PTFC Trust sack Chairman …..

javeajag

3 hours ago, Big Col said:

And to think that those of us who warned about going down the road of fan ownership were openly mocked. 

If you think this shows that fan ownership can be a bad thing, then surely you concede that, for example Ken Bates, near oblivion in 1996, and other near misses (2008) show that private/business ownership can be a bad thing

Looks like I'll be holding off signing up to the TJF for the time being. Just when we thought we'd turned a corner with the happy clappy media output and intro videos. Complete and utter embarrassing funking shambles. 

Based on nothing other than this thread and know nothing about the guy but looks like a wee cleak/ptfc cabal has ousted a guy that wanted the best for the club. 

Are we definitely sure Jacqui Low has left the club?

Anyone know how much a Maryhill Juniors ST is?

from TJF today…….

You will have seen yesterday’s statements from the PTFC Trust and the Football Club concerning the removal of Alistair Creevy as a Director of the Club.

This has been a difficult episode for all involved, and I wanted to explain both what TJF’s role was in this process, and to put in context why this decision was arrived at.

Corporate trusteeship

TJF is one of four trustees of the PTFC Trust (the majority shareholder of the Football Club). This means we are jointly responsible for exercising the powers and responsibilities of fan ownership.

The powers of the majority shareholder include a power to appoint and remove directors of the Football Club. These decisions have to be taken exercising our best judgment as to what is in the best interests of the Football Club.

This includes ensuring that it has an effective and united leadership group, which can work together with one another constructively in the long term. This is particularly important in the early stages of the fan ownership journey.

The dispute

We, the TJF Board, in our capacity as a trustee, were alerted to a dispute between Mr Creevy and the other Directors of the Football Club. For legal reasons we are not in a position, as a trustee of the PTFC Trust, to set out what those are. That is ultimately a matter between the Club Board and Alistair Creevy.

TJF, and the other trustees, only exercised the power of removal as a last resort, following several weeks of attempting to facilitate a solution to the dispute.

What TJF did

Prior to this decision, TJF:

• Firstly took legal advice on the core of the dispute itself

• Thereafter, ensured that Alistair Creevy’s perspective was heard, both through direct correspondence and at a meeting with the PTFC Trust trustees

• Took into account representations made by the Football Club’s other directors

• Took into account further representations made by Alistair Creevy and his solicitors

• Repeatedly encouraged pragmatic ways by which the dispute could be resolved

• Took further legal advice on several occasions during the process

Why the decision was taken

It became clear to us, in recent days, that an agreed solution was not possible. There was no credible prospect of Alistair continuing to work with the remaining Club Directors. Our number one priority is to cause minimum disruption to the Club’s senior leadership group. Whatever the reasons that they could no longer work together, the fact is that they could not.

Given the legal advice received, and the matters we have been able to investigate, your TJF Board voted unanimously for our single trustee vote to be exercised to remove Alistair Creevy under article 22.1.2. There is nothing novel about this power, which has been exercised in the recent past by a majority of the shareholders to remove other Directors.

This was not a matter we, as TJF, wished to become involved in. Nor was it one that we relish having been involved in. However, fan ownership sometimes involves difficult decisions like these. We have taken this one in what we believe to be the best interests of the Football Club.

As the trustees made clear yesterday, we remain grateful for the temporary financial support provided by Alistair, alleviating the Club’s cashflow problems towards the end of last season. The Chair-to-Chair relationship between Alistair and myself has always been mutually respectful and productive. Therefore, much effort has been put in to try to find a way through. It is personally disappointing that a resolution could not be found.

For the avoidance of doubt, the dispute and the decision taken in relation to Alistair Creevy had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the investment process or outcome.

As we indicated yesterday, we always welcome challenge and feedback from our members. If you want to get in touch about this, or anything else, please email [email protected].

We hope to say more in the coming days about the investment process and why it was that the fans were not, on this occasion, consulted. Please bear with us on this. The last few weeks have taken a significant toll on me and my fellow TJF directors, both in terms of having to engage with Alistair Creevy and others in relation to the boardroom dispute and in seeking to protect vital fans’ interests in the investment process.

Thank you again for your support of the Foundation.

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

from TJF today…….

You will have seen yesterday’s statements from the PTFC Trust and the Football Club concerning the removal of Alistair Creevy as a Director of the Club.

This has been a difficult episode for all involved, and I wanted to explain both what TJF’s role was in this process, and to put in context why this decision was arrived at.

Corporate trusteeship

TJF is one of four trustees of the PTFC Trust (the majority shareholder of the Football Club). This means we are jointly responsible for exercising the powers and responsibilities of fan ownership.

The powers of the majority shareholder include a power to appoint and remove directors of the Football Club. These decisions have to be taken exercising our best judgment as to what is in the best interests of the Football Club.

