McCall Sacked

elevenone

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

McCall laid the foundations- steadied ship after the disaster of Campbell and signed key players for the championship promotion- Doolan, Erskine, Fox(no matter how much regresses since he was key then)

I know, in my first post in this thread I credited McCall for saving is twice over from being another Clyde. If we ever find ourselves in League 1 or in danger of going down there again I would have no hesitation whatsoever in rehiring McCall. McCall and McNamara together laid the foundations (McNamara signed the defence, Lawless, Craig etc..

Totally the the wrong time to sack them , let them enjoy the day, and all Jags fans enjoy they're night. The decision to sack them must have been made after the Cove game but we could have not gone to Ibrox without a manager, our board  who ever they are have taken away the joy of that great performance today, shame on them..They better have someone special lined up......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BowenBoys said:

The club statement is either badly worded or carefully worded.

It doesn't actually say they have left the club. They have been "[relieved] of their duties in relation to the first team with immediate effect".

It also doesn't say that they are looking to appoint a new manager.

Maybe they are therefore going with the cheap option of Doolan which leaves us guessing as to how bad a state we really are financially?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Totally the the wrong time to sack them , let them enjoy the day, and all Jags fans enjoy they're night. The decision to sack them must have been made after the Cove game but we could have not gone to Ibrox without a manager, our board  who ever they are have taken away the joy of that great performance today, shame on them..They better have someone special lined up......

Who are the board members who have made this decision? 

26 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Overrated manager for some reason due to a good season & half at St Mirren. We might be his level but I think he probably thinks we’re beneath him

I think he’s a decent manager actually, who went too big too soon and should have taken his time and stayed another season at St mirren. 

Needs a chance to prove himself again. Rather him than Goodwin.

• Like 1

I'm a bit perplexed both by the decision and in particular by the timing. I had expected McCall to be given to the end of the season - my view has been that with a full squad and in form we are the best side in the Division ( not a high bar) but we have had several awful performances. 

I'm assuming there is a story behind the scenes - McCall in his pre-game radio interview made an oblique and unenthusiastic comment about "waiting for things to happen...taking time" - I have also noted posts by high profile TJF members openly not backing the manager.

I made this comment back in November about a change of manager:-

The choice of manager would be made by the Queen of PR.  She doesn't have a track record and her lack of communication with the fans does not auger well for a good appointment.

The current Board with Trustees appointed in strange circumstances have not so far been an improvement in communication and have no experience of running a football club. We have heard nothing other than dark suggestions of a financial mess.

I will reserve judgement until we hear more from the Club and find out who the new manager is. I don't see many good candidates. We need clear and transparent communication from the Board and TJF and soon.

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Possibly a scenario, cost cutting , need to choose an assistant manager to get rid of and McCall decided to go as well 

So there are no other options in cutting costs rather than a Management Team who just pulled in circa £200K in a Cup Tie - and are still in the Hunt for a play off spot - ask yourself this - who benefits from this Sacking 

And if its about Finances there are quicker and more straightforward cuts 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So there are no other options in cutting costs rather than a Management Team who just pulled in circa £200K in a Cup Tie - and are still in the Hunt for a play off spot - ask yourself this - who benefits from this Sacking 

The good thing is though that as we are fan owned apparently we all know exactly why this decision was made and when ……..

3 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

There’s no cost cutting going on. Nothing to do with money apparently. Was basically sacked after the last home game but given the chance to play rangers because he got us to that round.

Are you joking - we are a point away from a play off spot ? 

and what - Dools is going to get us promoted ? 

My Arse there is more to this than couple of bad results 

As for finances - he just pulled in circa £200k from the Cup Tie 

this stinks to high heaven 

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Made the New Boss - Same as the Old Boss 

I reckon this current board who no one can name must have the worst track record on communication I can ever remember. They have literally said nothing for two months , zero ! And now we sack a manager and don’t say it even hint at why ? And the timing is beyond bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, laukat said:

There are some strange rumour about that McCall going to Dundee United

Also one journalist saying that Doolan will get the job permanently if he does well in the next few games.

Which is what you get when you don’t explain what’s going on and why …piss poor 

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The timing is totally wrong, I don’t perceive to know what is going on behind the scenes, we don’t really know who is making the decisions .

Possibly today’s money is papering over the cracks of our financial situation.
Ian McCall today made what I thought was quite a strange comment before today’s game saying these players had made quite a lot of money for the Club over the last couple of seasons which I thought was quite a bizarre comment.

IMO it is the right decision at the wrong time , there had to be change .

1 hour ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Record factory event today with board members pished was embarrassing , few hours later management sacked 

glad McCall is away 100% correct but the shandy drinking TJF members who where wasted today , I hope that wasn’t done by anyone of them tonight or they will be taken to the cleaners 

As I’m one of the board, and was there with 6 other members of the board, I can assure you none of us were ‘wasted’ but if you’d like to name who, plus who you are we can have a further discussion on it. 

• Like 4