4 Points Adrift

TartanC4

Not surprised in the least by today's result but we did play better. I was ridiculed a few weeks ago for saying we are real relegation material. People talking a few weeks ago about top six are living in cloud cookoo land. Killie and Dundee have both more than enough to continue to pick points and will spend in January to strengthen. Our only hope is Hamilton start dropping points but their form has surprised me. Our squad just ain't up to it. Yes we have injuries but so do others. Hamiltons best two players in my opinion have both been out long term. Not many answers however. Need to stay behind Archie and team and hopefully will continue to pick up points here and there and hope Hamilton go on a bad run. Would take play off place now if offered.

December was always going to be a big month with the amount of games we have.Imo by the time the month is over we will either be detached because we have only managed to pick up 2 or 3points or we will be in the pack because we have managed to pick up about 10points.After today I think we will be detached,but I hope I am wrong.Next week another big game,Kilmarnock have only picked up 2points at home this season.

​I asked last week for the league table to be posted up on the dressing room after that performance today i take it nobody bothered....20 minutes to go and we are 1 down and still trying to pass the ball sideways. If we are less than 10 points adrift at the end of December I will eat my Thistle scarf ,hat, and tie.in any order fried or grilled...

I know their keeper had some decent saves, and we probably were unlucky to lose; but honestly feel our midfield isn’t quite there yet. We are really missing Osman in the middle of the park; and to get him and Bannigan back this month could be a blessing.

However I do feel that we are looking like bottom 2 material at the moment and unless we can find goals without an injury managed Kris Doolan we are going to be in serious trouble.

We can’t continue to play one up front when its not Doolan as its just not working.

Big question is will be able to come back up at the 1st attempt and do we really want to? 10th to 15th seems to be our overall Scottish Football level so no surprise we're propping up the league.

As it stands it's looking like Ayr, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Inverness, Livi, Morton, QotS, St Mirren & Thistle next season when we go down. I'm not entirely convinced this squad won't do a Murder MacLeod and go for a double drop.

Big question is will be able to come back up at the 1st attempt and do we really want to? 10th to 15th seems to be our overall Scottish Football level so no surprise we're propping up the league.

As it stands it's looking like Ayr, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Inverness, Livi, Morton, QotS, St Mirren & Thistle next season when we go down. I'm not entirely convinced this squad won't do a Murder MacLeod and go for a double drop.

Usual negative, non factual drivel from you.

Big question is will you ever be able to make a sensible balanced comment?

• Like 1

Usual negative, non factual drivel from you.

Big question is will you ever be able to make a sensible balanced comment?

Just telling it how it is. We have a squad of gutless, spineless losers led by a management team who have run out of ideas. We've had our worst start since our return to the top table but supposedly the best squad in a long time. Taking everything into account, as it stands we will be playing championship football next season. Hopefully gotta be better than this but we'll be saddled with so many of these players who clearly aren't up for the fight.

December was always going to be a big month with the amount of games we have.Imo by the time the month is over we will either be detached because we have only managed to pick up 2 or 3points or we will be in the pack because we have managed to pick up about 10points.After today I think we will be detached,but I hope I am wrong.Next week another big game,Kilmarnock have only picked up 2points at home this season.

That statistic alone makes it almost certain that they will pick up 3 points against us next week.

"We have to start getting victories from the teams round about us" says Archie.4 of our remaining games are in that type so if we could get 2 wins and 2 draws in those 4 games and pick up a couple of points in the other 3 we would be in the pack, but if we don't we could be in trouble.

Kilmarnock (A); Motherwell (H) Dundee (A); Celtic (A); Hamilton (H); Aberdeen (A); Ross (H)

If we are still 4 points adrift after our December fixtures then hope springs eternal - obviously the results against the 4 teams immediately above are critical -stating the obvious I suspect we will have a much better idea as to whether or not to be in despair, cautiously optimistic or fully ecstatic by the New Year.

Not adding to the dispair, didn't make it yesterday. Son was there and reacons we sholda had something to show for our efforts. I'll stay optomistic......for now. Jeanie's right, end of december and we'll know what's coming in new year.

You can,t score goals by walking them in all the time or play passing game , Sometimes you need to hit the ball at the goal (Archie take a look at how many chances we had to take a shot at goal on the video recording on Monday ) someone in this team needed to start trying to score and take responsibility (hit the shot ) :wall:

• Like 1

You can,t score goals by walking them in all the time or play passing game , Sometimes you need to hit the ball at the goal (Archie take a look at how many chances we had to take a shot at goal on the video recording on Monday ) someone in this team needed to start trying to score and take responsibility (hit the shot ) :wall:

Agree with this. You only have to watch Match of the Day, Sportscene etc a few times to see how often a shot at goal, even a poorly hit or off target or half blocked one, can take any sort of weird deflection and end up in the back of the net or at least at the feet of a player who has not been marked in the way that would normally happen when defending a regular pass or cross, and is free to score. Maybe a sclaffy and unsatisfactory or even undeserved goal, but they all count just the same.

Moving on to an observation on yesterday's game. The last 20 minutes were desperately disappointing as Hibs dominated possession and saw the game out in an efficient St Johnstone like manner. We could not pass through them or go down the sides, and hitting it long was equally ineffective. Because that was the final and most enduring memory, it tends to mask the recollection that much of the play in the first 70 minutes was quite decent (though not spectacularly good).

A win at Kilmarnock, where we have performed well in recent seasons, would be very welcome, if not verging on the essential.

This is a team with relegation written all over them. For Archibald's Christmas I suggest either buying him an attacking coach, or a P45. If not, we can enjoy Dumbarton away next season. Utterly hopeless going forward again today.

I think a better Christmas present would be the injured players back.

As it is, I fear that may even be too late, but in my opinion you can’t sack Archie on the basis that he has only had 2/3 of a squad available for most of the season.

As it is, I fear that may even be too late, but in my opinion you can’t sack Archie on the basis that he has only had 2/3 of a squad available for most of the season.

Are you sure? To miss players due to injury is unfortunate; to miss so many due to injury is doubly so; to miss so many and then have so many of them pick up additional injuries when they should be recuperating looks more like the systematic mismanagement of injuries than increasing misfortunes.

I personally hope Archie never gets sacked, however it's what he's not achieving with the fit 2/3 of the squad that is causing concern right now.