6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Did Beattie not say in one of the recent statements that all they are waiting on is approval from SFA/EFL that it is ok to proceed. If Norge is right, then it follows that an offer has been made.

I’m not sure that’s true ....the sfa are not approving the buying if the club at this stage but opining on dual ownership which then ties back to the efl....whether they have made a legal offer we don’t know 

20 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Not really... simply that we don’t actually know very much ...

have the consortium made an offer ? As at the open day they had not 

who are the consortium ?

why would yiu sell the club to people you don’t know ?

We don’t know much about either side. 

You are suggesting that the board have changed tfe offer to proposal( to suit the board’s narrative) yet it is normal to make a proposal 1st as the consortium did.

4 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

We don’t know much about either side. 

You are suggesting that the board have changed tfe offer to proposal( to suit the board’s narrative) yet it is normal to make a proposal 1st as the consortium did.

Yes that’s a fashionable argument but it’s made by those in favour of the consortium or against  TFE .....

but I know how TFE are going to finance their bid for example ....I don’t even know who this consortium are 

19 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It rarely works and was a high risk and he should have known better ....it was anything but prudent ...low played the ball but it was Beatties 

do you know who we are selling the club to ?

No argument that it was high risk. Business’ take risks all the time. Not trying to remove any responsibility from him, just saying it wasn’t a schoolboy error.

What has the last sentence got to do with what Beattie did when we got relegated ? 

I haven’t said I am for the consortium, I just don’t think we should be all for tfe - which you seem to be come hell or high water.

Just now, Lenziejag said:

No argument that it was high risk. Business’ take risks all the time. Not trying to remove any responsibility from him, just saying it wasn’t a schoolboy error.

What has the last sentence got to do with what Beattie did when we got relegated ? 

I haven’t said I am for the consortium, I just don’t think we should be all for tfe - which you seem to be come hell or high water.

I just don’t understand the enthusiasm to sell to unknown finance guys with unknown plans ....I’ve always said TFE should be scrutinized but the consortium seems to be yeah fine 

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Do you know who we are the selling the club to....not a hard question 

You must be a politician. If you don’t like the direction a discussion is going in you try to divert attention.

So to get back to my point. We had Doolans testimonial, Caldwell sacked, McCall appointed and all Thistle fans were happy and looking forward. 

Then tfe came in with Colin Weir’s backing and we are all arguing again. Bad timing ? At least bad judgement ? Schoolboy error perhaps ? Take your pick

• Like 2

Just now, Lenziejag said:

You must be a politician. If you don’t like the direction a discussion is going in you try to divert attention.

So to get back to my point. We had Doolans testimonial, Caldwell sacked, McCall appointed and all Thistle fans were happy and looking forward. 

Then tfe came in with Colin Weir’s backing and we are all arguing again. Bad timing ? At least bad judgement ? Schoolboy error perhaps ? Take your pick

None of that imo....

yiu must be concerned about who they are proposing to sell to ? We do t know who they are, why they want  to buy the club or what their plans are. After 4 months. The we have Alan Nixon saying that Lee and Conway  have fallen out and Lee is now not involved which means if true New City Capital won’t be the entity buying the club. They are buying us to make money and that concerns me.

25 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Which has been pretty much destroyed by the TFE “offer”.

If they decide that’s what they want to do , but that’s not what the original plan was , and with Colin Weir back on the scene it probably muddies the water a bit , so I’m not sure any of the offers will be deemed acceptable by David Beattie and co 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

None of that imo....

yiu must be concerned about who they are proposing to sell to ? We do t know who they are, why they want  to buy the club or what their plans are. After 4 months. The we have Alan Nixon saying that Lee and Conway  have fallen out and Lee is now not involved which means if true New City Capital won’t be the entity buying the club. They are buying us to make money and that concerns me.

It’s an investment company, they were always  buying us to make money, though I’m not quite sure how .

My main concern with fan ownership is - the fans.

Ideally you have successful and intelligent business people, breaking even, making unemotional decisions and ignoring the illogical emotional rants of football fans.  Colin Weir is one such fan.  We thanked him, we fawned over him, we named a stand for him (which was madness).  Then there was one potential decision he did not like so he used his emotions, pulled funding directly impacting hundreds of kids and adults and shut down all communication.  Like a child.

