Let's Look On The Bright Side

gianlucatoni

On teletext that HMRC are calling in £250k owed tax from Dundee F.C. - and giving no leeway on payment as they want it paid immediately ... if they go to admin it could solve our relegation 'problem' overnight ...

.... and still looking at being aat the foot of the table early doors (in a glass half full kind of way) Everton are at the bottom of the EPL - albeit we don't have Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta et al to get us out of jail!

My link

Edited by gianlucatoni

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On teletext that HMRC are calling in £250k owed tax from Dundee F.C. - and giving no leeway on payment as they want it paid immediately ... if they go to admin it could solve our relegation 'problem' overnight ...

.... and still looking at being aat the foot of the table early doors (in a glass half full kind of way) Everton are at the bottom of the EPL - albeit we don't have Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta et al to get us out of jail!

Dont think it would solve our relegation problems at all. If they were docked 9 points then they would only be 4 points behind us.... I cant see us maintaining a lead over anyone in the league.

Has all our debt to HMRC been paid or is there still money outstanding?

At the Club's AGM earlier in the year it was stated that we had an agreement with HMRC which had several more months to run but we were meeting our monthly payments to both HMRC and the Bank. Recent comments in the press also state that we are servicing the debt as required.

Much as I hate Dundee - I don't particularly want to see any football club go out of business, but can see that for some it just won't be finacially viable. Where I do agree with Melville is that if HMRC can agree a payment schedule with us (and possibly others) why do they seem reluctant to agree one with Dundee? Perhaps something to do with likely future finances? - I suppose at least we had the equity in owning our stadium when we owed them the cash.

Much as I hate Dundee - I don't particularly want to see any football club go out of business, but can see that for some it just won't be finacially viable. Where I do agree with Melville is that if HMRC can agree a payment schedule with us (and possibly others) why do they seem reluctant to agree one with Dundee? Perhaps something to do with likely future finances? - I suppose at least we had the equity in owning our stadium when we owed them the cash.

Maybe because we weren't spunking £250k on players last summer when we should have been paying our tax bill with the money??

Unlike Dundee, we sold a player to pay our tax bill, we didn't just ignore it and buy players.

You sound just like a Dundee fan. Thing is, they, and Melville in particular, have made themselves a hot topic of discussion with their spending sprees and arrogant pronouncements.

To be fair to Dungdee, they gambled that the spending spree would buy them promotion and thereby solve any debt problems.

They bet on black and it came up red.

:rolleyes:

Why should they when they see Dundee flinging money around in the way they did last season. We all have to pay our taxes so why should any football club believe they are any different or that the taxman is not going to eventually catch up with them and want his money.

It's probably exactly as Melville says, HMRC is making an example of them to spur on the many other clubs who are probably in the same boat. Maybe this is what Coco meant when he said we were on a sound financial footing (compared to others).

Actually I take that last bit back, he was just spouting pish

He admits that they have been in arrears for the last 19 months and in the same breath moans that he is not being given time to pay it off??? Awww, poor soul.

First rule of business is keep the VAT man and the taxman happy and the first ones to be paid ALWAYS. I thought Mr Melville might have known that.

No sympathy for them - rotten club that have no morals, no conscience and enjoy ripping off away fans.

Would we really miss them if they went?