Sign in to follow this  
Dick Dastardly

Connor Hazzard

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Two woefully taken penalties. I could have thrown my bunnet on them.

Both Hearts players looked nervous walking up to the ball. Anytime I see a player (first miss) fidgeting about with the ball when putting it onto the spot it makes me think he is going to miss......... and most of the time they do! 

However Hazard deserves credit. 

I was rooting for Hearts. Good karma had they won. 

16 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Two woefully taken penalties. I could have thrown my bunnet on them.

they were, but the keeper still has to save them. If he steps off the wrong way both are goals

After his time with us, i expected him to be freed by Celtic and end up in the Scottish championship.

Edited by Auld Jag

1 hour ago, Bobbyhouston said:

What about the 3 goals he lost 

OK then BH, tell us all about them.

The rest of us will give due respect to a young keeper who has an achievement to look back on with pride even if he does nothing else in the game.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The rest of us will give due respect to a young keeper who has an achievement to look back on with pride even if he does nothing else in the game.

he’s absolutely shite , did you actually watch the game?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Quite clear to see who your big team is by that post! Why do we as Thistle fans need to give due respect to a Celtic goalkeeper just because he played a few games on loan for us? To hell with him and anyone else who has been a bit part in our downfall through the years. If he had come to Firhill and been the next Buffon and achieved something with us of note then fair play but he is just yet another non entity who has waltzed in and back out the doors over the years.

Hazzard never looked anything but average with us, and from the highlights of the final he didn't look anything other than average there either.

Well done to him for saving a couple of poorly hit penalties.

I agree that he should be given credit for saving the two penalties. I also agree that during his spell with us he was very average. 

I remember taking my grandson to the home game with Ross County when from 2-0 up at HT we lost 2-4!

My grandson who was about 15 at the time and a promising pro-youth  goalkeeper was not impressed by Hazard and was amazed he was a Celtic player! 

Probably many a fine goalie looked far from promising when they were in their early 20s. I remember the County game but seem to mind Hazard was between the sticks for some of our better results under Caldwell. Still kinda surprised he's found his way into Celtic's 1st team.