Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

The things for me are DU offering the money despite saying clause not enforceable. If they thought they or JM were on a winner they'd not be letting go all the way & say nothing in between times.

Also, McNamara's lawyers sending letter seeking promotion bonus despite the snake saying he hasn't.

I don't know about anyone else but think it highly unlikely a lawyer will send someone a letter without you having a knowledge of it.

I think McNamara's legal advice might be slightly different to DU's.

Do you think Jim Spence will ask him? :D

So a couple of weeks ago Mcnamara is saying he doesn't want a penny from Thistle ,

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mcnamara-i-dont-want-a-penny-from-patrick-thistle-after-promotion-success.1368104983

now it appears he's had two sets of lawers making a claim against us.

The big loser in this is McNamara's reputation

By dropping our demand for the full £80,000, Thistle have shown themselves to be incredibly weak. That will be pounced upon and used.

I can foresee Thistle not getting any money, possibly even having to give McNamara this bonus money, and pishing vast amounts away on viperous lawyers.

Of course the media will laud McNamara as the man of 'integrity' he his and Thistle will once more be made to be absolute chumps.

By dropping our demand for the full £80,000, Thistle have shown themselves to be incredibly weak. That will be pounced upon and used.

I can foresee Thistle not getting any money, possibly even having to give McNamara this bonus money, and pishing vast amounts away on viperous lawyers.

Of course the media will laud McNamara as the man of 'integrity' he his and Thistle will once more be made to be absolute chumps.

Nonsense. Get a grip

And your "end of the world" pessimism is f*cking embarrassing.

Oh calm down. Go back to bed and get out on the right side this time.

edit: I'd like to elaborate my thoughts.

If this a point of principle for the club, then they should NOT back down from the amount of money in question. If you start wavering about the money, you look like you're weak, and it's actually about grasping for whatever money you can get. Hold firm or give up entirely; any other position gets your erse skelped.

Partick Thistle have an awful record when if comes to court cases, and I don't imagine why this would be any different, especially when United and McNamara's lawyers seem to think we don't have a case. There seems to be a real chance we will end up with even less money in our pockets.

Perhaps I am mistaken about the media being in love with "Celtic Legend" McNamara. But here in Dundee there's only one voice that's heard, and that's Jim Spence. I think we all know what side he takes, and it's not with us Weegies.

Feel free to debate why you think I'm wrong. Or just keep posting "get a grip" and "f*cking embarrassing". Your contribution is respectful, well thought out, in depth and illuminating as always.

Edited by peagreenboy

If what Thomson says is true and there has to be severe doubts about that, for the life of me I cant undestand why we didnt accept the initial £40,000 with the other £40,000 on the 30th April which means we would have had the full amount before we finished the season, rather than this unholy mess. The fact that we were now willing to accept £60,000 just doesnt make sense to me!! Methinks someone is telling porkies somewhere along the line....and I know who my money would be on. Please give us Dungdee Und on the opening day when we unfurl the flag. Hate filled, Morton sized crowd if that transpires!!

If what Thomson says is true and there has to be severe doubts about that, for the life of me I cant undestand why we didnt accept the initial £40,000 with the other £40,000 on the 30th April which means we would have had the full amount before we finished the season, rather than this unholy mess. The fact that we were now willing to accept £60,000 just doesnt make sense to me!! Methinks someone is telling porkies somewhere along the line....and I know who my money would be on. Please give us Dungdee Und on the opening day when we unfurl the flag. Hate filled, Morton sized crowd if that transpires!!

Yes, it doesn't really add up. I'd guess there's been a fair amount of to-ing and fro-ing re who was paying the compo (United or McN) and maybe part payments by both parties involved, something like that.

I know from experience that even the simplest of contract/compo agreements can get muddied but even at that this looks a comparative mess.

This

in one article im sure it said compensation was due within 90 days, which end of april would have met. would seem strange then to go to all the bother of lawyers when even split in 2 the £80k would have been received in 90 days. given earlier reports said split across 2-3 years and jim spences own "breaking" report said 2 £40k payments split Feb and April or one upfront of £50k, why would anyone do that, i suspect the shit in this story is coming from dundee.

if it turns out we did turn down 2 payments of £40k the it would be a huge gaff by the board and not in keeping with how they have conducted themselves over the last 12-18 months...

Well this is an interseting read - at last we hear pretty much all thats been going on. Im glad everyone non thistle related will now see j.mac for the weasel that he is. Its made quite clear that its him, and not utd who owe us but surely when appointing a new manager they would have agreed with him to paying some/all of the 80k due. Hes now has a 'new' lawyer - mabey cause his last one knew he was in the wrong and wasnt going to win. Hopefully this being in the press will have annoyed him but im sure the wee c*** and his media puppet will have some kind of response!

• Like 2

Spoke to one of the players at jumpin jaks on one of our celebration nights. Would be unfair to name the guy unless he spoke publicly (not Paton or erskine incidentally) but he said he didn't enjoy the criticism of McNamara as thistle had been offered £80k over TWO payments and thought they were playing silly beggars by not accepting it. I didn't agree with him regarding McNamara nor the unscrupulous antics of the despicable club jmac was joining.As someone else rightly pointed out let DU fans try offering to buy a season ticket over 2 payments or a one off payment worth two thirds of the value and see how they get on.However when most of us mere mortals see something as plain and simple the law sometimes has a warped wiew of what is deemed reasonable behaviour. I hope we haven't been naive.