Morton vs Thistle

Lenziejag

6 hours ago, elevenone said:

ah ok, thanks.  hopefully Ngwenya can slot in without too much disruption to back line then.

Would make sense for Ngwenya to play in the cup game to settle him into the position (he's come on as sub but not as full back) before the more vital league game. BTW I think a few players on the sidelines may get a start next week. Possibly Robinson, Adeloye, Williamson and Mckenzie.

1 hour ago, Mr Bunny said:

Would make sense for Ngwenya to play in the cup game to settle him into the position (he's come on as sub but not as full back) before the more vital league game. BTW I think a few players on the sidelines may get a start next week. Possibly Robinson, Adeloye, Williamson and Mckenzie.

Mackenzie is away with the under 19s. 

Neilson is away with the under 21s, which may mean a recall for Williams.

I would not be true to myself if I did not favour a start for Lyon. Would anyone like to make the case for Alston?

I'll make the case for Alston - he needs game time because by all accounts he's looked off the pace. Pointless having him in the squad if he's not fit enough to play.

Having said that I get the feeling that Dools likes continuity, so might not be that many selection changes.

:detective:  LAWLESS & GRAHAM ON THE ASCENT

● With his 45th competitive goal, Steven Lawless moves up to joint-48th in our elite competitive goals chart, overtaking Jimmy Davidson and George Wyllie.
● With his brace on the day, 58-goal Brian Graham moves up to joint-33rd in our elite competitive goals chart, overtaking Chris Erskine, Jim Melrose & Maurice Johnston in one fell swoop.
Tomi Adeloye scores his first goal for Thistle. Peachy.
Harry Milne's 77th minute dismissal leaves Aaron Muirhead as the last-man-standing in terms of 100% competitive game-time in 2023-24.
● Good to see a spread of 7 players on the goals/assists sheet. Four different players (McInroy, McMillan, Robinson & Stanway) register an assist, matching a tally last seen in the 5-0 win at Cove Rangers in April 2023.
● Thistle register their 100th competitive win over Morton, who become the 4th club to have been so defeated, following on from Clyde (126), Airdrie (112) and Killie (103).
● Thistle have registered more competitive wins at Cappielow (45) than any other away ground.
● Thistle have now failed to keep a clean-sheet in their opening 9 competitive games of the season. You need to rewind to 2003 (16) to find a longer opening run in that regard.

ongoing sequences:
● 12 competitive home games without defeat; 4th Mar 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 13 games; 19th Jan 2013 to 27th Aug 2013. Club-record: 24 games; 5th May 2001 to 17th Aug 2002.)
● 37 consecutive competitive appearances for Aidan Fitzpatrick, 3rd Dec 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Jack McMillan - 52 games, 9th Jul 2022 to 4th Jun 2023. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Just watched the highlights and it looked like we dominated the second half.

The first goal was typical Lawless; all craft, and composure.

Graham's two were quick reaction and instinctive.goals.  Doesn't he just love to celebrate a goal!!

Adeloye's goal was good to in f  He held off the defender, turned him and then finished off the move very well.

Two things I liked about the goal was his mobility and composure.

I think  Dowds has promise but I think he seems to lack the mobility Graham has. It's difficult to see  how Dowds can get into the team now that we have Adeloye.

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Just watched the highlights and it looked like we dominated the second half.

The first goal was typical Lawless; all craft, and composure.

Graham's two were quick reaction and instinctive.goals.  Doesn't he just love to celebrate a goal!!

Adeloye's goal was good to in f  He held off the defender, turned him and then finished off the move very well.

Two things I liked about the goal was his mobility and composure.

I think  Dowds has promise but I think he seems to lack the mobility Graham has. It's difficult to see  how Dowds can get into the team now that we have Adeloye.

We couldn’t get rid of him in the window unfortunately.