Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

I'm thinkin this is getn like a TV soap where the main character is slagged off until the truth is known. People making assumptions and they may or may not be true. I have nothing but contempt for Dundee Hibernian's chairmen etc but I'm gonna wait until Thistle and McNamara's sides of the story come out before I judge.

I have to be honest and say JM came over as a decent guy when he was with us...although I don't know him personally. I also have to balance that up by saying I don't think Thistle would have acted in an underhand way. It's not our style.

Bottom line..I want Thistle to retain their dignity throughout all this....and for us to annihilate those fkrs on the park next season.

• Like 3

I'm thinkin this is getn like a TV soap where the main character is slagged off until the truth is known. People making assumptions and they may or may not be true. I have nothing but contempt for Dundee Hibernian's chairmen etc but I'm gonna wait until Thistle and McNamara's sides of the story come out before I judge.

I have to be honest and say JM came over as a decent guy when he was with us...although I don't know him personally. I also have to balance that up by saying I don't think Thistle would have acted in an underhand way. It's not our style.

Bottom line..I want Thistle to retain their dignity throughout all this....and for us to annihilate those fkrs on the park next season.

Unfortunately the last few months has shown Ratty W@nknamara to be anything but a decent guy, more a nasty piece of work with a huge ego.

He left us as was his right to do so to go for more money and to a bigger club. It is also his right to plunder our club for players and staff as he appears to be doing sadly.

However it is equally Partick Thistle's right to not make things easy for Ratty and to fight for compensation if we were entitled to do so. If it makes W@nknamara act like a spoilt brat because he is not getting his way then thats his problem and also for showing him up a hypocrite.

If he is not interested in the money then why leave for a bigger wage and also try not to claim a promotion bonus?

If Partick Thistle should not receive any compensation then why say the full amount of £50 grand was offered while in literally the same paragraph Partick Thistle seek £80 grand compensation.

Why does he go on about knowing these players would win promotion for the Jags. If he believed this then why go to United when he did after all he is claiming it wasnt for the money, seems a very strange decision to go to United since he know claims he knew Thistle would get promotion so therefore he could have then postponed going to United to see this promotion he knew was going to happen.

Also why go mouthing off that Partick Thistle should be concentrating on celebrating the media than going on about him - when we have been completely silent in the media whereas he has been playing nothing than a rat, chasing our players in the full glare of the media before our biggest week in years and then pretty much attacking our club in the last week.

I thought he was a decent guy until a few months ago but as far as Im concerned now Ratty W@nknamara has behaved like a moneygrabbing egotistical spoilt brat

• Like 1

Hear hear! None of us are privy to what is under discussion. We have not seen the contract. We have not seen the 'lawyer's letters'. We are unhappy that McNamara jumped ship as managers have done before - that is all. And it was his right if a better offer came in. Beyond that we really know nothing at present and have to trust that the Board has handled things properly.

The one point I don't understand is why Thistle haven't raised the issue with the SPL / SFL as this is surely a football debt. Is it due to mcnamara resigning and therefore the compensation under the contract terms is due from him.

The fact we haven't complained in the same way cowdenbeath etc did with Dunfermline maybe indicates it's perhaps not as cut and dried as we would like.

Only if the judge, a mister Jack Tannadice, entered the courtroom in a tangerine coloured gown, with a 'J#ckie's Ar#b Army' T shirt underneath, PTFC - GIRFUY below that and a dish towel round his napper would I begin to become concerned about the verdict.

Small, weasly viper-like creatures don't make good defendants as a rule.

Never met McNamara so can't comment on him outside of his time at Thistle. Seemed quite quiet but seemed to make sense with what he said on ptfc.co.uk with his pre and post-match interviews.

It was his right to join another club, bit of a sour taste as it seems he was engineering this for a while due to certain articles appearing in the MSM.

As said not 100% sure what is going on with compensation, I just know that he is dragging his heels and trying to play the victim card. Just Pay Up Jackie then bugger off for all I care. It's all getting a bit tedious. I'd rather look forward than dwell on the past.

