Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Anniesland Jag

Return to Stadiums in September

Recommended Posts

Things are looking very good long term with this virus. Looks a strong possibility a vaccine will be deployed tail end of this year. The Oxford vaccine has a 91+% proficiency according to phase one and two trials. If this is correct and gains approval then we can expect things to look positive going into the New Year.

Questions though, people who have had the vaccine do they avoid any restrictions with gaining entry to stadiums?

What happens to players who refuse the vaccine?

I am sure there are plenty of other valid questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

14 who died of COVID or died of something else and tested positive?

Dr Fauci stated  your talking crap so I’ll go with him since he knows what he’s talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye less of this talking crap (tho' I don't know who is). On this day of all days.

For today's the anniversary of the death of the Temptations'papa.  OK he was an itinerant sponging work shy con man. And a suspected bigamist as well. 
Still a shame all the same.

Altogether now.......
"It was the third of September 
That day, I'll always remember..."

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Things are looking very good long term with this virus. Looks a strong possibility a vaccine will be deployed tail end of this year. The Oxford vaccine has a 91+% proficiency according to phase one and two trials. If this is correct and gains approval then we can expect things to look positive going into the New Year.

Questions though, people who have had the vaccine do they avoid any restrictions with gaining entry to stadiums?

What happens to players who refuse the vaccine?

I am sure there are plenty of other valid questions.

After 50% of the population have the vaccine the virus struggles to find hosts get that up to 80% and it will probably be gone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Dr Fauci stated  your talking crap so I’ll go with him since he knows what he’s talking about. 

No he never, your making your own crap up. 
Uk classes numbers who have tested positive for COVID not those who have died of it, hence why the 1st minister states “With COVID mentioned on their death certificate” so do they measure of or with?

 

Norway (Unlike UK) carry’s out postmortems and only counts deaths off COVID. 

We have 264 in total, of that 13 are under the age of 60 (11 men and 2 women), 24 are from 60 to 69, 61 deaths from 70 to 79, 92 deaths from 80 to 89, with the remaining 74 in the age bracket 90+.

This is from a country the same population as Scotland, we are given clear and transparent information to allow us to make judgements, no daily broadcasts, no PR slogans, no gimmicks.

 

Unlike other countries we have been fully transparent, and not whipped up a government led panic via the media with false data points. The government breaks all data (tests, cases, admissions, ICU’s, deaths) down, by location, age and sex.  

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

No he never, your making your own crap up. 
Uk classes numbers who have tested positive for COVID not those who have died of it, hence why the 1st minister states “With COVID mentioned on their death certificate” so do they measure of or with?

so who is this I wonder .....I’ll go with the fauci you go with the daily mail....
 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/01/fauci-debunks-theories-of-low-cdc-coronavirus-death-toll-there-are-180000-plus-deaths-in-us.html

Edited by javeajag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

so who is this I wonder .....I’ll go with the fauci you do with the daily mail....
 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/01/fauci-debunks-theories-of-low-cdc-coronavirus-death-toll-there-are-180000-plus-deaths-in-us.html

I’d rather go with Norwegian health institute 

https://www.fhi.no/en/id/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/daily-reports/daily-reports-COVID19/

Or Denmark (With 624 deaths) who state they count with COVID in system but not always cause of death 

6) Deaths = the statistics on fatalities includes deaths recorded within 30 days of the detection of COVID-19 infection in the individual. However, COVID-19 is not necessarily the cause of death.”

 

https://www.sst.dk/en/English/Corona-eng/COVID-19-updates-Statistics-and-charts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’d rather go with Norwegian health institute 

https://www.fhi.no/en/id/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/daily-reports/daily-reports-COVID19/

Or Denmark (With 624 deaths) who state they count with COVID in system but not always cause of death 

6) Deaths = the statistics on fatalities includes deaths recorded within 30 days of the detection of COVID-19 infection in the individual. However, COVID-19 is not necessarily the cause of death.”

