The Document Sent To Sfl Clubs

Fawlty Towers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things

1. Gate receipt uplift in Division 1

Bullsh*t. Fan boycotts will ensure gates will go down.

2. •Deals with the need for sporting integrity with regard to Newco

Explain to me how? They cheat for 10 years, go bust reform, spend a season in 1st division then jump back up.

3. Allows fans to engage in the bigger picture

Engage with us now - we don't want NEWCO - simple!

4. A positive media outcome

Yeah - cheat for 10 years, don't pay taxes and yeah its ok - real positive image of scotland and football

5.Takes approximately £16 million out of the game

Who cares? Sporting intergriity over money!

When will they listen to fans?

When will they realise we are not cheap - we wont be bought over with hopes and promises of more money - Sevco can die or they can go to SFL 3 how hard is it to understand?

SPL don't want them - neither do 1st divison fans!

I feel disgusted that this is even been considered!

Edited by little_miss_jag

A few things

Explain to me how? They cheat for 10 years, go bust reform, spend a season in 1st division then jump back up.

Yeah - cheat for 10 years, don't pay taxes and yeah its ok - real positive image of scotland and football

When will they realise we are not cheap - we wont be bought over with hopes and promises of more money - Sevco can die or they can go to SFL 3 how hard is it to understand?

Totally agree

Peter Lawwell is almost certainly the chief in command of this. However I suspect his main minions are coming from these clubs:

Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Inverness, Dundee Utd and dare I say it, the supposedly financially secure St. Mirren.

Stewart Milne has already said he isn't in favour. I strongly suspect Romanov not to be. No major reason for Hibs to be supporting this either.

No idea about St. Johnstone and Ross County.

Edited by MWM

A few things

Summed up clearly and concisely :thumbsup2:

Peter Lawwell is almost certainly the chief in command of this. However I suspect his main minions are coming from these clubs:

Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Inverness, Dundee Utd and dare I say it, the supposedly financially secure St. Mirren.

Stewart Milne has already said he isn't in favour. I strongly suspect Romanov not to be. No major reason for Hibs to be supporting this either.

No idea about St. Johnstone and Ross County.

Hibs will be in it with Petrie.

You just know that document was put together in 10 minutes. Bullets points with no explanations? Are we all (or all the chairmen) supposed to just believe this crap? Who loses £16m if they are in SFL3? I dont think any SFL clubs have seen or would see any of the money they talk about anyway. Stinking, rotten and disgraceful.

You just know that document was put together in 10 minutes. Bullets points with no explanations? Are we all (or all the chairmen) supposed to just believe this crap? Who loses £16m if they are in SFL3? I dont think any SFL clubs have seen or would see any of the money they talk about anyway. Stinking, rotten and disgraceful.

Why on earth if it was sent out to clubs was it in the form of a presentation? Surely you'd put it in a letter or essay format, enabling you to expand upon particular points rather than bold unsupported statements. Maybe it is because they're making bold unsupported statements with no basis in fact, and with these statements they can try to scare club chairmen.

Why on earth if it was sent out to clubs was it in the form of a presentation? Surely you'd put it in a letter or essay format, enabling you to expand upon particular points rather than bold unsupported statements. Maybe it is because they're making bold unsupported statements with no basis in fact, and with these statements they can try to scare club chairmen.

You have to assume they're just sending round the powerpoint presentation they'll use on Tuesday. A reflection of it being rushed. And amateur.

Exactly what I meant, and as proof that it was a rush job and potentially inaccurate, see the key at the bottom of the graph, SPL League Cup revenue. I thought the League Cup was an SFL competition, maybe just a typo...maybe just bullshit.

This £16m - you make a good point - plus it isn't true, Sky have said they may renegotiate but there will still be a TV deal; the Gers fans don't go to away games in the same big numbers any more, so it will be a lot less than that as most of what's left was split between the OF.

I think this effort is likely to make supporters even madder than they were before if that was possible.

Oh, and considering the state the Blueco are in and the problems they face, to be trying to force a club onto the league that might very well fall apart half-way through the season is an added and possibly worse disgrace.

EDIT: as I said in another thread, I wonder how many are actually involved in this. It seems to me a very small clique of guys from the S(F/L/P)L are behind this with no sure support - they're just trying to drum it up by crreating a panic.

Edited by Mr Bunny

"• And seen in the context of a wider strategic plan"

A Wider. Strategic. Plan.

Is that the one where Celtic and Rangers depart our diddy game for the glorious golden pastures of an EPL/European League/North Atlantic League?

Or is it just the one where the money bird lays eggs under pillow of every chairman?

Let them show us - the fans, the people that actually fecking matter - a strategic plan that doesn't look like it was written down on the back of a beermat.

brilliant post

The sickening thing is that the money they are scrambling for is hardly worth it. Sure it would be a bit of a hit for some clubs - though only really serious for those clubs that haven't been properly controlling their finances in recent years. But even these should survive - albeit maybe dropping down a league or two but that's life, plenty of other clubs have done it, we have. And on top of that, the majority of clubs (the SFL) don't get any benefit at all.

If they really believe we need these reforms then they are better worked out properly over the next few months and not done on the back of an envelope as this effort seems to have been. And if they are going to withdraw the offer of reform if it's not done right now, then they are just admitting to the world that this isn't about the good of the game in this country, it's all about keeping some form of Blueco alive and getting back into the SPL as soon as possible.

Edited by Mr Bunny

they should have just sent out a one page document with the one bullet point

• The Rangers are too big to die.

That would have been more credible than that piece of shit a 5 year old has made up. the SFL clubs should just post that back to them with GIRFUY wrote on the front. I was astonished at that part 'Rangers will have nowhere to go' - this must be a wind up man , honestly can't believe this.

This is now clearly bending the rules to suit one club or as its also known - cheating!

Scottish football is a disgrace and must be a laughing stock around the world! And what idiot wrote this 'proposal' , my only guess is it is one the bigots from the rangers forum or a monkey with a typewriter! I'm absolutely raging!

Regan and Doncaster must think WE the fans are stupid!

IT'S TIME FOR THEM TO GO!