This includes ensuring that it has an effective and united leadership group, which can work together with one another constructively in the long term. This is particularly important in the early stages of the fan ownership journey.

The dispute

We, the TJF Board, in our capacity as a trustee, were alerted to a dispute between Mr Creevy and the other Directors of the Football Club. For legal reasons we are not in a position, as a trustee of the PTFC Trust, to set out what those are. That is ultimately a matter between the Club Board and Alistair Creevy.

TJF, and the other trustees, only exercised the power of removal as a last resort, following several weeks of attempting to facilitate a solution to the dispute.

What TJF did

Prior to this decision, TJF:

• Firstly took legal advice on the core of the dispute itself

• Thereafter, ensured that Alistair Creevy’s perspective was heard, both through direct correspondence and at a meeting with the PTFC Trust trustees

• Took into account representations made by the Football Club’s other directors

• Took into account further representations made by Alistair Creevy and his solicitors

• Repeatedly encouraged pragmatic ways by which the dispute could be resolved

• Took further legal advice on several occasions during the process

Why the decision was taken

It became clear to us, in recent days, that an agreed solution was not possible. There was no credible prospect of Alistair continuing to work with the remaining Club Directors. Our number one priority is to cause minimum disruption to the Club’s senior leadership group. Whatever the reasons that they could no longer work together, the fact is that they could not.

Given the legal advice received, and the matters we have been able to investigate, your TJF Board voted unanimously for our single trustee vote to be exercised to remove Alistair Creevy under article 22.1.2. There is nothing novel about this power, which has been exercised in the recent past by a majority of the shareholders to remove other Directors.

This was not a matter we, as TJF, wished to become involved in. Nor was it one that we relish having been involved in. However, fan ownership sometimes involves difficult decisions like these. We have taken this one in what we believe to be the best interests of the Football Club.

As the trustees made clear yesterday, we remain grateful for the temporary financial support provided by Alistair, alleviating the Club’s cashflow problems towards the end of last season. The Chair-to-Chair relationship between Alistair and myself has always been mutually respectful and productive. Therefore, much effort has been put in to try to find a way through. It is personally disappointing that a resolution could not be found.

For the avoidance of doubt, the dispute and the decision taken in relation to Alistair Creevy had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the investment process or outcome.

As we indicated yesterday, we always welcome challenge and feedback from our members. If you want to get in touch about this, or anything else, please email [email protected].

We hope to say more in the coming days about the investment process and why it was that the fans were not, on this occasion, consulted. Please bear with us on this. The last few weeks have taken a significant toll on me and my fellow TJF directors, both in terms of having to engage with Alistair Creevy and others in relation to the boardroom dispute and in seeking to protect vital fans’ interests in the investment process.

Thank you again for your support of the Foundation.

Maybe that answers a few things for you?

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Maybe that answers a few things for you?

Not really…..my main point is the lack of fan involvement in strategic decisions affecting the club ……we have given three guys a veto over key decisions in the club so some fans are more equal than others 

and why was the chairman sacked exactly ?

8 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Looks like I'll be holding off signing up to the TJF for the time being. Just when we thought we'd turned a corner with the happy clappy media output and intro videos. Complete and utter embarrassing funking shambles. 

Based on nothing other than this thread and know nothing about the guy but looks like a wee cleak/ptfc cabal has ousted a guy that wanted the best for the club. 

Are we definitely sure Jacqui Low has left the club?

Anyone know how much a Maryhill Juniors ST is?

Whatever happened was between the board members and the TJF were acting essentially as intermediaries ( read their statement ). I think you have made multiple statements about " holding off from TJF"....each one unsurprising. 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Great …..so explain to me why the chairman was sacked ?

"We, the TJF Board, in our capacity as a trustee, were alerted to a dispute between Mr Creevy and the other Directors of the Football Club. For legal reasons we are not in a position, as a trustee of the PTFC Trust, to set out what those are. That is ultimately a matter between the Club Board and Alistair Creevy."

"It became clear to us, in recent days, that an agreed solution was not possible. There was no credible prospect of Alistair continuing to work with the remaining Club Directors. Our number one priority is to cause minimum disruption to the Club’s senior leadership group. Whatever the reasons that they could no longer work together, the fact is that they could not."

"For the avoidance of doubt, the dispute and the decision taken in relation to Alistair Creevy had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the investment process or outcome."

I think this highlights the fact that as "fan owners" we have three bodies representing us. Each of them have different approaches to communicationg with the people they purport to represent. I don't know how long this situation can continue without it causing more serious rifts amongst the fan-base. I do know which approach, and grouping, I prefer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

"We, the TJF Board, in our capacity as a trustee, were alerted to a dispute between Mr Creevy and the other Directors of the Football Club. For legal reasons we are not in a position, as a trustee of the PTFC Trust, to set out what those are. That is ultimately a matter between the Club Board and Alistair Creevy."

