Raith rovers game bring friend for £10

2 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

They were doubling up on Fitz constantly.. why not switch him flank try and get him into the game ? Surely I’m not the only the person who thought that was a good idea?

That’s it, you’re in the dugout next game pep.

1 minute ago, johnkebab71 said:

That’s it, you’re in the dugout next game pep.

Calm down son.. our best players being marked out the game and you don’t even try and move him to get him involved. Doesn’t take Pep to ******* see he was having no joy there. 

Piss poor. They weren't great but still had probably the best 2 chances off the game. Agree Doolan had to try something and get Aiden into the game. 

And have we stopped spending money on the pitch. Worst its been since warriors shared with us.

• Thanks 1

RAITH had us sussed, doubled up on Fitzy and stopped our wing play and ended our threat till we went 3-5-2.

The goal a mistake by Neilson losing his man, their only other 2 attempts were 2 goalkeeper errors, coming out then stopping and getting left in no man’s land, and the poor kick out from a poor back pass.

We could have sneaked a point at the end but it would only have papered over cracks.

2 center half’s out

no decent keeper with 1 injured, with 1 just returned from injury 

Back up striker injured

I honestly think he needs to start getting Stanway and MacKenzie and Diack more into the team, as currently it’s stale and lack of competition isn’t helping.

Our form isn’t only abysmal it’s worrying as we may not only be 1 point from falling out the playoffs after Saturday but could also be only 8 points away from falling into the wrong playoff if results go wrong.

• Like 1

Only 4 clean sheets in 28 league games. Not won a league game or had a clean sheet since 6th January against an heavily depleted Arbroath team. 5 points from the last 24 available.

Our form since January has been relegation material. For any other manager of any other club the manager would either be gone or facing serious questions about his future. Personally I would have thought if we don't win any of the next 2 the club needs to act.

We face Morton next and they are on a bit of a slump with Oakley and Wilson out followed by an ICT team that are currently 2nd bottom so no real excuses for not getting results.

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

RAITH had us sussed, doubled up on Fitzy and stopped our wing play and ended our threat till we went 3-5-2.

The goal a mistake by Neilson losing his man, their only other 2 attempts were 2 goalkeeper errors, coming out then stopping and getting left in no man’s land, and the poor kick out from a poor back pass.

We could have sneaked a point at the end but it would only have papered over cracks.

2 center half’s out

no decent keeper with 1 injured, with 1 just returned from injury 

Back up striker injured

I honestly think he needs to start getting Stanway and MacKenzie and Diack more into the team, as currently it’s stale and lack of competition isn’t helping.

Our form isn’t only abysmal it’s worrying as we may not only be 1 point from falling out the playoffs after Saturday but could also be only 8 points away from falling into the wrong playoff if results go wrong.

Baffles me that McKenzie doesn’t get more game time…especially in last 15 mins. Usually always makes a good impact. Doolan just doesn’t fancy him. 

3 minutes ago, johnkebab71 said:

Baffles me that McKenzie doesn’t get more game time…especially in last 15 mins. Usually always makes a good impact. Doolan just doesn’t fancy him. 

Would have stanway, mackenzie, lyon ahead of robinson, mcinroy , bannigan etc. Any day of the week

We lose an average of 1.7 goals each game , we can’t keep a clean sheet, we can defend cross balls and our goal keepers are all poor.

i have no idea what we do all week but whatever it is it isn’t working.

no win in eight says it all

• Sad 1

We play butter-fingered goalkeepers, but that can't be changed just now - although there have to be questions about their legacy coaching.

Our centre backs are soft - one limited older player who can dominate in the air and a young loanee whose main asset is a good touch on the ball. Little understanding off the ball, and no tackling. Soft standins, where we actually need dominant hard men.

Then we play "full-backs" who are not fast enough but still insist on overlapping in case they can cover themselves in glory as ersatz wingers. They are one-footed - an invitation to any attacker to cut in and land in the danger area - and seem to look on defending as a sideline, judging by their woeful record at stopping crosses. These are the players that need to make up for the shortcomings of the centre backs, but they don't dominate, they don't defend well and they don't tackle.

All in all, the defence is hopeless. Does it not occur to former professional footballers that a team without a functioning defence hasn't been top of any league anywhere since Hitler was defeated?

We started ok, spent most of the game in their half before missing some decent chances.

First set piece to defend and we concede. So predictable and tiring to watch.

Raith didn’t offer much at all but didn’t need to, we had no idea how to break them down. Fitzpatrick may have been double marked but he showed absolutely zero appetite to try and work out a way round it. He’s got all the talent but sadly not the attitude to match. 

We just played in front of Raith, Lawless was nullified and McMillan is out of form. 

Our form is dreadful and Doolan needs to find a solution and quickly. Tonight was worrying, the players looked out of ideas and effort. A really poor crowd as well

6 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

We weren’t the worst I’ve seen us recently, but totally one dimensional. 
Raith defended well, but didn’t look much of a threat. 
McMillan has totally lost it recently & Raith totally smothered Fitzpatrick, to their credit. 
Only thing worse than the loss was Turner’s hairdo. 

Million percent agree they made sure Fitzpatrick couldn’t get any joy at all .. but surely you switch lawless and Fitzpatrick no? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Just back from that. 

As if it wasn't before tonight- season defo over. 

Toothless display, yet again. 

Season is definitely not over- are you aware we are only 8 points from second bottom? We could very much be looking at sliding into the wrong playoffs 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

banzo did more when he come on than McInroy did the whole game.  

Banzo passed sideways once and then made a near suicidal pass another time.  I do agree though was not worse though than the completely ineffective McInroy.

Some fans were desperate to get Ker signed on a pre contract- I hope we don’t go near him it’s bad enough we still have for the reminder of the season 

1 hour ago, banderas said:

why is every move 1 step forward and 2 backwards and the pass is always played behind the intended player , it always seems to prevent continuous forward movement . 

It's absolutely abominable. Every single time, the opposition has all the time in the world to get their defence ready to block the inevitable over- or under-hit final pass forward after our series of totally pointless sideways or backward passes. And don't mention the frequent, aimless punts.....!

Teams long ago sussed out Lawless: just get two on him so that he can't cut inside, and he doesn't have the pace to outrun the younger guys on the outside any more. Well, he managed it once near the very end, and we almost scored from that. Both Lawless and Fitzpatrick contribute to the negative play by actually running backwards and waiting motionless on the wing to receive a mostly sideways past. Force them to do that and any threat we pose is largely nullified, because the defenders can prepare.

I'm a tactical numpty, but if even I can see that, then other teams do.

Edited by Jaggernaut