Currently the board has a track record in business success.  They are fans.  They have put in £ and time which is £ lost from their personal lives.  Much more than Colin Weir has ever done.  He got lucky in a lottery.  Dealing with the boring detail and avoiding ridiculous PR BS like previous people. 

Colin Weir has turned into a populist power broker offering up £ like a benevolent saint.  As long as he gets his own way (while taking no responsibility).

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

There has not been in the past that I recall

If no information is forthcoming there may eventually be the need for an EGM.

If you don't clarify your actions from the AGM, and  put half a story out [or no story at all] you are asking for trouble and giving the conspiracy theorists all the oxygen they need.

I think at this time for the good of the club fans, players and management we need a bit of clarity.

1 minute ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

If you don't clarify your actions from the AGM, and  put half a story out [or no story at all] you are asking for trouble and giving the conspiracy theorists all the oxygen they need.

I think at this time for the good of the club fans, players and management we need a bit of clarity.

Not true, the information given at the AGM is given to the shareholders and them alone, that is the law, they have followed it.

3 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I am not an expert but would there not need to be a majority of shareholders in favour to have an EGM and as the majority of shares are owned by those looking to sell it would seem unlikely they would call for one?

Javeajag - you seem to be all for the Thistle for Ever proposal which is fine. However, you don't seem to be able to accept any criticism about the groups offer/proposal?

Also, why did Paul Goodwin not say one word at the AGM?

And what are your thoughts on various fans of many other clubs absolutely slating the guy? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

My main concern with fan ownership is - the fans.

Ideally you have successful and intelligent business people, breaking even, making unemotional decisions and ignoring the illogical emotional rants of football fans.  Colin Weir is one such fan.  We thanked him, we fawned over him, we named a stand for him (which was madness).  Then there was one potential decision he did not like so he used his emotions, pulled funding directly impacting hundreds of kids and adults and shut down all communication.  Like a child.

Currently the board has a track record in business success.  They are fans.  They have put in £ and time which is £ lost from their personal lives.  Much more than Colin Weir has ever done.  Dealing with the boring detail and avoiding ridiculous PR BS like previous people. 

Colin Weir has turned into a populist power broker offering up £ like a benevolent saint.  As long as he gets his own way (while taking no responsibility).

I don’t think Colin Weir wants the responsibility to be involved in running our football club , he was a benefactor who trusted Beattie/Low / Britton to run things properly ( though that’s debatable) 

David Beattie ran roughshod over Colin Weir possibly not giving him the respect he was due , if you were Colin Beattie what would you do / think ?    Nobody has closed the Academy, the club will have to find an alternative way to fund it .

Re the consortium bid/offer , maybe Colin Weir as a supporter had concerns about an Investment Company buying our club , I certainly do but unfortunately I’ve not got the wealth to do anything about it .

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

No offer has been submitted 

hearing this from FB & Twitter on AGM

We got £1 million last season from parachute, UEFA, Cup run and spent it all

The plan was to run at a £700k deficit this year (Till new board came back) using £350k cash reserves and £350k in loans

Budget being now balanced this year with transfer money 

As I suspected, we were living way beyond our means last season.

17 minutes ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

Javeajag - you seem to be all for the Thistle for Ever proposal which is fine. However, you don't seem to be able to accept any criticism about the groups offer/proposal?

Also, why did Paul Goodwin not say one word at the AGM?

And what are your thoughts on various fans of many other clubs absolutely slating the guy? 

I’m for giving the tfe proposal a fair run and I agree it should be subject to scrutiny eg governance etc but the funding had been clarified to some extent but the same scrutiny doesn’t seem to be being given to guys whose proposal and plans are secret and refuse to engage with the fans 

I don’t know Paul Goodwin so can’t speak for him but I’m not sure nit speaking g has much significance ... I’ll judge the tfe proposals on their merits not on what some fans if other clubs think of one guy ... but if Allan heron was the main guy you would be happy ?

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I think that's more to do with people's desperation to argue about something rather than anything specific about the TFe proposal/offer.

Anyway, I have a problem with the TfE acronym. Forever is one word. The capital is in the wrong place