• Like 1

This is true however he has turned out to be an backstabbing prick of the highest order and will go down in history as such.

Archie won us the league not him....he is public enemy number one and I would not like to be in his shoes coming to Firhill next season!

• Like 1

Reading this thread, I've come to realise that this has become a real moan-fest!

On one side there are a bunch of Thistle fans who are beginning to sound more like old firm conspiracy theorists as the days go by. On the other side there is Jim Spence, sticking up for anything Dundonian.

The two parties, who are really concerned with (and who actually know), what's going on don't seem to be saying a word and are letting things take their course.

• Like 1

Reading this thread, I've come to realise that this has become a real moan-fest!

On one side there are a bunch of Thistle fans who are beginning to sound more like old firm conspiracy theorists as the days go by. On the other side there is Jim Spence, sticking up for anything Dundonian.

The two parties, who are really concerned with (and who actually know), what's going on don't seem to be saying a word and are letting things take their course.

Point is McNamara is 'officially' saying nothing but Spence saying plenty attributed to him.

If you ignore the small detail that McNamara gave a press conference on Thursday, then I guess you're absolutely right.

I doubt it's worthwhile making any further comment on this issue. Particularly, since the matters at the heart of the matter are totally outwith the ken of all but the the protagonists involved . At the end of the day therefore much of the opinion offered(and I include mine in this) is likely to be ill informed and overly emotional. This is exacerbated by the fact that the main sources of information are likely to be the Scottish media, which is hardly is renowned for its fearless exposition of the truth.

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 7

Not at all bothered now about JMac leaving us half way through the season but what is bothering me is the fact that so many have followed him out the Firhill door !! Doesn't seem like he's the demon we all have decided he is !! I think the board owe it to us , the fans , to come out into the open and tell us the whole truth about the compensation , and contract involved. Sure , if we had received the (80k) sum , we might've persuaded Erskine and Paton to stay with us but its all in the past now, we need to look to the future and the board need to take a chance on future revenues to come by securing a strong squad for a successful first year back, not just survival , success !!

Not at all bothered now about JMac leaving us half way through the season but what is bothering me is the fact that so many have followed him out the Firhill door !! Doesn't seem like he's the demon we all have decided he is !! I think the board owe it to us , the fans , to come out into the open and tell us the whole truth about the compensation , and contract involved. Sure , if we had received the (80k) sum , we might've persuaded Erskine and Paton to stay with us but its all in the past now, we need to look to the future and the board need to take a chance on future revenues to come by securing a strong squad for a successful first year back, not just survival , success !!

AND WHY IS THIS???

From today's Metro

DUTD are to sign youngster Aidian Connolly (son of Paddy) from Queens Park.

Gardener Speirs said "We have been told by Aidian representatives that he is looking to complete the move.Unfortunately, no one from United has contacted us about our player, we are waiting to see what happens"

Sounds nice and above board from that that Tannadice mob.

From today's Metro

DUTD are to sign youngster Aidian Connolly (son of Paddy) from Queens Park.

Gardener Speirs said "We have been told by Aidian representatives that he is looking to complete the move.Unfortunately, no one from United has contacted us about our player, we are waiting to see what happens"

Sounds nice and above board from that that Tannadice mob.

Isn't that the same patter they used when they signed Barry Douglas from QP? They really are a vile club.

Isn't that the same patter they used when they signed Barry Douglas from QP? They really are a vile club.

Queens Park are not happy (according to the papers) about the way Dundee United are dealing with this potential signing - the Arabs clearly don't like handing over money to Glasgow clubs.

Queens Park are not happy (according to the papers) about the way Dundee United are dealing with this potential signing - the Arabs clearly don't like handing over money to Glasgow clubs.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/queen-s-park-seek-fee-if-dundee-united-swoop-for-aidan-connolly-1.93716

It says "united would be happy with a gentleman's agreement"

Say goodbye to any fee then QP.