Fixtures Moved For Tv

Ancipital

That's pish. I can't do Friday. I also had arranged a day out with at least 8 people (6 non Jags fans) for the Saturday too to get them along and interested. My first tv scheduling moan. We are in the big time now.

I think there was always a big chance this would happen. Surprised about the hearts game though

My two young boys plus two of their friends (who have also been persuaded to get season tickets) were looking forward to the first game of the season. Now I have to break it to them that they can't go.

Very disappointed that our flag day is now a flag evening.

Thats a shame. Are they too young to stay up a bit late on a Friday night?

So that's Augusts fixtures are they going to decide the changes on a month by month basis?

Not really. This is only due to the fact that we are at the beginning of the season.

Last season, when I knew that the Ramsdens cup final was to be played on April 7th, I looked for another match on the same weekend. By the start of February, the match at Inverness ( v Saints) was moved to Friday. Same happened to match at Tynecastle on Saturday morning although I didn´t make it and went do East End Park instead.

Part and parcel of today's game.

Not too upset tho, instead of missing the Dundee utd game I will get to sit in a pub in magaluf singing 'oh maryhill is wonderful'

Hearts game also suits as I work in town so hitting the boozer at 5.

Understand people's compliant. Although I think Friday football is a good idea, certainly if against local teams( not in this case sadly tho).

Lets put on a show against Dundee utd and show the sphell what partick thistle are all about!

That's what put me off getting a season ticket,all the none Saturday games,first game and it's started already

Myself I'm not really put out with this tho' I prefer Saturday games. I'm inconvenienced to the point I usually go to the pub for a good few hours just after lunch on a Friday. That's no more of a nuisance thing but I genuinely feel for punters that have bought season tickets and can't attend. What mainstream sport or entertainment do you buy tickets for and the dates are unconfirmed?

I suppose it goes with the territory and us newcomers getting miffed will just come across as being naive to the big time. It's still a shit way of treating the paying punter.

Strangely I feel some sympathy for Dundee United supporters. More difficult for them to attend and they have a greed obsessed manager.

You should feel sympathy for me...I need to travel down on the same train as that bunch of tangerine clowns.

Feck it, I'll get a train in the morning and make a real day of it.

Shame its moved though...I had a couple of pals planning to come for the big opener on Saturday and I suspect they wont make it now.....life in the big time eh?

I work and live in Edinburgh just now so this is terrible for me. Normally work pretty late so already my season ticket is going down in value. Be absolutely gutted if I miss either of these games for some couch potato fan that subscribes to BT at the expense of going to games and buying merchandise.

Friday night games aren't too bad as a one-off, but two in a row is hard to take. Especially when they are our first two home games of the season. Is there a limit to how many home fixtures each club can have on live TV - that at least would be some solace? From memory, I thought all the TV money is pooled and distributed depending on your league position at the end of the season. So no extra cash for having these two games either.

As the schedule currently stands, Thistle do not have a Saturday fixture of any kind at home until 14th September!

Same here, I was planning on travelling down and taking my son to his first home game, well that won't be happening now. Shame as I thought the atmosphere would be something he'd remember for a lifetime.

I am in the same boat. Scared to break it to my son he can't go.

Total pish, flag day is ruined for him.

Myself I'm not really put out with this tho' I prefer Saturday games. I'm inconvenienced to the point I usually go to the pub for a good few hours just after lunch on a Friday. That's no more of a nuisance thing but I genuinely feel for punters that have bought season tickets and can't attend. What mainstream sport or entertainment do you buy tickets for and the dates are unconfirmed?

I suppose it goes with the territory and us newcomers getting miffed will just come across as being naive to the big time. It's still a shit way of treating the paying punter.

Pretty much every sports league with a TV deal?