Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

The more midfielders we sign the less time Kerr will have on the pitch to give the ball away.

We haven't replaced Paton so Osbourne might be signed to do that. The Spanish guy could play in the U20s.

Pleased about Osborne ( if he's fit). Colina is probably too young to challenge for a place in the first team squad, but potentially a good signing. I'm a little concerned that we have not secured another striker. Have not been impresse4d by Baird, but have to trust Alan's judgement. Who knows, he may still have someone up his sleeve ( to quote the BBC commentator).

We know about it...

If journalists want to tweet that they're attending a press conference then fine, but some standard practices still exist even in this world of social media.

Family bereavement given as the reason for lack of updates.

You any idea who's doing the PR now Michelle has left? I hope we're not trying to do it on the cheap, and not replacing her.

You any idea who's doing the PR now Michelle has left? I hope we're not trying to do it on the cheap, and not replacing her.

I don't, I'm afraid. But I am aware that it does have some support it can call on when required.

Noticed the tweet about the family bereavement. I hope those complaining about the perceived lack of activity today will leave it at that.

Great signings I think, youth and experience, exactly what the current team is all about.

The spanish lad, crikey. If someone had told me a year ago that we would be signing players from Barcelona, I'd have got them sectioned.

Credit must go to the jags fan that was responsible for bringing all these lads over from Spain.

• Like 2

Osbourne sounds like he's exactly what we're looking for in midfield. Can't help but think it might result in someone leaving though, most likely Murray, I would have thought. Don't know anything about Colina but, without falling into the "he's played for Barca, he must be good" mentality, he sounds promising. One more striker and the squad is sorted.

Great signings I think, youth and experience, exactly what the current team is all about.

The spanish lad, crikey. If someone had told me a year ago that we would be signing players from Barcelona, I'd have got them sectioned.

Credit must go to the jags fan that was responsible for bringing all these lads over from Spain.

Did anything come of the two Spanish boys who were training with the under 20's?

Osbourne sounds like he's exactly what we're looking for in midfield. Can't help but think it might result in someone leaving though, most likely Murray, I would have thought. Don't know anything about Colina but, without falling into the "he's played for Barca, he must be good" mentality, he sounds promising. One more striker and the squad is sorted.

Did anything come of the two Spanish boys who were training with the under 20's?

Not sure to be honest. I know that 4 of them came over initially, of which Colina was one. Gabriel arrived shortly after that.

Delighted with that. We're well covered in midfield and I wouldn't be surprised to see Murray leaving (maybe on loan for six months to get regular football) but we've got someone in who, by all accounts I've read, is a very decent SPL player. Injury prone but let's hope we're lucky in that respect. I'm really happy to have Osbourne on board.

Colina; fantastic. Not that I know anything about him, but to be able to bring in the former Barcelona U19s captain - along with the Mexican - shows that our scouting network, contacts, whatever you want to call it, is actually quite widespread and I was a little worried at the beginning that we might be limited to SPL cast-offs [baird, Gallacher, Kerr signing one after the other].

One more striker and we're sorted. Plenty of time to sort that though. To be greedy, if we could get a left-winger in as well that'd be great. I'd also like a left-back, but again, that's greedy isn't it? Striker is priority.

First team central midfielders: Bannigan, Craigen, Forbes, Kerr, Murray, Osbourne, Welsh. 7 for 3 positions. Although I have a feeling Bannigan or Craigen will be on the left wing, at least to begin with.

First team central midfielders: Bannigan, Craigen, Forbes, Kerr, Murray, Osbourne, Welsh. 7 for 3 positions. Although I have a feeling Bannigan or Craigen will be on the left wing, at least to begin with.

And with that in mind i'd be surprised to see Shug go out on loan.

Especially when you consider some of the stuff posted on here...

Shug has looked good in pre season.

Kerr is not a defensive mid, shug is the only one we have.

Think there will be games we set up with 2 defensive mids.

Shugs experience will be vital coming off the bench.

Plus he can stay fit playing in the U20's.

• Like 1

Good news about Osbourne. Does anyone know where in midfield Colina plays, i.e. does he play wide or through the middle?

Online research suggests that Colina is a central midfielder.

^ 9 central including midfielders Fraser and Colina. Presumably, he and Fraser will start in the u20s.

My guess is that Bannigan could play on the wing and also cover for Sinclair.