No Fan Ownership ?

javeajag

Draw Lose or Draw Podcast Episode 88 "Dug Meat" -

"David Forrest is joined by former member of the Jags Foundation Stuart Callison to discuss the recent events in the fan ownership saga, his time in TJF, why fan ownership is important and the recent open letter signed by a number of well known Thistle fans demanding transparency from the board."

DLD Podcast - Episode 88

This is a vital listen. I understand a lot more about what's been going on now. Thanks to all involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sinistar said:

Draw Lose or Draw Podcast Episode 88 "Dug Meat" -

"David Forrest is joined by former member of the Jags Foundation Stuart Callison to discuss the recent events in the fan ownership saga, his time in TJF, why fan ownership is important and the recent open letter signed by a number of well known Thistle fans demanding transparency from the board."

DLD Podcast - Episode 88

This is a vital listen. I understand a lot more about what's been going on now. Thanks to all involved.

Agreed, very illuminating, essential indeed, thanks very much to Stuart and the podcasters. 

Edited by delurker

A good listen; and a well-put case why Due Diligence was necessary.

Its also an interesting critique of current Club initiatives & plans. I didn’t seem many (any?) current Club Directors at hospitality recently. Have they genuinely lost interest in helping the Club improve? 

5 hours ago, sandy said:

Its also an interesting critique of current Club initiatives & plans. I didn’t seem many (any?) current Club Directors at hospitality recently. Have they genuinely lost interest in helping the Club improve? 

Were you hosted in the boardroom and sat in the Main Stand? I'm not sure why you'd expect to see the directors otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Were you hosted in the boardroom and sat in the Main Stand? I'm not sure why you'd expect to see the directors otherwise.

It certainly used to be the practice that Directors would attend or visit each hospitality area pre/post match - AR lounge, Ambassador’s/Club 71, boardroom etc . This was a way of recognising and acknowledging folks who had dug deep to pay more/provide sponsorship etc.

When I was involved a few of us would also spend time in JLS and JHS stands and concourses. Just talking to fans. 

1 minute ago, Lance Gilmour said:

It certainly used to be the practice that Directors would attend or visit each hospitality area pre/post match - AR lounge, Ambassador’s/Club 71, boardroom etc . This was a way of recognising and acknowledging folks who had dug deep to pay more/provide sponsorship etc.

When I was involved a few of us would also spend time in JLS and JHS stands and concourses. Just talking to fans. 

Yep that’s what I was alluding to. Didn’t see it last time. 

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Teams are still coming out separate "tunnels" and a few other covid/football restrictions remain in place. Those restrictions may well apply to movement between stands etc. I'd cut the directors some slack in this particular instance.

Good point. Although, for clarity, my post wasn’t meant to be critical, just an observation.