Playing budget 23/24

14 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

He talks about potential investors,but surely they would to own a share of the club would that be allowed under the way the  club is now set up. 

I suppose there are other ways to “invest” without taking a stake in the club. Sponsorship of existing things, new initiatives, brand partnership, that sort of thing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MarciaBlaine said:

I suppose there are other ways to “invest” without taking a stake in the club. Sponsorship of existing things, new initiatives, brand partnership, that sort of thing?

Renaming of the stadium is another example. 

Maybe someone is interested in sponsoring our woman’s team?

ETA but there are also X% of Thistle shares still owned by private individuals who might be willing to sell

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, sandy said:

He’s part of the PTFC Trust who cosied up to Jacqui. He doesn’t deserve a permanent place on the Board. 

Anybody who endured the 24-h Save The Jags match at the Firhill Complex has his heart in the right place.

I flew to Marseille the following morning on business, and people were asking me if I'd had an accident, because I could hardly walk normally for several days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sandy said:

He’s part of the PTFC Trust who cosied up to Jacqui. He doesn’t deserve a permanent place on the Board. 

Whether he does or doesn’t, PTFC trust have the majority of the shares and like in any business usually have a presence on the BOD.

On 6/28/2023 at 7:33 PM, alexander livingstone said:

He talks about potential investors,but surely they would to own a share of the club would that be allowed under the way the  club is now set up. 

There are lots of ways you could facilitate investment in a football club without diluting the voting rights of existing shareholders.

23 hours ago, sandy said:

Three points worth making here:

(a) the current Club Board is an interim club board.

(b) the individual trustees are expected to step away from their trustee roles once the corporate trustee model has properly bedded in. TJF and The Jags Trust are set to become corporate trustees very soon (wet signature is imminent)

(c) TJF has made no secret of our wishes for longer-term Club Board appointments to be made on the basis of skills appraisal and democratic representation

I should also stress that, whilst TJF had no shortage of disagreements with the trustees in the past, there is now a strong working relationship with them.

And the stronger that relationship is, the sooner we get to the end point of a PTFC Trust run solely by its fan-controlled corporate trustees. And with it a permanent, gold standard, fan ownership set-up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Is not every club board interim?

What would have to happen to make the board non-interim?

The distinction we draw is that the basis for appointments at the moment is not what we expect the arrangements to be in the longer term. The point is not about personnel but how appointments are made.

A board consisting of ad hoc appointments, about half of which were, after all, made during a period of urgency and considerable instability mid-season, is not an enduring arrangement.

One with a clear skills-based appointments mechanism and democratic fan representation, along the lines we see at other fan owned clubs, would be.

• Thanks 1

I can completely understand those who have an issue with the people who were parachuted into the PTFC Trust trustee positions before Ms Low departed. I don't think it's difficult to criticise the initial stage of their tenure.

The mood music seems to have changed radically since Ms Low left. I have no reason to doubt TJF board members when they refer publicly to a constructive working relationship having developed. 

With hindsight, I prefer to think of some of the Low-era behaviours as misguided, ham fisted, but well intentioned. Perhaps I am being naive; perhaps Sandy and GRE are right? I honestly don't know. 

What I do know is that the structural elements of this feel on a better footing, and while I don't think that proper fan ownership has been delivered yet, the road map set out at TJF's latest AGM appears to show a deliverable way forward in relatively short order.  Wind back 6 months, and I didn't honestly see a path to achieve this. 

Anyway, I suspect that much of this is largely irrelevant now. The Club (and supporter owners) won't find itself short of challenges going forward.  We don't have the luxury of a large fan base. Pulling together with a common goal and shared vision feels like the only real option.  That doesn't mean happy clapping toeing of the line, but it does mean everyone having a part and stepping up to play it as best they can.

Edited by stolenscone
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

I can completely understand those who have an issue with the people who were parachuted into the PTFC Trust trustee positions before Ms Low departed. I don't think it's difficult to criticise the initial stage of their tenure.

The mood music seems to have changed radically since Ms Low left. I have no reason to doubt TJF board members when they refer publicly to a constructive working relationship having developed. 

With hindsight, I prefer to think of some of the Low-era behaviours as misguided, ham fisted, but well intentioned. Perhaps I am being naive; perhaps Sandy and GRE are right? I honestly don't know. 

What I do know is that the structural elements of this feel on a better footing, and while I don't think that proper fan ownership has been delivered yet, the road map set out at TJF's latest AGM appears to show a deliverable way forward in relatively short order.  Wind back 6 months, and I didn't honestly see a path to achieve this. 

Anyway, I suspect that much of this is largely irrelevant now. The Club (and supporter owners) won't find itself short of challenges going forward.  We don't have the luxury of a large fan base. Pulling together with a common goal and shared vision feels like the only real option.  That doesn't mean happy clapping toeing of the line, but it does mean everyone having a part and stepping up to play it as best they can.

Decent points David, thanks. The legacy of the last Board lingers a bit, we need to have erased it 100% IMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...