Should We Sack Archie?

Knightswood Jag

Archibald In or Archibald Out  

82 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out

• In
    • Out

There are some clubs who are sacking clubs (Dundee comes to mind, as does Leicester City) and some who are not. In recent times Thistle has been lucky for not having to sack their manager. It has been more than ten years since we dismissed The Bunnet and the rash of sackings in the mid-1990's (McLeod, McVey and Bryce)was one of our least successful periods. So perhaps we should appreciate that taking one's time is a sensible move. Let's not get into a spiral that we may regret.

• Like 1

Has to stay.

I know there have been some poor performances, but there is a decent squad there who will turn it around.

We're lacking that little spark that could spur us on - a bit of luck, a contentious decision, a right 'ding dong' game that we win - something to act as a catalyst.

As long as we're not detached on 1st Jan, I think we'll be absolutely fine - and I also have no idea who I'd rather have in charge.

As others have said, let's not panic ourselves into being a 'sacking' club & enjoy the stability we have - a lot of clubs would love that, if not the current results.

• Like 1

I hope you're right GPT. I'll try and keep the faith though like Knightswood Jag i've posted a few negative thoughts right after the game and although i felt guilty after all of the good times Archie has given us i reserve the right to vent cos that's what forums are for. So if it helps KJ to cope by having a poll good on him, fair play. And those that don't agree have had the freedom to express their dislike of said poll and respect to them too.

I'm new on here but see it's the same posters most of the time and there's not too many so doubt it's an accurate poll but i believe our feeling represent most jaggies, gutted, raging, fearful etc but still bloody proud to support such a wonderful beautiful club. Thank whoever is holy we have such a well rounded alternative for Glasgow. Thank you all you beautiful people for giving me hours of funny, inspiring, thoughtful reading when i am hiding in the toilet from the bossman!

Hard as it is for the youngsters to imagine and much as I definitely share their frustration about our appalling start to this season (and the end to the last one): I fail to see how sacking the manager would achieve anything in and off itself. That does not mean that Archie should be given carte blanche; to carry on ad infinitum regardless of results.

I'm sure that Archie, is well aware that continuation of Saturday's form will see him receive his P45. In addition, I don't really see anybody breaking down the door to obtain the manager's job who would make an immediate and substantial improvement to our fortunes.

I agree with others who say the man deserves a certain amount of loyalty for his service to this club. Not the least of which was getting us back up to the Premier League itself.

Something needs to change & Archie knows this - as AG says, we need to be 'harder to beat' and hopefully sneak something...

Cerny

Keown Barton Devine

McGinn Bannigan Turnbull

Erskine Lawless

Doolan Storey

I guess that is almost as good as we have got at the moment, although the midfield is still lacking a bit of steel and I think it is a bit harsh on Spittal. Are Lawless and Bannigan available again ?

It's purely conjecture on my part, but I wonder if Archie would have walked had we lost yesterday. Maybe he had spoken about this behind the scenes. Could explain why Patterson gave the post-match interview and Beattie's comments.

Wonder if Archie had walked if Beattie would've held him to his contract? I don't really wonder that at all but as they say football is a "results business" just like well, almost every other business.

• Like 1