League Cup Draw

So, it's as you were for The League Cup format. :no:

The present format was designed for 5 Scottish clubs in Europe. We've now only got 4. The format's not fit for purpose.

Let's look at that for a minute...

Inverness CT get a bye all the way to R3, the last 16. What sort of credible tournament allows that keek?

Thistle must play in Round 1, and are therefore the only Premiership side to have a fixture clash.

Dundee get a R1 bye, on the same day that all the other 1st Division teams have to play in R1.

Er, yes, like that makes sense...

Back of a fag packet alternative:

1st Round

Bottom 28 from last season's League placings enter, 14 ties. (i.e. Thistle and Morton would get a bye)

2nd Round

Next 10 added to the 14 R1 winners, 12 ties. (i.e. includes Inverness, Thistle and Morton)

3rd Round

4 European QF's added to 12 R2 winners, 8 ties.

"Judge me on results" says Neil Doncaster...

... In my opinion your team's one down in the first minute pal.

Considering this again, I'd love Sevco at home - the money it would generate (sell out, likely live TV) could be used to strengthen our squad before the transfer window closes, which could be the difference between staying up or going down. And I think early in the season would be the time we would most likely get a result against them - but even if we go out it could help our chances of consolidating in the top league.

The only negative, and it's significant, is that we'd likely be moved out of the North Stand for it.

Considering this again, I'd love Sevco at home - the money it would generate (sell out, likely live TV) could be used to strengthen our squad before the transfer window closes, which could be the difference between staying up or going down. And I think early in the season would be the time we would most likely get a result against them - but even if we go out it could help our chances of consolidating in the top league.

The only negative, and it's significant, is that we'd likely be moved out of the North Stand for it.

The money would come in handy. If not to be I'd like the easiest home draws as possible. I think 2 or 3 cup games could be used to play some of the squad players particularly those over 20s who might not be getting competitive game time. I know we shouldn't treat the League Cup lightly but league survival is all important and having as many match ready as possible would be of benefit.

The money would come in handy. If not to be I'd like the easiest home draws as possible. I think 2 or 3 cup games could be used to play some of the squad players particularly those over 20s who might not be getting competitive game time. I know we shouldn't treat the League Cup lightly but league survival is all important and having as many match ready as possible would be of benefit.

Like that goalie that let in 4 at Hampden last season? Scary. We'll maybe get away with a second string in R1 that'd be as far as I'd go.

I would like to think we can win the League Cup and would like our team selections to reflect that.

Falkirk v Clyde

East Fife v Morton

Arbroath v Montrose

Berwick Rangers v Cowdenbeath

Forfar Athletic v Sevco

Stranraer v Brechin City

Partick Thistle v Ayr United

Stirling Albion v Hamilton

Dumbarton v Albion Rovers

East Stirlingshire v Dunfermline Athletic

Queen of the South v Annan Athletic

Peterhead v Alloa Athletic