Killie Match - 14/10/17

Fawlty Towers

Just in from that, this was my 1st game in the flesh having watched the rest on Jagszone.

That team has no idea what formation or tactics they are meant to be play, there is zero movement, no leadership. It’s way worse in the flesh than on the Telly

No pass marks in the team apart from Dools who had a thankless task with no support, we look relegation candidates

• Like 1

Just in from that, this was my 1st game in the flesh having watched the rest on Jagszone.

That team has no idea what formation or tactics they are meant to be play, there is zero movement, no leadership. It’s way worse in the flesh than on the Telly

No pass marks in the team apart from Dools who had a thankless task with no support, we look relegation candidates

we are relegation candidates- worrying when Doolan, Erskine and Cerny look totally devoid of any confidence.

Barton, Edwards and Keown have reversed so bad as players over the summer it beggars belief (albeit I always felt Edwards was a bit over hyped last season at least he was a lot better than this)

I'm very angry tonight, more than i've been since before ian mcall took over. When we had the ball they were all over us, when they had the ball we sat off. No one running on the overlap, no bite in midfield and not a clue at the back. Our manager and assistant were centre halves for goodness sake. I'm gonna stop venting now cos i don't want to start demanding things the board can't deliver but where i was sitting/standing patience is running out.

Injuries aside we should be better organised and be "up for the fight" it's down to management team to create hunger and provide a game plan and we had neither today or v motherwell. Very concerning times

Edited by Guest

The team doesn't have any heart. They have a marshmallow midfield - outrun, not tackling, not tracking back, not enough awareness to support others. There is no leadership, either from the management team or on the park.

It was summed up for me by the end when, at 2 goals down, into injury time, Cerney passed the ball to a defender, presumably to play up the park. :censor:

No fight,no clue,no guts and no confidence.I felt if we finished 10th that would be ok.Playing as we are we will only finish where we are just now.We started off with hard games, but these are the games we should be picking up points from and if we cant get points from them we wont rise up this league.If we want to stay in this league something has to change soon.Some Kilmarnock fans passed me on the out and one said to the other 2 'we were brutal today' they were ,hat does that say about us?

After 10 minutes it was very obvious we weren't going to score today.

If I close my eyes I can still see Keown pick up the ball, give it to Nitrianksy, get it back then play it square to Devine. Repeat until you bore your fans to tears.

Martin Hardie made an off the cuff comment at Half Time about a Thistle player needing to "smash" someone. He couldn't have been more correct. We are so soft.

Miles off any first tackle never mind second balls.

Too many players have no idea what they are doing. That comes down to tactics, which stops at Archie's door.

McCarthy looks like he has that dig, I'd start him.

Edwards getting man of the match gave me a laugh at least, never a footballer. Runs around, can't pass or tackle to save himself.

• Like 1

First game this season. What a disappointment! The whole team lacks pace - they are slow to think, slow to move into spce, slow to pass and the passes lack the pace on the ball needed to pressurise the opposition. The players are also slow to react to thier own mistakes, and towards the end, heads were down and they were clearly knackererd.

i just can't get over this persistence in playing Barton in midfield when he's probably one of the best sweepers in the league, mcarthy deserves a chance and seems like the most natural all round central midfielder we have fit. I actually don't blame Barton I just don't understand why he's been moved when our defence is so much better when he's In it. Puzzled

The injuries we've got are playing a massive part in the way that the management team want us to play , we've not got any wing backs fit and looks as if a lot of the players are getting played out of position, Paul Mcginn is a natural right back and looks uncomfortable at left back ,Jordan Turnbull has played left back before and how he was dropped before Danny Devine after the Motherwell game is beyond me. Need to get Blair Spittall back into the No 10 role where he can affect the game , he hasn't got the pace to be a right or left winger but he's got good ability in other areas of his game.

Adam Barton in a dogfight which it is now is a waste of a jersey , I would play McCarthy every day of the week just now for his effort and his enthusiasm . Regardless of injuries Archie has got to find a system quick to win games.

Finally if what we've been told and Sean Welsh is still training with us , deal him into the end of the season , he's better than what I watched today without a doubt.

• Like 1

I didn't watch our last game against Motherwell but we looked a completely different side to the one that played Hearts, never mind the one that was arguably unlucky to get beat by Celtic and draw with Rangers. Apart from a 5 - 10 minute spell after half-time we were pedestrian, uninspired and toothless. Killie were quicker to the ball and played with an urgency that made we wonder how they began today at the bottom of the league. Maybe we just made them look good.

The injuries we've got are playing a massive part in the way that the management team want us to play , we've not got any wing backs fit and looks as if a lot of the players are getting played out of position, Paul Mcginn is a natural right back and looks uncomfortable at left back ,Jordan Turnbull has played left back before and how he was dropped before Danny Devine after the Motherwell game is beyond me. Need to get Blair Spittall back into the No 10 role where he can affect the game , he hasn't got the pace to be a right or left winger but he's got good ability in other areas of his game.

Adam Barton in a dogfight which it is now is a waste of a jersey , I would play McCarthy every day of the week just now for his effort and his enthusiasm . Regardless of injuries Archie has got to find a system quick to win games.

Finally if what we've been told and Sean Welsh is still training with us , deal him into the end of the season , he's better than what I watched today without a doubt.

It's over - we will not repeat last season. You do not get gubbed at home by the worst Kilmarnock team this century and stay in this league.

Accept it.

• Like 1

I didn't watch our last game against Motherwell but we looked a completely different side to the one that played Hearts, never mind the one that was arguably unlucky to get beat by Celtic and draw with Rangers. Apart from a 5 - 10 minute spell after half-time we were pedestrian, uninspired and toothless. Killie were quicker to the ball and played with an urgency that made we wonder how they began today at the bottom of the league. Maybe we just made them look good.

We did. They were poor: we were worse.

It's over - we will not repeat last season. You do not get gubbed at home by the worst Kilmarnock team this century and stay in this league.

Accept it.

Barney. It's far too early to say we are down. I think it's going to be a long wrectching ardous season with a few humpings in there. But we need to hang in there.

Edited by Garscube Road End

The injuries are killing us. Our attacking play since McNamara has relied heavily on extremely attacking full-backs. Archie took that approach and added pragmatism and defensive solidity. Unfortunately, this means that when your first choice full-backs are injured, and you have to replace them with someone who isn't a great crosser of the ball (Nitrianski) and someone who is playing out of position (McGinn), you've got serious problems. Add to that injuries in the centre of the park, creating an enforced inflexibility in terms of formation, and you end up with today's performance.