Tuesday Night.

Auld Jag

Has it been definitely confirmed that Chris Erskine is suspended for Tuesday?

My (admittedly limited) understanding is that the suspension is served in the same competition unless the dismissal was for "violent conduct". So I presume for example handball, diving, timewasting or non-violent swearing at the referee would not be deemed to be violent conduct. Is every "physical foul" violent conduct? If so, Chris will be suspended. If not, I would have thought that the level of violence has to be assessed by someone (presumably the referee). While definitely a red card offence, this was more of an accidental lunge endeavouring to recover a loss of control of the ball rather than an intentional two feet flying through the air in a deliberate attempt to injure the other player type of challenge.

So, if relevant, has the referee definitely reported this as violent conduct thus putting Chris out of the game on Tuesday?

Could someone with the relevant knowledge of the rules correct any misconceptions!

Has it been definitely confirmed that Chris Erskine is suspended for Tuesday?

My (admittedly limited) understanding is that the suspension is served in the same competition unless the dismissal was for "violent conduct". So I presume for example handball, diving, timewasting or non-violent swearing at the referee would not be deemed to be violent conduct. Is every "physical foul" violent conduct? If so, Chris will be suspended. If not, I would have thought that the level of violence has to be assessed by someone (presumably the referee). While definitely a red card offence, this was more of an accidental lunge endeavouring to recover a loss of control of the ball rather than an intentional two feet flying through the air in a deliberate attempt to injure the other player type of challenge.

So, if relevant, has the referee definitely reported this as violent conduct thus putting Chris out of the game on Tuesday?

Could someone with the relevant knowledge of the rules correct any misconceptions!

You can read through this if you want ;)https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Personally thought Barton has been fine last two games. Without Abdul neither Adam or Banzo are ideal in the withdrawn midfield role. Continue with three at the back then their defensive duties are alleviated somewhat. I'd go with Barton as his discipline is better than Banzo's but that's as much to do with the standard of refereeing.

Big worry for me is without Storey we're lacking pace in attack. Standard way of countering that is to stick two up front so just maybe Archie will start Doolan and Nisbet instead of simply replacing Erskine with Lawless. Spittal was a touch Jeykll & Hyde last night but I fancy he'll learn by his mistakes and could be a key player even if the formation may not suit him.

Win this and we're back at Hampden coupled with it will be season over for the Blue Nuns. A must win then :lol:

Things that will happen if we beat Rangers on Tuesday:

Pedro might get sacked

We'll get a day out at Hampden

Rangers twitter pages and forums will be a right laugh

Feel free to continue this

I believe they've got Sellick at the weekend and are in dire fear of getting a Herculean pumping in that game. I think Caixinha will be cashing out and resting one or two of his 'world class legends' against us. I hope he sticks with Alves - he is the epitome of a done player, just there for the pension contributions.

More to the point, we have nothing whatsoever to fear against this mob's best eleven, so come on Thistle - let's get our Hampden place booked.

Jags 3-1.

• Like 1