Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

I thought he was a wee ********* when playing against us, always fouling and diving, and generally scoring or creating goals. I recall a particularly stunning free kick at Firhill which I believe I grudgingly applauded. I think he'd be a good shout as the creative option we still need, IMO.

I see the same column has Bloemfontein Celtic of South Africa monitoring Lawless, really hope we can hold onto him as, even though he's unlikely to sign a new deal, we'll at least get some training compensation for him at the end of the season. And we need him...

Kallum Higginbotham impressed me with Falkirk, clever player with plenty of skill. He has made little impact down south with Huddersfield - but still has a year left on his contract so this is likely to be a loan deal if this is true.

Archie will look to play him in the role behind the striker rather the one up front role. If we do get him I still see us going for another tall, big striker that is suited to play up on his own.

The Lawless to South Africa rumour will surely not come to pass.

I think had the Willem II offer been accepted he would have gone, however SA with a new born kid would be a massive amount of upheaval. It's also hardly going to a better standard of football where he would be noticed by big clubs in the same way Holland would have.

Higginbotham would be a good signing, a bit of an idiot when we've played against him before but you wouldn't mind that if he was playing for you! Undoubtedly has talent but maybe his attitude hasn't been quite right to make it at Huddersfield? The type of player we should be looking at, young & talented who could make us a few bob if he does well.

15 goals in 163 games so not exactly the big tall goal scoring striker we were looking for. Has impressed in the past however and would be a good acquisition to our squad.

Check out his goal for Well v Hibs on YouTube - absolute cracker!

That would be why we have signed young Mukendi on loan anyway, Kallum can play as much a winger as a striker by all accounts anyway

I remember Higginbotham playing at Firhill his first season with Falkirk. He was the one Falkirk guy that I thought impressed but we won the match and I can mind checking a Bairn's website later and he was getting slated for his performance. He had made himself time on the ball and had played difficult crossfield passes all night and looked the only Falkirk player likely to cause us trouble. Falkirk fans eventually came round to appreciate him. He certainly usually impressed anytime I saw him again and that was just about every other week that season..

I think beyond much doubt he's clued into our way of playing so passes one of the two Jags entrance qualifications. It's up to Archie & Shaggy if he's got the attitude. One thing I don't recall exceptional pace, something Archie said we're a bit lacking upfront.

I'm pretty taken aback by this move for Higginbotham. An undisclosed fee?

He hasn't played much football over the last year but I think this could be a very beneficial move for all parties, if he is back fit and raring to go.

"Undisclosed fees" are sometimes paid by the "selling" club to subsidise the player's wages at his new club. It's an alternative to a loan deal.