January Transfer Window

JAG1970

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Not necessarily on a monthly basis it’s not.

Guaranteed a job for 17 months vs a job for 5 months

That’s apparently what swung it

Duh ….. so explain why the club you and others speculated are rolling  in money didn’t  offer him a 12 or 18 month deal ? They wanted to keep him and 5 clubs were apparently after him after all .

you can’t have it both ways or else we are to believe we gave no money but can sign players from our rivals who have lots of cash.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Duh ….. so explain why the club you and others speculated are rolling  in money didn’t  offer him a 12 or 18 month deal ? They wanted to keep him and 5 clubs were apparently after him after all .

you can’t have it both ways or else we are to believe we gave no money but can sign players from our rivals who have lots of cash.

They think he might be good enough to get them promoted, but not good enough if they are. Doolan on the other hand does think he is good enough if we get promoted. 

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

They think he might be good enough to get them promoted, but not good enough if they are. Doolan on the other hand does think he is good enough if we get promoted. 

Or Raith suspect he isn't quite good enough for the top flight, and are a lot more confident of getting promoted than we are.

11 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Excuse number 352

poor club sign player rich club wanted but didn’t think was good enough

Hilarious 

10 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

Or Raith suspect he isn't quite good enough for the top flight, and are a lot more confident of getting promoted than we are.

So if I understand you correctly you believe we have given an 18 month  contract to a player who isn’t good enough for the premiership you speculate that’s raiths view with no evidence  (although Doolan thinks he is )  because what we don’t think we will get promoted or we will get rid of him if we get promoted or Doolan a poor judge of a player 

37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So if I understand you correctly you believe we have given an 18 month  contract to a player who isn’t good enough for the premiership you speculate that’s raiths view with no evidence  (although Doolan thinks he is )  because what we don’t think we will get promoted or we will get rid of him if we get promoted or Doolan a poor judge of a player 

I had a reply typed out for this, but then I remembered I'll first need to post you the receipt for my laptop and the title deeds for the house I typed it in.

Sent them recorded post so they should arrive at the Meldrew household first thing tomorrow.

• Like 1

I see on pie and bovril that some Raith fans are speculating about signing Tiffoney or Turner

Some favour the former others the latter!

I wonder if either player would want to sign for a championship club albeit one of the top two.

With regard to O'Reilly the majority of Raith fans consider him a player who did well for the Club. He was though considered to be a bog standard championship CH who wasn't up to SPL standard - hence the contract offer to the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

I had a reply typed out for this, but then I remembered I'll first need to post you the receipt for my laptop and the title deeds for the house I typed it in.

Sent them recorded post so they should arrive at the Meldrew household first thing tomorrow.

Nah your just talking mince 

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

As said above (Dick Dastardly) Turner is not what ee need just now.

However he had better not score against us or I will put a curse on him.

Given he is better than any midfielder we have- he is what we needed.

I understand it’s only a loan though so hopefully their money bags run out before then

Turner is much better going forward than in defence. Our problem is not in attack. We already score enough, at a sufficiently fast rate, to win this league. It’s conceding that’s the problem, in my opinion largely because we lose control in midfield for long periods (I think our core defending isn’t that bad, and we have now added a new CD who should be an upgrade on Aero). I don’t think Turner would address this. Maybe McBeth might, though it’s a big ask considering the level he’s been playing at. If not, we still desperately need more steel in midfield.

1 minute ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Turner is much better going forward than in defence. Our problem is not in attack. We already score enough, at a sufficiently fast rate, to win this league. It’s conceding that’s the problem, in my opinion largely because we lose control in midfield for long periods (I think our core defending isn’t that bad, and we have now added a new CD who should be an upgrade on Aero). I don’t think Turner would address this. Maybe McBeth might, though it’s a big ask considering the level he’s been playing at. If not, we still desperately need more steel in midfield.

Hopefully we can sign Byrne which would definitely help address that problem 

40 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He s far better than all the current midfielders we have

I won’t deny that, but he is an attacking midfielder and we don’t have a problem scoring or creating. The problem is at the other end where we need a right dirty *******, which Kyle isn’t.

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I won’t deny that, but he is an attacking midfielder and we don’t have a problem scoring or creating. The problem is at the other end where we need a right dirty *******, which Kyle isn’t.

We do have a problem scoring against Dundee United.

it’s only a loan to Raith and several of our midfield are out of contract in the summer so maybe if he’s available in the summer we can enquire 

25 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Yep correct