New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I have concerns. I am also not convinced by tfe. Now just trying to understand why javeajag in particular doesn’t have any concerns.

He seems so adamant about the TFE proposals being wonderful. But then he was adamant that Caldwell was an improvement...

I think the issue is that people are concerned about the consortium bid. Yes some people are more enthusiastic about the TFE bid than others, but I haven't seen anyone unquestioningly suggest that it is the answer to everything.

Rather, some people seem determined to shut it down while others are prepared to give it a chance, particularly where they are concerned about the alternative.

But I think you know that too Sandy.

4 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think if the Trust isn’t backing the Consortium, there must be genuine concerns.

You mean the Trust that put out there Statement of Concern on the same day as TFE announced they were putting a bid in for the Club - which seems a remarkable coincidence  -

so can you advise if there were discussions with TFE prior to the Statement being issued ?

Were all Members of the Trust Board fully aware of the statement prior to issue and were supportive of it ? 

And I would remind the Trust - TFE have the support of 263 Fans - Not sure how you can equate that as support for there cause 

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

If the deal is done , then Beattie and co will have doubled their money in the 10 years of their investment, so as you quite rightly say it’s also down to human nature as well .  

There is also shareholders within the group who no longer are part of PTFC so I’m not sure if it’s just Beatties decision whether the deal goes through.

Again complete Nonsense - Propco isn't part of the Consortium Deal - this was confirmed at the AGM 

The Weir Money would be better financially for most of the ShareHolders as it includes Propco - so you would think based on your ( and others ) logic its just about the Money - so why haven't they bit TFE / Weir Hand off - they could say its for the good of the Club Fan Ownership blah blah - walk away with a pay day 

But they haven't ? 

So you can stop simply saying its about Money as the Weir offer is actually worth more to them financially 

6 hours ago, sandy said:

He seems so adamant about the TFE proposals being wonderful. But then he was adamant that Caldwell was an improvement...

Show me where I have said the TFE proposals are wonderful ? .....stop making things up 

I suspect yiu are just not a very nice person.

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You mean the Trust that put out there Statement of Concern on the same day as TFE announced they were putting a bid in for the Club - which seems a remarkable coincidence  -

so can you advise if there were discussions with TFE prior to the Statement being issued ?

Were all Members of the Trust Board fully aware of the statement prior to issue and were supportive of it ? 

And I would remind the Trust - TFE have the support of 263 Fans - Not sure how you can equate that as support for there cause 

Oh your back....

so still not explaining your involvement and what you know ? But questioning others motives nit a good look 

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Again complete Nonsense - Propco isn't part of the Consortium Deal - this was confirmed at the AGM 

The Weir Money would be better financially for most of the ShareHolders as it includes Propco - so you would think based on your ( and others ) logic its just about the Money - so why haven't they bit TFE / Weir Hand off - they could say its for the good of the Club Fan Ownership blah blah - walk away with a pay day 

But they haven't ? 

So you can stop simply saying its about Money as the Weir offer is actually worth more to them financially 

Just give us the positive case for the consortium .....tells us why it won’t be Barnsley Mark 2 ?

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But they haven't ? 

Never mentioned Propco in my post , as not all shareholders are shareholders in both companies.

What I said / meant was that a shareholder in PTFC with roughly a 7% stake 10 years ago will double his money which from information I was given is roughly 200k

For some of the shareholders involved that was/is an unexpected windfall.

Edited by jlsarmy

8 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

If the deal is done , then Beattie and co will have doubled their money in the 10 years of their investment, so as you quite rightly say it’s also down to human nature as well .  

There is also shareholders within the group who no longer are part of PTFC so I’m not sure if it’s just Beatties decision whether the deal goes through.

Is that a good or bad investment do you think ? 

16 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Is that a good or bad investment do you think ? 

With interest rates over the last ten years being between 0.5 and 3% and returns for  savers savers at historic lows then yes doubling your money in ten years.... we would all take that 

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Cutting words, Mr Javea. And just because I have a different opinion? You are better than that surely.

Nothing to do with different opinions that’s what forums are for .....it’s the endless insults and digs .....pointless and unnecessary 

Just now, javeajag said:

Nothing to do with different opinions that’s what forums are for .....it’s the endless insults and digs .....pointless and unnecessary 

Endless insults? Nah mate. You are the one who accused me of giving Colin Weir ‘abuse’ but then had to retract. 

Me thinks you may have a sensitive disposition; happy to dish out comments to the likes of JJ, but too quick to cry foul when someone disagrees with you. 

1 minute ago, sandy said:

Endless insults? Nah mate. You are the one who accused me of giving Colin Weir ‘abuse’ but then had to retract. 

Me thinks you may have a sensitive disposition; happy to dish out comments to the likes of JJ, but too quick to cry foul when someone disagrees with you. 

I didn’t retract....I just moved on.....and youve just done it again in case you haven’t  noticed 

Just now, javeajag said:

I didn’t retract....I just moved on.....and youve just done it again in case you haven’t  noticed 

You moved on after accepting it wasn’t ‘abuse’.  You really need to think before you type some of the incorrect assumptions you make. 

Not everyone lives in the world according to javeajag; a range of valid options do exist 

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

hamilton accounts summary ....a much smaller company than us 

37A7BAE7-9DEA-4109-827E-CDAA0C80B19C.png

The debate seemed to be about turnover. 

The figure most relevant to turnover in these accounts is debtors. 

Our debtors are much lower than Hamilton’s. 

There is insufficient information to be sure, but that would suggest a higher turnover than us  which I think is the opposite of your original point  

13 minutes ago, jaf said:

The debate seemed to be about turnover. 

The figure most relevant to turnover in these accounts is debtors. 

Our debtors are much lower than Hamilton’s. 

There is insufficient information to be sure, but that would suggest a higher turnover than us  which I think is the opposite of your original point  

Impossible I’m afraid.

‘Hamilton have the lowest budget of any club in Scotland’s top flight and their average home attendance is about 2,500.’

Edited by javeajag

12 hours ago, scotty said:

With all of the previous fans; takeovers whichever form they've taken there has always been a surge in the number of fans getting involved when things get moving. I would think that 10% is a reasonable figure considering the idea was only mooted last week and there are no legal contracts or agreements in place.

When there is something so evil as an alternative the fans are seemingly united against it?  I think people should be disappointed by 10 per cent in that set of circumstances  

I also disagree there need be a surge in our specific set of circumstances   Our situation is different  I pledge because I want change   Colin weir then delivers that change  what incentive do I have to keep pledging?  

Either way, we are speculating 

have you spoken to anyone from Falkirk about the progress of their pledges before speculating on pledges progress profiles etc they are around 6 months ahead of us and so I believe a useful comparison  they also have had the catalyst if the threat of foreign ownership to deal with   

• admin locked this topic