a lot further down the pecking order than our opposition today.

How often have we EVER been effective at breaking down a packed defence? Certainly not recently. We are always much better. when teams come "and make a game of it".

If you were the Stranraer management and had watched the footage of the match against the Paisley crew would you have said to your team "let's go and get at them!"?

Some of the best teams in the world have had problems with packed defences. Even Barca don't break the opposition down every week.

Give the guys a break and a bit of time. Remember there are people coming in and we still have injuries

Let's give a bit of credit to Stranraer. They were well organised and when you are in mid field and faced by at least eight opposition shirts in front of you what do you do?!?

Others have struggled too. Motherwell 1-0 against Berwick and 2-1 at Edinburgh City. Both teams a lot further down the pecking order than our opposition today.

How often have we EVER been effective at breaking down a packed defence? Certainly not recently. We are always much better. when teams come "and make a game of it".

If you were the Stranraer management and had watched the footage of the match against the Paisley crew would you have said to your team "let's go and get at them!"?

Some of the best teams in the world have had problems with packed defences. Even Barca don't break the opposition down every week.

Give the guys a break and a bit of time. Remember there are people coming in and we still have injuries

No problem with your tactical analysis, but when exactly was there last time we had no injuries?

Injuries are becoming too much of an excuse in my opinion.

Humorous response which I appreciate, thanks.

What happens if Doolan gets crocked?

I think it's only right thar your first point be addressed.

Can you point me to where Archie has stated, that it his plan to go without back up for Doolan and Elliott?

I'll give you a clue. You can't.

To suggest that this is the reality, contradicts what Archie stated 9n the radio after the game. Make such posts gives you no credibility and just makes you look like a troll.

Your second post regards an injury to Doolan is as close to rhetorical as you can get. What happens if any player geTS injured? We react and deal with the scenario of it comes.

They say a week is a long time in politics,its the same in football. This time last week we looked very good but since we have struggled. The good thing is we are in the next round.If we play as bad as we did today most teams would beat is in the league.

Our game against Hibs next week is on Alba 5-30pm.Full game being shown.

Edited by Auld Jag

Well we're through, which is good. I won't read too much into these performances because for the past 5 seasons or more (going back to Jackie McNamarra and possibly before) we've struggled against packed defences and weaker opponents, particularly lower league opponents. In fact, the majority of games against lower league teams in the past 5 years have been a struggle, and usually won by the odd goal (if at all- Qots in the Ramsden final and Dundee Utd/Falkirk more recently are examples of failures). And over that period they've been loads, Culter, Cove, Cowdenbeath (needed extra time), Queen's Park (5-4 and last year), Airdrie (twice including Tueday), Qots last season and Clyde (plus the aforementioned losses) are just a few huff and puff wins that come to mind.

I think it's only right thar your first point be addressed.

Can you point me to where Archie has stated, that it his plan to go without back up for Doolan and Elliott?

I'll give you a clue. You can't.

To suggest that this is the reality, contradicts what Archie stated 9n the radio after the game. Make such posts gives you no credibility and just makes you look like a troll.

Your second post regards an injury to Doolan is as close to rhetorical as you can get. What happens if any player geTS injured? We react and deal with the scenario of it comes.

Haven't heard Archie's interview after today's game. I apologise for having a life away from this forum.

I offered my opinion based on what I know. So let me give you a clue - your opinion is no more valid than mine. No need for your high and mighty attitude.

My second post stands - as things are, we are one Doolan injury from a major problem. Nisbet is not an alternative.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Haven't heard Archie's interview after today's game. I apologise for having a life away from this forum.

I offered my opinion based on what I know. So let me give you a clue - your opinion is no more valid than mine. No need for your high and mighty attitude.

My second post stands - as things are, we are one Doolan injury from a major problem. Nisbet is not an alternative.

My opinion is more valid. As by your own admission, you don't have the facts to hand. Where as I do.