 

https://www.sst.dk/en/English/Corona-eng/COVID-19-updates-Statistics-and-charts

You said he didn’t say it but he did .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You said he didn’t say it but he did .....

You said he said I was talking crap, he was talking about US, stats you mentioned weren’t US.

It also states “The CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics told CNBC in a statement that death certificates list all possible causes or conditions that lead to a person’s death, and there may be more than one listed.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

You said he said I was talking crap, he was talking about US, stats you mentioned weren’t US.

It also states “The CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics told CNBC in a statement that death certificates list all possible causes or conditions that lead to a person’s death, and there may be more than one listed.”

 

You raised the issue of Covid deaths not being caused primarily by Covid ....I told you fauci dismissed that .....you said he didn’t say that ....then you admit he did but was only referring to the US ....when you dived in in this it was about Australia .....move on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You raised the issue of Covid deaths not being caused primarily by Covid ....I told you fauci dismissed that .....you said he didn’t say that ....then you admit he did but was only referring to the US ....when you dived in in this it was about Australia .....move on 

He dismissed it for US, he knows jack shit about how other countries count it. UK states WITH even if not main contributor. Norway states OF So only true is counted. Denmark counts WITH so there figure is higher than actual.

My question wasn’t related to US but Australia you replied with the USA’s expert, who doesn’t deal with Australia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

No he never, your making your own crap up. 
Uk classes numbers who have tested positive for COVID not those who have died of it, hence why the 1st minister states “With COVID mentioned on their death certificate” so do they measure of or with?

 

Norway (Unlike UK) carry’s out postmortems and only counts deaths off COVID. 

We have 264 in total, of that 13 are under the age of 60 (11 men and 2 women), 24 are from 60 to 69, 61 deaths from 70 to 79, 92 deaths from 80 to 89, with the remaining 74 in the age bracket 90+.

This is from a country the same population as Scotland, we are given clear and transparent information to allow us to make judgements, no daily broadcasts, no PR slogans, no gimmicks.

 

Unlike other countries we have been fully transparent, and not whipped up a government led panic via the media with false data points. The government breaks all data (tests, cases, admissions, ICU’s, deaths) down, by location, age and sex.  

But Norway is not attached to England!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

He dismissed it for US, he knows jack shit about how other countries count it. UK states WITH even if not main contributor. Norway states OF So only true is counted. Denmark counts WITH so there figure is higher than actual.

My question wasn’t related to US but Australia you replied with the USA’s expert, who doesn’t deal with Australia 

Dr Fauci knows more about Covid and viruses than you do .... except in your head which I understand is quite large 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the current lockdown measures in Glasgow, no test games will be allowed in Glasgow until these measures are eased again. Meanwhile in England Cambridge's home games against Fulham U 21's in the EFL trophy and league 2 game against Carlisle will have crowds. The EFL trophy game will have a crowd of 1000 and the league 2 game will have an attendance of 2500. I look forward to @elevenone confirming the crowds once the games are played.:thumbsup2:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

But Norway is not attached to England!

 

It’s attached to Sweden and Russia. Are you honestly blaming the rise in cases on England? Not Scots traveling abroad, schools starting and massively more testing 

Edited by Norgethistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Dr Fauci knows more about Covid and viruses than you do .... except in your head which I understand is quite large 

He wasn’t commenting on Australia. You were as was I. I don’t think he has any time for commenting on Australia as he has a big enough problem at home with his boss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

He wasn’t commenting on Australia. You were as was I. I don’t think he has any time for commenting on Australia as he has a big enough problem at home with his boss

He was commenting on the virus .... but I will bow to your superior epistemological knowledge to Dr Fauci  on the differences of Covid in Australia and the US

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

He was commenting on the virus .... but I will bow to your superior epistemological knowledge to Dr Fauci  on the differences of Covid in Australia and the US

He is directly responding to Trumps tweet on the 180000 deaths being only 9000. The CDR is a US agency dealing with US contagion. And I quote from YOUR link
 

White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci debunked online theories promoted by President Donald Trump that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has changed its guidance for tallying coronavirus deaths, showing a fraction of total Covid-19 fatalities. 

