McCall Sacked

elevenone

Totally the the wrong time to sack them , let them enjoy the day, and all Jags fans enjoy they're night. The decision to sack them must have been made after the Cove game but we could have not gone to Ibrox without a manager, our board  who ever they are have taken away the joy of that great performance today, shame on them..They better have someone special lined up......

Seen a few comments online about Danny Lennon.

Whoever is suggesting that has let their substance issues take control of their senses or genuinely keen to see the club die.

Others this applies to are Jim Duffy, John Hughes, Jim McIntyre, Paul Hartley but that is by no means all the names that can get in the sea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, laukat said:

Seen a few comments online about Danny Lennon.

Whoever is suggesting that has let their substance issues take control of their senses or genuinely keen to see the club die.

Others this applies to are Jim Duffy, John Hughes, Jim McIntyre, Paul Hartley but that is by no means all the names that can get in the sea.

Steven Craigen has the experience to take our Club forward with his experience at Motherwell with the Academy etc 

Knows the Club well which is obviously a bonus 

I would take Jack Ross, Jim Goodwin, Neil Lennon or Stephen Craigen

Interested to see how Doolan does but it doesn't look like a viable long term arrangement when he only has Paul McDonald alongside him and presumably still have their youth roles to fulfil. Think Doolan's rep with the fans is being used here to smooth over any awkward questions such as why hasn't the chief exec gone when every other senior person at the club has now left?

If we're going to go with a rookie manager he's going to need experience around him.

26 minutes ago, johnkebab71 said:

There is obviously more to the parting of ways which we will find out in coming days which I’m sure won’t be as sinister as the statement may read….right call for everyone.

I would think there has been a meeting and they have all decided that this was his last game…try and go out on a high.

Hopefully they find the new man soon. 

Wouldn't it be very unusual for everyone to know a manager is leaving but still take charge for a match?

37 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Record factory event today with board members pished was embarrassing , few hours later management sacked 

glad McCall is away 100% correct but the shandy drinking TJF members who where wasted today , I hope that wasn’t done by anyone of them tonight or they will be taken to the cleaners 

None of the TJF board are on the club board. Or do you mean someone else?

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

McNamara not in his first season and Archie not after we beat Motherwell 1-0 to be top 6, after that game strangely we went downhill 

Virtually no managers would be successful by that criteria- Archie lost his way, but was our most successful manager in ages with promotion and 5 years in the top division. If our next appointment manages that, I won’t complain. McNamara was more limited but did lay the foundations and ultimately was a good appointment 

15 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

I’d take Jack Ross if we could get him, I genuinely can’t think of anyone else I’d be happy to see.

Overrated manager for some reason due to a good season & half at St Mirren. We might be his level but I think he probably thinks we’re beneath him

8 minutes ago, laukat said:

I would take Jack Ross, Jim Goodwin, Neil Lennon or Stephen Craigen

Interested to see how Doolan does but it doesn't look like a viable long term arrangement when he only has Paul McDonald alongside him and presumably still have their youth roles to fulfil. Think Doolan's rep with the fans is being used here to smooth over any awkward questions such as why hasn't the chief exec gone when every other senior person at the club has now left?

If we're going to go with a rookie manager he's going to need experience around him.

Archibald went with Shaggy- hardly experienced- ultimately successful for a number of seasons 

6 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Virtually no managers would be successful by that criteria- Archie lost his way, but was our most successful manager in ages with promotion and 5 years in the top division. If our next appointment manages that, I won’t complain. McNamara was more limited but did lay the foundations and ultimately was a good appointment 

McCall laid the foundations- steadied ship after the disaster of Campbell and signed key players for the championship promotion- Doolan, Erskine, Fox(no matter how much regresses since he was key then)

Just now, Duke Gekantawa said:

Archibald went with Shaggy- hardly experienced- ultimately successful for a number of seasons 

Archibald had a coule of seasons as a coach before he stepped up. 

Paterson was assistant manager at Livingston before he came to Thistle to work with Archie.

Paul McDonald has decent youth coaching experience but his first team experience is 1 game as interim Kilmarnock manager. Doolan's coaching experience is his 4 weeks as a youth coach for us and within his own academy.

If we want Doolan to succeed he needs to appoint his own team.