More Dropped Points

jagielka

what is going on with the team. how can a group of players go unbeaten for so long, lose there way like this, unforgivable.i dont want jackie standing on the side lines with his arms folded, i want him to act like martin o'neil, jumping around to show the players his anger at there performance.. after all the dropped points in the last half dozen games you would think they would have learned something about the way they play. but no. no control. no composure. no indication of improvment. so. whats going on jackie.the title is being thrown away. we should be out of site of the dirty fifers and the web feet mob. styarting to lose my confidence in the players and the manager.

what is going on with the team.

A bad patch. Every league champion in SFL1 in the last 10 years, Ross County excepted, has had one.

how can a group of players go unbeaten for so long, lose there way like this,

When we went unbeaten at the start of the season, it was near enough the same XI. Suspensions and Injuries have taken their toll and changed the spine of the side regularly.

unforgivable.i dont want jackie standing on the side lines with his arms folded, i want him to act like martin o'neil, jumping around to show the players his anger at there performance.

That's a great idea that is. Shout and abuse YOUNG players who are trying their best. Encouraging them and giving them confidence works much better. Did you actually watch McNamara? He was far from "standing on the side lines with his arms folded".

. after all the dropped points in the last half dozen games you would think they would have learned something about the way they play. /

We've picked up 8 points in the last 6 games. 1 more than Dunfermline.

but no. no control. no composure. no indication of improvment. so. whats going on jackie.the title is being thrown away.

Were you at the game today? Our ball retention, for the most part, was exceptional. It was our final ball which continually let us down.

we should be out of site of the dirty fifers and the web feet mob.

In an ideal world, yes. But every team drops points. Deal with it.

styarting to lose my confidence in the players and the manager.

Utter nonsense.

If i was told that we would be in third position at this time of the year before the season started i would have said great,but after the start we had picking up 2pts from our last 4games is a concern.Imo this is where we now find out how good the manager and team are,as i feel when a team is on a bad run the good managers will stop the decline quicker.It has been said in previous seasons about the league being there for the taking,but i really feel that this is the case about this season and if we were to lose out this season i think we would look back on this bad run as where we lost it.The other thing about this league is unless you win it,it doesnt really matter where you finish as there is no play offs and not a big financial diffirence either.Imo next 2 games we must get 6pts from or our season is finished.

TWINNY., you have never noticed a manager during a match. really! you have never seen fergie, o'neil, lennon, ect. as for our jackie, yes i have watched him many , many times during a game, as for G SUS. i never said, shout abuse, dont put words in my mouth,, the fifers have dropped points as well. well that proves my point about us throwing it away, we should have beaten morton easy. it could/ should have been 5-1 at half time, missed opportunity, again. as for suspensions and injurys, do you mean red cards, more evidence of lack of leadership and lack of player control, or would you rather just blame the ref's. " its our final ball" yes exactly. proves my point again. final ball, no control, with a lack of skill thrown in,its one thing to follow your team its another to do so wearing blinkers, i first went to see the jags when i was 7 , that was 47 years ago, i've seen all the players good and bad, i was a ball boy, i even had a trial for them, i use to climb over the wall at the north end into the ground, putting an old bit of carpet over the broken glass that was in the concrete on the top of the wall, anything to get the chance to run onto the pitch,, i see the game and the players/manager as i see, i dont compare them to any others i've seen there. i judge them as thay are, and if your scared of a few home truths, its your problem. i dont have it.

Edited by jagielka

If i was told that we would be in third position at this time of the year before the season started i would have said great,but after the start we had picking up 2pts from our last 4games is a concern.Imo this is where we now find out how good the manager and team are,as i feel when a team is on a bad run the good managers will stop the decline quicker.It has been said in previous seasons about the league being there for the taking,but i really feel that this is the case about this season and if we were to lose out this season i think we would look back on this bad run as where we lost it.The other thing about this league is unless you win it,it doesnt really matter where you finish as there is no play offs and not a big financial diffirence either.Imo next 2 games we must get 6pts from or our season is finished.

TWINNY., you have never noticed a manager during a match. really! you have never seen fergie, o'neil, lennon, ect. as for our jackie, yes i have watched him many , many times during a game, as for G SUS. i never said, shout abuse, dont put words in my mouth,, the fifers have dropped points as well. well that proves my point about us throwing it away, we should have beaten morton easy. it could/ should have been 5-1 at half time, missed opportunity, again. as for suspensions and injurys, do you mean red cards, more evidence of lack of leadership and lack of player control, or would you rather just blame the ref's. " its our final ball" yes exactly. proves my point again. final ball, no control, with a lack of skill thrown in,its one thing to follow your team its another to do so wearing blinkers, i first went to see the jags when i was 7 , that was 47 years ago, i've seen all the players good and bad, i was a ball boy, i even had a trial for them, i use to climb over the wall at the north end into the ground, putting an old bit of carpet over the broken glass that was in the concrete on the top of the wall, anything to get the chance to run onto the pitch,, i see the game and the players/manager as i see, i dont compare them to any others i've seen there. i judge them as thay are, and if your scared of a few home truths, its your problem. i dont have it.

Your posts are so over-reactionary, they don't deserve a response.

You just want to talk nonsense for the sake of nonsense.

Why do you have such a feeling?

Because I'm now seriously thinking that we're not as good as many of us (including me) thought we were. Some folk seem to think that we just have to wait for Morton and Dunfermline to hit "bad patches", but not all teams hit such patches. Our bad patch might have been one or two dropped points over Christmas and New Year, but it has instead become a serious slump. Do you feel confident that we'll win those two games in hand? I'd be more worried that we might not even get a point from them, such is our recent form.

