Playing budget 23/24

25 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We are due Around £40k by my calculations. Google solidarity payments

5% gets split between all the clubs that he was with upto 23. And we get more if he moves again to another club outside England 

Let's hope the transfer fee is the £2M reported then, although anything will be an unplanned for bonus.

13 hours ago, QXBoy said:

We are on PLUMS. He is now 26 years old - beyond the age limit for us ( or anybody else) to qualify for a cut.

Further to my previous post.

FIFA Regulations (Article 20 of Regulations on the status and transfer of players) -Training Compensation.

"Until the end of the calendar year of his 23rd birthday".

To repeat - Kevin Nisbet is now 26 years old.

We are due nothing from his transfer!

It is not training compensation. It is a Solidarity Payment. They are different.

Unlike training compensation, solidarity contribution will only be payable upon the international transfer of a player who is already a professional, as a transfer fee is not payable for amateur players. As the solidarity contribution is dependent on the transfer fee, solidarity payments will only be payable if a player is transferred for a fee, prior to the expiry of his employment contract. Another difference from training compensation is that transfers occurring after the season of a player’s 23rd birthday will continue to engage the obligation to pay solidarity contribution.

The calculation of solidarity payments is slightly simpler than the calculation of training compensation. As a starting point, five percent of the transfer fee will be deducted, and divided between the clubs that trained the player between his 12th and 23rd birthday. The training years between the player’s 12th and 16th birthdays are valued at half of the of the value of the subsequent years. If the player is under 23 years old at the time of the transfer, the total solidarity payment will be less than five percent, as the compensation for the remaining years will be deducted. For every year that the player is younger than 23, 0.5% shall be deducted from 5%.

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, QXBoy said:

Further to my previous post.

FIFA Regulations (Article 20 of Regulations on the status and transfer of players) -Training Compensation.

"Until the end of the calendar year of his 23rd birthday".

To repeat - Kevin Nisbet is now 26 years old.

We are due nothing from his transfer!

Look at article 21.

The question I have is what do we do with any money we receive from Nisbet's transfer? Do we put it to the playing budget in the thinking that if it helps get another player in or a current one to stay it helps results on the pitch which could help in getting higher up the table (more prize money) and increase crowds. Or do we say it was a bonus so keep the playing budget as agreed and use it to help build up our depleted reserves?

49 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The question I have is what do we do with any money we receive from Nisbet's transfer? Do we put it to the playing budget in the thinking that if it helps get another player in or a current one to stay it helps results on the pitch which could help in getting higher up the table (more prize money) and increase crowds. Or do we say it was a bonus so keep the playing budget as agreed and use it to help build up our depleted reserves?

Build our reserves. Go with our reduced playing budget and see how we lie in January, football wise and financially. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Look at article 21.

OK D.D. I stand corrected.

The question then is how the 5% (100,000 pounds, if 2 million pounds is the transfer fee) is split.

Do clubs he was loaned to during his time as a Jag (East Stirlingshire, Ayr United and Dumbarton) get a cut?

15 minutes ago, QXBoy said:

The question then is how the 5% (100,000 pounds, if 2 million pounds is the transfer fee) is split.

Do clubs he was loaned to during his time as a Jag (East Stirlingshire, Ayr United and Dumbarton) get a cut?

Yes they do, but we will get the bulk of the 5%. Not sure if Hibs also get some for the time he was there before us.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

34 minutes ago, QXBoy said:

Can't VAR sort this out. :thinking:

6 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Depends what TJF money is designed to do

Is it me or am I the only one on here that thinks we are due nothing from the Nisbet transfer.

If solidarity payments are actually a thing why is this the first time I've ever heard of them. Sound like a big crock a made up keech to me.

We let the player go years ago (Well Archie did) yet we still get a payment. Utter guff

Edited by The Legend Blows

4 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Is it me or am I the only one on here that thinks we are due nothing from the Nisbet transfer.

If solidarity payments are actually a thing why is this the first time I've ever heard of them. Sound like a big crock a made up keech to me.

We let the player go years ago (Well Archie did) yet we still get a payment. Utter guff

Probably as it is the first time it has affected Thistle, although it was discussed previously when Nisbet turned down a move to Millwall.

4 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Check Article 21 and Annex 5 in the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players

It may be the first time that a former Thistle player has moved for cash to a club in another FA after their 23rd birthday. (Jack Hendrie and Liam Lindsay were under 23 or free transfers when they moved and I can't think of other candidates.

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Check Article 21 and Annex 5 in the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players

It may be the first time that a former Thistle player has moved for cash to a club in another FA after their 23rd birthday. (Jack Hendrie and Liam Lindsay were under 23 or free transfers when they moved and I can't think of other candidates.

Jimmy Bone to Celtic from Norwich?

36 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

I'll no hold ma breath.

If it comes to pass then great, otherwise let's get signing part time, free agent journeymen centre halfs on the double, otherwise Milne and McMillan will be busy next season. 

What's Kevin James doing these days?

• 3 weeks later...