PTFC Trust sack Chairman …..

javeajag

email from PTFC trust……it’s great in a fan owned club you have no idea what is happening or why..

In recent weeks the PTFC Trust Trustees have sought to resolve a dispute involving the club’s directors. Regrettably, it has become clear that this dispute cannot be resolved by agreement.

As the representatives of the majority shareholder, the trustees have an obligation to the fans to ensure that the Club has a fully functioning and united leadership group acting in its best interests. With considerable reluctance the PTFC Trust has therefore exercised the rights of the majority shareholder to remove Alistair Creevy as a director of the football club.

The PTFC Trust trustees would like to thank Alistair on behalf of all fans for his contribution to the club in recent times as Chair, not least his temporary financial contribution enabling the club to compete through to the end of last season.

Just because we are a fan owned club this does not mean that we should be told every decision or details behind it. We elect representatives to sit on the board and we have to trust them to make the correct decisions. Occasionally things will need to be confidential.Thats the way all businesses run.

I'm not making any judgement on this event just stating what I've said above.

• Like 4

Just now, scotty said:

Just because we are a fan owned club this does not mean that we should be told every decision or details behind it. We elect representatives to sit on the board and we have to trust them to make the correct decisions. Occasionally things will need to be confidential.Thats the way all businesses run.

Except we didn’t elect the original PTFC Trust members

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scotty said:

There is quite a gap between being  told everything (your aunt sally ) and being told  basically ‘we got rid of the chairman and that’s all your being told ‘.

you might also want to think a fan owned club might not just be another business .

49 minutes ago, javeajag said:

There is quite a gap between being  told everything (your aunt sally ) and being told  basically ‘we got rid of the chairman and that’s all your being told ‘.

you might also want to think a fan owned club might not just be another business .

It could well be that it is a commercially sensitive matter which cannot be divulged.

7 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You want to know what the dispute was ?

Again maybe ….i would like to understand why the chairman was sacked which I don’t think is unreasonable

We could said for example …..

‘there was a disagreement over stategy, or an appointment or finances ‘ 

the statement today could have been put out by any previous thistle board and lots of people would be critical. Being fan owned isn’t a free pass for poor management or communication.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

At the end of the day, does it make any difference whether we know the story behind this or not ? Is the average fan going to behave any differently ?

So the rumours on this have been circulating for some time and it’s just not good enough to leave it hanging. Poor stuff.

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

At the end of the day, does it make any difference whether we know the story behind this or not ? Is the average fan going to behave any differently ?

All us supporters have a relationship with the club.  You'd like to think that it's been positively changed by active fan ownership.

While that doesn't mean we should influence or materially affect the day-to-day running of the club, it does mean that stability in the management of the club is important to us, and does in some way impact us.

The previous management regime felt opaque and distant.  The worst aspect of this is just the feeling of that continuing.

9 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The club now have a new investor. David McLymont and others to the tune of £5000,000 . Good news.

As a result of this PTFC Trust holding is diluted from 75% to 67%.

And you should add in:

get seats on the board

get a veto on certain decisions

get their money back first 

9 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The club now have a new investor. David McLymont and others to the tune of £5000,000 . Good news.

As a result of this PTFC Trust holding is diluted from 75% to 67%.

Please clarify - 5 thousand or 5 million?

Just now, MarciaBlaine said:

The decision to announce both things separately with a gap in-between is a bit of an odd one.

Appreciate the sentiment in the TJF email to members that they'd have wanted to consult with fans ideally, but the immediate crisis with reduced cash reserves meant there was no time.

There is always an excuse though isn’t there and it sets the precedent and tone.

they could have consulted their members on the principle without naming the individuals involved but choose not to.