Just In

stillresigned

A sparkling second performance brought the First Division title to Maryhill. In front of a large traveling support, we struggled a wee bit in the first half to produce the slick passing football that has been our hallmark this season. Second half we turned it on and could have won even more comfortably than we did. Erskine produced yet another memorable goal to silence any who doubted that Dowie's headed opener wouldn't prove enough.

For a Thistle supporter seasons like this are few and far between, so as someone once said "rejoice"!

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 1

Brilliant. Always wanted to do a "Just in".

Absolutely class day. Cracking Forbes effort off the bar first half, majestic bullet header from Dowie finished off with the creme de la creme scintilating run by the "Bridge".

The way home was class too with all the cars rolling down the M80 with the scarfs out the windows and the mass car honk at the stadium.

First beer of the evening cracked open. Looking forward to Party day next week.

:fan: :fan: :party: :party: :partyhat:

Agree with Doug. Felt we were comfortable for the whole game. Fox had nowt to do courtesy of a solid defence with Dowie the stand out. Midfield worked their socks off. Bannigan was majestic and Craigen is turning out to be a real good player. Doolan had another superb game and really deserved a goal. Erskine was pretty quiet for most o the game - but what a goal. Roll on next week and next season

Thought we were a class apart today and bossed the game throughout. The beach sorry pitch was a mess and threw up bobbles all over the place and credit to both teams for trying to play football on it. Thought we should have won by more but thats the way it goes. Thumpin header from Dowie and another sublime goal from Erskine. Thought Sinclair was terrific today and that he got some rough treatment.Party time next week ---monajags

Not a bad performer today. Everyone pulled their weight. Not a great 1st half but we were clearly the better side. 2nd half we played them off the park. Bannigan is class; Forbes I thought was terrific today. Lawless, Erskine and Doolan were giving them problems whole game. Both full backs were back on song. Defence was rock solid. Brilliant performance to win the title!!!

What happened to the goal scoring machiine Taylor today

He couldnae kick his erse today and that's without muirhead in our back 4

Heard a whisper today that Doolan has signed a pre contract with the tractor drivers

Please tell me it ain't so

was he not in the evening times on thurs or fri saying he's not heard from anyone? he says he loves playing for Thistle. He will be here next year.must be a dream come true for him, playing in the juniors 5 years ago, now going to the SPL. We love you Dools.

was he not in the evening times on thurs or fri saying he's not heard from anyone? he says he loves playing for Thistle. He will be here next year.must be a dream come true for him, playing in the juniors 5 years ago, now going to the SPL. We love you Dools.

He is also quoted to this effect in the Herald today. His comments suggest he is hoping for an offer to stay at Firhill.

I remember coming out of Firhill after the first League of the season against Falkirk back in August uncharacteristically optimistic and thinking that we looked a very good team so it was fitting that we clinched the title in some style at the Falkirk Stadium.

Despite the bumpy pitch, we played some really good stuff today particularly in the second half. Chris Erskine didn't do much then scored another wonderful goal...he is so much a Partick Thistle type player, he shouldn't be leaving!

This has been a special season...undoubtedly the most enjoyable since 1971. A brilliant team spirit, an exciting brand of skilful football, a host of memorable goals and backed by an exuberant support - there might just have been a tear in my eye at the end. :thumbsup:

away games since Archie took over/Played 8..Won..6 Drew..2 Lost. 0 Goals for..17 Goals against ..4

Take a while to chew that over cos that's as stats go absolutely phenomenal.

unbelievable mate. was on holiday when JM left and was absolutely gutted, then first game was away to morton. driving home from the morton 2-2 game was gutted at throwing away the league, don't think any Jags fan expected what happened since then. even after the hangover tomorrow it still won't have sunk in tomorrow !

Had a brilliant moment on the the star & garter bus when during a lull in the singing a greenock morton supporters bus drew up alongside ours. Suddenly it was bedlam on one side of the bus, passing the usual hostilities and shouting at the driver to catch up with them so we could continue the abuse.Great laugh but heh ...best jags team I've ever seen over a season and that includes 71.Well done. I'm clapping my hands cos I'm proud to be a Jags fan!

away games since Archie took over/Played 8..Won..6 Drew..2 Lost. 0 Goals for..17 Goals against ..4

Take a while to chew that over cos that's as stats go absolutely phenomenal.

Agreed, but our form home AND away has been fantastic under Archie. We've shipped a solitary goal at home in the six home games we've had. Even more impressive is that the players have barely had a free midweek since that 2-2 game at Cappielow. The week 2nd-9th March was the only real free week as the other for which there is no match recorded was the foggy night in Fife when they still played out most of the match. That abandonment was the one significant lucky break this club has had in years!

This group of players have been fantastic. Good footballers with amazing fitness and energy, especially with Bannigan and Craigen in the middle. Thought they were great today. By the way, does anyone know why Sean Welsh wasn't in the playing group for today? Injured?

• Like 1

Agreed, but our form home AND away has been fantastic under Archie. We've shipped a solitary goal at home in the six home games we've had. Even more impressive is that the players have barely had a free midweek since that 2-2 game at Cappielow. The week 2nd-9th March was the only real free week as the other for which there is no match recorded was the foggy night in Fife when they still played out most of the match. That abandonment was the one significant lucky break this club has had in years!

This group of players have been fantastic. Good footballers with amazing fitness and energy, especially with Bannigan and Craigen in the middle. Thought they were great today. By the way, does anyone know why Sean Welsh wasn't in the playing group for today? Injured?

great post mate. Super Welshy tweeted pre match he was gutted he wasn't playing due to a groin strain.

Unbelievable. Two punctures in my back tyre on the Canal meant a long walk to Croy station, then a long walk from Falkirk High to the ground. Felt like chucking it when I found all the turnstiles were shut but finally managed to get in at twenty to four. Seems I turned up for the best bit! Sore feet today worth it to see the Championees!

• Like 1

Unbelievable. Two punctures in my back tyre on the Canal meant a long walk to Croy station, then a long walk from Falkirk High to the ground. Felt like chucking it when I found all the turnstiles were shut but finally managed to get in at twenty to four. Seems I turned up for the best bit! Sore feet today worth it to see the Championees!

That's dedication buddy- well done and I'm sure you don't regret it