Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

I see we've signed up the young striker Martin from Accies. I think it was him that kinda mirrored Fraser by getting out of contract at Hamilton. Still find that strange. Anyway their loss is our gain.

He has a bizarre bit in wikipedia-

James also has an ongoing dispute with UFC fighter Donald Cerrone over the nickname 'cowboy'

What? How didn't Welsh hit the heights we expected? I though Welsh was excellent and would be one of my first picks into the team. He does a lot of hard work off the ball to make sure the team wins, as well as being very comfortable on the ball. Is there not some stat that Welsh went unbeaten for a whole calender year?

Well, if I remember correctly he was our Cairney replacement and I don't think anyone would say he contributed anywhere near what Cairney did the previous season. But, please note I didn't say either he or Murray didn't contribute, just not as we expected.

I am tryin to say that you can't really judge how anyone is going to fit in until they start playing. Has happened at clubs all over the place

that star players have flopped and vice versa

Hearts still have a good first team and host of promising youngsters. I think if they can stay largely injury/suspension free, then over the course of a season 15 points isn't insurmountable. A few early season wins and they are right back in it. No doubting though their squad is very thin and the second half of the season could be an issue.

The other thing we have to remember is there will be a play off for second bottom this year. Better than going straight down but something to avoid if we can.

Also teams can go into a bad run if they lose confidence after some poor results, so important to get a good start.

Another game tonight.

Closed door vs Cowdenbeath- at Firhill I think but I'm sure maybe someone else may know better.

Maybe some news before weekend.

Maybe not. :)

Can I assume that this is a hint? I'll be up at Firhill at 8pm, do you know if the game will still be going by then?

Can I assume that this is a hint? I'll be up at Firhill at 8pm, do you know if the game will still be going by then?

I don't know if the game was at Firhill.

Cowdenbeath in their Twitter page had said they were travelling for closed door game vs us after Hearts pulled out!

Sorry if it sounded cryptic.

I see we've signed up the young striker Martin from Accies. I think it was him that kinda mirrored Fraser by getting out of contract at Hamilton. Still find that strange. Anyway their loss is our gain.

Official site - "James, a striker, came through the youth ranks at New Douglas Park making a couple of first team appearances in season 2011-2012 before being released at the end of last season when his contract, which had been due to run until May 2014, was cancelled by mutual consent."

We already have Leyden, Gallacher and Black up front for the u20s.

I think we all need to relax a bit just now and lets see how the season starts, 12 months ago we would have given anything to be in the position we are right now.

I would have bet on us beating any of the bottom six in the SPL at Firhill last season and not a lot has changed apart from the obvious loss of Erskine so let's be positive and trust that Archie n Shaggy will get it right.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to spend hours poring over player lists and be privy to budgets / wages etc. so no idea. However with the current squad I would suggest more than a few players need to raise their game if it isn't going to be a long season.

I don't think it is right that you criticise without offering constructive suggestions

Why? Because he scored against us?

No not at all. In my opinion he always seemed a striker with potential to go further than the first divison. If we are looking at Hemmings who played a few games at Cowdenbeath then see no reason why we should have been looking at Stewart who seemed to be even more highly rated than Hemmings.