Brian Graham

jaggy

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Chris Erskine made the shortlist in 2012-13, which also featured Lyle Taylor, Michael Tidser and Stefan Scougall.

Lyle Taylor won.

Thank you. The other 3 I remember, but who did Stefan Scougall play for? Was it Livi? I cannot recall him or them making much impression that season.

33 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Thank you. The other 3 I remember, but who did Stefan Scougall play for? Was it Livi? I cannot recall him or them making much impression that season.

Yep attacking midfielder for Livi. Won’t have made much of an impression on most Thistle fans on account of us taking 10 points from the four games we played them, including a 6-1 thumping at Firhill.

After a couple of spells in England and with St Johnstone, now plying his trade with Alloa.

Another well deserved award for Brian Graham. Also well done to Ben. I think he has done very well this season and will be an important player in the coming years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Another well deserved award for Brian Graham. Also well done to Ben. I think he has done very well this season and will be an important player in the coming years.

Neilson was the reaL young player of the year, played most games. 

I guess he never got enough votes as he’s on loan

17 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Neilson was the reaL young player of the year, played most games. 

I guess he never got enough votes as he’s on loan

Playing the most games doesn't get you any awards apart from more appearance money.

Ben got more votes than Denis. That's how votes work.

Could be a grson of truth to the loan theory right enough.

Maybe more does to his growing pains in the centre of defence before settl8ng into being a defensive midfielder. I feel Neilson will go onto bigger and better things in the future.

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Playing the most games doesn't get you any awards apart from more appearance money.

Ben got more votes than Denis. That's how votes work.

Could be a grson of truth to the loan theory right enough.

Maybe more does to his growing pains in the centre of defence before settl8ng into being a defensive midfielder. I feel Neilson will go onto bigger and better things in the future.

Bigger and better things than Thistle, is that possible? :whistling:

Neilson has been one of our better loan signings in recent memory.

However, I think that there were good reasons for voting for Stanway.

Lewis had already played a good number of games for Hearts in the Premier League, whereas for Ben this has been a true breakthrough season, raising his game to a level never reached before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

"Well done!" to BBG for this too:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24310446.brian-graham-slams-joey-barton-calls-action-online-abuse/

Sorry, not the full article, as I long ago gave up subscribing to the travesty that remains of what was once a high-quality newspaper.

Very good article, and I seemed to get all of it, even though I am not a Herald subscriber either!