On Sunday, Twitter removed a post retweeted by Trump that claimed the CDC had “quietly” updated its guidance to indicate only 6% of the country’s coronavirusdeath toll — roughly 9,000 deaths —  was actually caused by the virus, according to a CNN report. The tweet said the remaining 94% had “other serious illnesses.

 “So the numbers you’ve been hearing -- there are 180,000-plus deaths -- are real deaths from Covid-19. Let (there) not be any confusion about that.” 

“It’s not 9,000 deaths from Covid-19, it’s 180-plus-thousand deaths,” Fauci said. “

If you can’t understand the article you quote and the context it is written in I’d advice not to quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been away from the forum for a while but thought I'd look in. 

But jeez, I'm away again 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else a bit suspicious about how pharmaceutical companies appear to be developing anti-Covid vaccines at amazing speeds, apparently in months, and have them tested and presumably approved for sale by the millions...... when normally it takes years for vaccines to get through all the pre-clinical and clinical trials and safety checks to ensure that there are no long-term  negative effects on people, or on their as-yet unborn children?

There is a lot of money at stake for these companies, possibly their biggest ever bonanza.

Just a thought.

Not a vaccine, of course, but remember Thalidomide?: "Perfectly safe." 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Anybody else a bit suspicious about how pharmaceutical companies appear to be developing anti-Covid vaccines at amazing speeds, apparently in months, and have them tested and presumably approved for sale by the millions...... when normally it takes years for vaccines to get through all the pre-clinical and clinical trials and safety checks to ensure that there are no long-term  negative effects on people, or on their as-yet unborn children?

There is a lot of money at stake for these companies, possibly their biggest ever bonanza.

Just a thought.

Not a vaccine, of course, but remember Thalidomide?: "Perfectly safe." 

Keep your cuckoo conspiracy pish to the general forum where it has been patched already snowflake boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Keep your cuckoo conspiracy pish to the general forum where it has been patched already snowflake boy

Oh, you are funny.

And henceforth, ignored.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Anybody else a bit suspicious about how pharmaceutical companies appear to be developing anti-Covid vaccines at amazing speeds, apparently in months, and have them tested and presumably approved for sale by the millions...... when normally it takes years for vaccines to get through all the pre-clinical and clinical trials and safety checks to ensure that there are no long-term  negative effects on people, or on their as-yet unborn children?

There is a lot of money at stake for these companies, possibly their biggest ever bonanza.

Just a thought.

Not a vaccine, of course, but remember Thalidomide?: "Perfectly safe." 

You make a good point. No one has developed a vaccine or is close to realising one yet. Remember we were told by via the media a couple of months back that one would be ready by September? Well its September and nothing so far (unless you fancy giving the Russian vaccine a go). The best case timescale was 18 months to 2 years which means maybe by the end of 2021.

The Pharmacy companies have made a lot of money out of politicians who throw money at any indication of a vaccine but then again the politicians are the one who created this market by saying a vaccine is just around the corner rather than telling the public that lifestyle changes were long term.

I would hope that in a few months time a public enquiry is launched into what money was thrown at pre-ordering vaccines before they had been tested, the relationship between the politicians running those companies and the government. Whilst they are at it a close look at what money was flung at IT companies to come up with apps to help with test and trace would I think be an eye opener.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at the stage where I'd volunteer to catch this.  Be a battery hen and ride it out with medical support.  Bored of it.  Going mad.  Looking at economic impact and more worried about that.  Looking at other people's actions and despairing while understanding how teenagers and yoof are not socially distancing. 

I'd go to football with mask on, socially distanced and promise to be quiet.  Anyone who shouts out gets chucked out by full PPE wearing bouncers then hosed down outside.

Was even tempted to stand outside Hampden and listen to game on radio tonight.  I'm 42.  That's not normal.  Luckily wife is going out so I need to stay in with kids.  But maybe I could get them into the double buggy and sleep?

 

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×