Inverness away

Lenziejag

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

I agree with your views about the size of the leagues and the timing and the ability of the 3rd or 4th place club when it comes to planning and signing players for the following season.

As far as your other comments are concerned we remain apart.

The 36 v 38 game comparison just doest register with me. By completion of the play- off games Ross County would have played 40 games, the Jags 42.

I don't see any detriment to the SPL club in the number of games played. In fact there is a  definite advantage for the SPL club especially when the timescale over which the play-off games are played Is taken into account.

I would find the system a bit fairer and therefore more acceptable if the play-off final games were played a week apart rather than 2 or 3 days. This should give the Championship team enough recovery time to complete for 90 mins and not 70 mins. We also have to consider if the SPL Club in 11th place is worthy of retaining their place in the SPL in addition to whether  or not the Championship Club is worthy! I have no doubt the Jags team that played Ross County was more than worthy of SPL membership as we outplayed RC for 160 minutes of the final until fatigue and the referee intervened.

I agree with the Brechin Chairman who has stated the Pyramid System is past its sell by date in its current form and that for Non-League Clubs, League 2 should be more accessible. This would I  suspect mean reconstruction all the way through to the SPL. Try getting clubs like St Mirren and Ross County to vote for this!  

If the 2nd placed team wins through to the final, as expected, the number of games played by the championship team and the premiership team would be the same. I don’t think it is unfair that the 3rd/4th placed team have to play extra games to get to the final. 

15 hours ago, exiledjag said:

There is no doubt finishing second is financially significanly more beneficial that finishing 3rd or 4th.

The benefits of  playing 4 play-off games though instead of 6 should  not be underestimated. I did not detect any signs of fatigue in the 4 games we played beating Queens Part and Ayr. I did detect fatigue in the second half of the 5th game against Ross County at Firhill.  I believe this is why we failed to build on our HT lead..

Had we finished second instead of 4th then I believe we would have won the play-off final  by virtue of being required to play only 4 games and been promoted to the SPL ( inspite of the referee's performance).

We weren't beaten by Ross County we were beaten by a play-off system which is fundamentally unfair, lacks football integrity and is stacked in favour  of the SPL club which finishes 11th.

We could not take advantage of playing less games when we lost out to Livingston who finished 3rd.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

We could not take advantage of playing less games when we lost out to Livingston who finished 3rd.

That was because Livinston were an exceptional Championship team but more to the point we were crap. If I recall accurately we also had some  players who appeared to have given up and who didn't seem to care, such as Osman.

Against RC we had a very good team, playing great football and had the right attitude - no comparison to the Osman team.

16 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

That was because Livinston were an exceptional Championship team but more to the point we were crap. If I recall accurately we also had some  players who appeared to have given up and who didn't seem to care, such as Osman.

Against RC we had a very good team, playing great football and had the right attitude - no comparison to the Osman team.

I was not comparing teams, but that the advantage that the premier league team has does not always work out.