Big Announcement

javeajag

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Jags fan on P and B saying that we shall see some spin on fan ownership this coming week. Might be that we are in a big financial hole( which a few suspect) and it looks a bit grim.

I’m concerned that 4 weeks after being promised more communication we’ve had no communication. 
There is a significant thread on FB Jags Fans FTOF where it appears a large majority have fears over the Foundation and the clubs finances.

I have again asked the group to give clarification regarding DD if they can’t I’ve asked them to inform me how to cancel my subscription. 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m concerned that 4 weeks after being promised more communication we’ve had no communication. 
There is a significant thread on FB Jags Fans FTOF where it appears a large majority have fears over the Foundation and the clubs finances.

I have again asked the group to give clarification regarding DD if they can’t I’ve asked them to inform me how to cancel my subscription. 

There seems to be a whiff that all is not right at the club.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:47 AM, Norgethistle said:

Do you really need somebody to tell you how to do that?

17 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Saw this on P and B.593507453_Screenshot_20220324-094243_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2989d1265b15bb89a7b590f02fc4761b.jpg1477292802_Screenshot_20220324-093634_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ce933483822b81fde0ae46e14c93bdfe.jpg

Just sums up our Club to a tee just now, “knowledge share “is a new one in the business world to me .

Why would you not do due diligence taking on a Company.

Totally bizarre and unprofessional 

• Like 1

i managed to get a response from someone in TJF via twitter at the weekend and was told they are committed to "a form of DD" and thier legal advice has been   that its "difficult for us to demand a traditional DD with a £5m asset being gifted to us." i guess if TJF were buying the shares they could demand this but we are being gifted them and so 3BC and PTFC need to co-operate fully, which it seesm thay are reluctant to do.

Questions have been asked in recent weeks re the accounts of both PTFC and 3BC and they are still awaiting the answers to these questions ....    seems to be a case of not being able to force traditional DD rather than not wanting to.  They "have been assured everything is in hand and we are a sustainable club" 

its also worth noting they are all doing this in spare time and so its bound to take longer than everyone would ideally want

i guess the question we all want to see the answer to is what is the "other operating income" if its not a loan of any kind or a gift to plug an unplanned overspend then the club would appear to be running within its means.

If however its a unplanned loan or gift  from 3BC than it is a concern ...

Edited by jaggymct
fat fingers

The analysis of Club financials comes from a reputable source; the Club are running at a loss, only the 3BC money kept us marginally in the black. 

How transfer of the Club from 3BC to fan ownership can help this situation is far from clear. 

21 minutes ago, sandy said:

The analysis of Club financials comes from a reputable source; the Club are running at a loss, only the 3BC money kept us marginally in the black. 

How transfer of the Club from 3BC to fan ownership can help this situation is far from clear. 

I dont doubt the source, but do we know if PTFC knew the additional funding was there at the start of the season and budget to use it or were they running at a loss and forced to ask for additional funding ?

2 very different scenarios

22 minutes ago, sandy said:

I think in fairness it is difficult to take the years ending in May 2020 and 2021 as typical for any club. Having said that, I am astonished at some of the increases in the cash reserves of some of the clubs.

Just a thought re the additional funding I cant find the article but i am sure Thistle said that while they were using furlough they would top up salaries so folk were not out of pocket.

Its possible this was done under the provisio that 3BC would supply these additional funds, this is a scenario thats unlikely to occur again.

We also went to court to challenge the decision to unfairly relegate us, I am sure our fees were covered but its entirely possile we had to pay the invoice and additional funds came into the club to cover that expense...

Maybe I am just an eternal optimist .. (or a mug) but i just prefer to err on the positive side rather than be negative

2 hours ago, jaggymct said:

i managed to get a response from someone in TJF via twitter at the weekend and was told they are committed to "a form of DD" and thier legal advice has been   that its "difficult for us to demand a traditional DD with a £5m asset being gifted to us." i guess if TJF were buying the shares they could demand this but we are being gifted them and so 3BC and PTFC need to co-operate fully, which it seesm thay are reluctant to do.

Questions have been asked in recent weeks re the accounts of both PTFC and 3BC and they are still awaiting the answers to these questions ....    seems to be a case of not being able to force traditional DD rather than not wanting to.  They "have been assured everything is in hand and we are a sustainable club" 

its also worth noting they are all doing this in spare time and so its bound to take longer than everyone would ideally want

Worth adding for context iIalso contacted the official account via twitter and as far as I can see its not even been read, so there is a serious issue with responding to communicatiosn via the official channels