One win in six matches is not a bad patch; it's pretty much the form a team struggling against relegation might show!

Edited by Jaggernaut

One win in six matches is not a bad patch; it's pretty much the form a team struggling against relegation might show!

Anyone who is not worried with one point in six, against the two worst teams in the league and the fact that our away form is atrocious must be off their head. I am begining to think teams have sussed us out. One things for sure, we need an ugly 1-0 win starting next week against Falkirk to re kick start our season. Something has got to give in the Morton Livi game so its imperative we beat Falkirk

A bad patch. Every league champion in SFL1 in the last 10 years, Ross County excepted, has had one.

When we went unbeaten at the start of the season, it was near enough the same XI. Suspensions and Injuries have taken their toll and changed the spine of the side regularly.

That's a great idea that is. Shout and abuse YOUNG players who are trying their best. Encouraging them and giving them confidence works much better. Did you actually watch McNamara? He was far from "standing on the side lines with his arms folded".

We've picked up 8 points in the last 6 games. 1 more than Dunfermline.

Were you at the game today? Our ball retention, for the most part, was exceptional. It was our final ball which continually let us down.

In an ideal world, yes. But every team drops points. Deal with it.

Utter nonsense.

This 100%. Until such occasion may arise that we lose our games in hand, stay positive.

Is the squad unbalanced? We have lots of midfielders and strikers but little back-up in defence where there is no competition for places. Even at the start of the season, several posters (including myself) commented on the lack depth in defence.

McGuigan, Craigen and Elliot have hardly featured at all, even before their loan spells. The manager has also brought in Craig and Slane who then got injured.

It's clear that the manager has no plans to play Paton at right-back or wing-back. O'Donnell could be out for a while. If a first choice defender gets injured or suspended, we are in big trouble.

Then there is the issue of the reserve keeper. If Fox gets injured, he will replaced by a Celtic development squad member with no league experience. Yet Graeme Smith is still training club so it looks like we cannot afford to give him even a short-term deal.

I can understand why people may think our bubbles burst but you don't become a bad team overnight.up until recently we've been the best team in the league.some of our displays this season have been the best iv ever seen in 20+ years watching the jags.its just not been happening for the team of late.against morton we should have been out of sight before they got back into it,an away point at airdrie wasnt the end of the world as far as the game went and livi last week we were seconds away from a very good result.in all these games we had enough chances to win 5 games! iv seen enough football to know we just need to ride this storm and hope we come out of it soon enough that we're still there or there abouts to maintain a realistic challenge.the next 2 games will make or break our season.

Edited by lewcal

TWINNY., you have never noticed a manager during a match. really! you have never seen fergie, o'neil, lennon, ect. as for our jackie, yes i have watched him many , many times during a game

I know O'Neill had atendency to jump really high and Lennon goes mental like a wee wean, but that's from the media going on about it and not from looking at them. I've seen Wenger looking like father Ted in his jacket I guess.

If you want a manager that acts like a spoilt child then there are plenty of teams available to support that already have them, two of which are in Glasgow.

I think the original post is a bit of an over-reaction.

However, my take on it, I think there is a lot more going on than just a dip in form.

I think we have a serious problem at Firhill of people patting themselves on the back for a job half done.

I think many of the players heads have been turned by all the attention they've been getting from other clubs, and a lot of them are probably already thinking to next season and where they'll be playing. I'm pretty certain that at least 2 players have already committed themselves to other clubs - which is their right by law.

Furthermore this could equally apply to Jackie and Sid, and I'm sorry but last Sunday's Herald article should not have been published and certainly hasn't helped anyone at PTFC.

It's basic errors and and lapses in concentration that have been costing us recently, and that to me suggests that there are other things on peoples minds when they go out on to the park.

• Like 2

Could also suggest we are not that much better than last year...great at times..s hite at times..ring a bell anyone?

I must have missed the cup final we got to last season then.

Last season we achieved 12 wins out of our 36 league games, after 18 games this season we have 10 wins. That tells me that we are a better team than last season especially when you consider the style that plenty of these victories have been achieved with.

I think the original post is a bit of an over-reaction.

However, my take on it, I think there is a lot more going on than just a dip in form.

I think we have a serious problem at Firhill of people patting themselves on the back for a job half done.

I think many of the players heads have been turned by all the attention they've been getting from other clubs, and a lot of them are probably already thinking to next season and where they'll be playing. I'm pretty certain that at least 2 players have already committed themselves to other clubs - which is their right by law.

Furthermore this could equally apply to Jackie and Sid, and I'm sorry but last Sunday's Herald article should not have been published and certainly hasn't helped anyone at PTFC.

It's basic errors and and lapses in concentration that have been costing us recently, and that to me suggests that there are other things on peoples minds when they go out on to the park.

I agree with most of that but we have struggled to cope with injuries to key players. I questioned the manager's decision to give 2 year deals to McGuigan and Craigen from Edinburgh University. Like Elliot, they had no SFL first-team experience (unlike Murray, Muirhead and Lawless) and have to go out on loan to get some. Yet we now lack experienced defensive and goalkeeping cover.

There are several first-team players who are out of contract in May. If they have not been offered new deals, they will have to consider other options. Such uncertainty is bound to unsettle them, especially when several colleagues are signed up for next season. Any players, however, that have signed with pre-contract agreements with other clubs have a moral duty to be open and honest with the management and fans.