"It became clear to us, in recent days, that an agreed solution was not possible. There was no credible prospect of Alistair continuing to work with the remaining Club Directors. Our number one priority is to cause minimum disruption to the Club’s senior leadership group. Whatever the reasons that they could no longer work together, the fact is that they could not."

"For the avoidance of doubt, the dispute and the decision taken in relation to Alistair Creevy had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the investment process or outcome."

Yes I read that funnily enough ….that doesn’t me much except the club is addicted to non disclosure agreements and legalities which handily prevent the ultimate owners either knowing very much or being involved in actual decision making.

if the dispute was let’s over accepting a cash injection in return for a veto on certain decisions that could put a different perspective on things.

what was the dispute about ?

8 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

It's a legal issue at the moment with more to come. We all have to wait....

Aren’t you a little curious as to why everything to do with the club is always apparently tied up in legal issues so no one knows anything ( except those who do and that’s not you or me …..)

I'm not going to comment on the substance of the last 24 hours just now, for the obvious legal reasons.

But I will say this.

The last few weeks have been ******* exhausting. No more so than for the TJF Chair Sandy Fyfe. He has acted with complete integrity throughout on both the boardroom dispute and the, completely unrelated, investment process.

Thistle fans will not find a better representative for their interests.

At TJF we have always tried to build trust with our fellow fans, and set out to be as transparent with you as is possible. If what we say doesn't give you all the information you want, we'd hope you understand that there will be good reasons that information is not being disclosed. Fan ownership doesn't allow us simply to disregard legal and commercial frameworks within which all football clubs operate.

And, unlike anyone else in this process, if you think we, the TJF board, have got it wrong, you can of course remove or replace us as your elected representatives. As a members' organisation, you ultimately hold the power over us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

if the dispute was let’s over accepting a cash injection in return for a veto on certain decisions that could put a different perspective on things.

I'm really not sure what's difficult to understand about the sentence:

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

what was the dispute about ?

"For legal reasons we are not in a position, as a trustee of the PTFC Trust, to set out what those are. That is ultimately a matter between the Club Board and Alistair Creevy."

10 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I'm not going to comment on the substance of the last 24 hours just now, for the obvious legal reasons.

But I will say this.

The last few weeks have been ******* exhausting. No more so than for the TJF Chair Sandy Fyfe. He has acted with complete integrity throughout on both the boardroom dispute and the, completely unrelated, investment process.

Thistle fans will not find a better representative for their interests.

At TJF we have always tried to build trust with our fellow fans, and set out to be as transparent with you as is possible. If what we say doesn't give you all the information you want, we'd hope you understand that there will be good reasons that information is not being disclosed. Fan ownership doesn't allow us simply to disregard legal and commercial frameworks within which all football clubs operate.

And, unlike anyone else in this process, if you think we, the TJF board, have got it wrong, you can of course remove or replace us as your elected representatives. As a members' organisation, you ultimately hold the power over us.

That’s nice ……but doesn’t explain why you thought it appropriate to accept the conditions of an investment which means three individuals have more power over decision making that the 1600 members of TJF without consulting the fans base. Which is in direct contradiction of how TJF said it would work.

in your reply please don’t mention legal or time …..

10 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

"For legal reasons we are not in a position, as a trustee of the PTFC Trust, to set out what those are. That is ultimately a matter between the Club Board and Alistair Creevy."

Why was the chairman sacked ? We can’t tell you.

what a wonderful situation for a fan owned club.

13 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Aren’t you a little curious as to why everything to do with the club is always apparently tied up in legal issues so no one knows anything ( except those who do and that’s not you or me …..)

We get to know more than enough. If you really want to know everything ( you have been down this rabbit hole before) get yourself on the board/TJF board member and live that reality. And perhaps think about what our TJF reps have had to deal with. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

We get to know more than enough. If you really want to know everything ( you have been down this rabbit hole before) get yourself on the board/TJF board member and live that reality. And perhaps think about what our TJF reps have had to deal with. 

It’s always the same reply …. You want to know everything ….No I don’t I would simply like to know why the chairman was sacked which I get is really really weird for football fan.

i will never be on any board in connection with the club particularly as I would never sign a non disclosure agreement 

15 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

100%

I welcome the investment and the communication TJF

I do have concerns however regarding lack of consultation on this. We are told that this couldn't be done as "initial investment has needed to be done at pace, because of the well trailed cashflow challenges faced by the Club"

Can TJF provide clarity on when this investment opportunity was brought to their intention and also what near term cashflow challenges we faced that wouldn't have allowed for any consultation.