Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

He will stay cool as he did for the high majority of season

Gabrial has only played 2. Games and i do not see him splitting the 2 centre backs at the moment and refer to 1210

Regardless of team selection lets get behind them from Friday night

And yes football is all about opinions hence why we all share them

So you can't find any examples where I'm critical of Muirhead. I did not suggest that Gabriel should start ahead him. Why can't you admit that you were wrong?

No compensation of any kind due to Barca I'm told, even we make money off him in future. They wavered all of that to give the boy a better chance of a fresh start. Seems that even the biggest of the big clubs can be good guys sometimes.

Aren't they only due compensation when the player is offered a contract that they turn down before choosing another club ahead of them? Was Colina offered a new deal or was he released?

Aren't they only due compensation when the player is offered a contract that they turn down before choosing another club ahead of them? Was Colina offered a new deal or was he released?

Aberdeen not owed anything in same way as we're due nothing for Paton/Erskine. Is it to do with being over 23? Not sure but definitely know they're due nothing.

Colina was released & Barca waived any compensation that may have been due for development.

Edited by Trotter

All this chat about needing wingers...we don't really play with wingers, do we? Last season Erskine and Lawless both played off the striker, and may have drifted out wide, but they played pretty central and most of our with came from full backs.

If we're planning on that again then play two holding midfielders and then just let two play off Doolan. Neither needs to be a winger as long as they're creative and can run at a defender.

That's what happens a lot of the time.

Barca could have offered him a new deal simply to try and obtain training compo and a cut of future transfer fees.

But they chose not to.

From what I hear Barca were extremely keen to hold on to him. They were preparing a contract that would have ensured Colina would become one of the highest paid footballing teenagers in Europe. Clearly an impressionable young lad the lure of playing for the Jags was too strong. Childhood dreams of training at the Firhill Complex, visiting Jaconnellis, being interviewed by Chris Jack and doing the 50/50 draw when he's had an injury were all too much to turn down. There was just the one sour note. He was I believe slightly peeved to hear that Ross Tokely is no longer playing in the top flight. It's been every aspiring young Catalan forward's dream to one day pit their wits against Big Ross.

Btw I see from Simon's latest tweet tonight he mentions the new wee cafe next to the Star and the cumfy red chairs as being "the icing on the cake"

Really pleased with the way the squad is shaping up now, was a bit concerned a couple of weeks ago. The most pleasing part is that we have retained the nucleus of last years squad and brought in some good competition for them.

We now have quality cover over the park, perhaps with the exception of LB, although McMillan played there against Dumbarton in the friendly and did fine.

We do need another striker but think we should wait a few weeks before we dive in I think there are players waiting for offers that may not come as has probably been the case with Osborne.

I know he is a wee pain in the ass but would Novo be a non starter as a short term option 6 month deal, he would bring experience and I don't think he would cost much?

• Like 1

I know he is a wee pain in the ass but would Novo be a non starter as a short term option 6 month deal, he would bring experience and I don't think he would cost much?

No to Novo. I couldn't support a Thistle side containing it.

He's an utterly vile individual - fortunately, there's no chance of it happening.

• Like 1

All this chat about needing wingers...we don't really play with wingers, do we? Last season Erskine and Lawless both played off the striker, and may have drifted out wide, but they played pretty central and most of our with came from full backs.

If we're planning on that again then play two holding midfielders and then just let two play off Doolan. Neither needs to be a winger as long as they're creative and can run at a defender.

But with the exception of Lawless we don't really have anyone who can do that. We have one or two players who are creative, like Forbes, but who don't really run at the opposition, and we have others who can run but aren't especially creative, like Elliot. What we need is someone who can combine the two, whether he plays like a traditional winger or more like an attacking midfielder.

He's an utterly vile individual - fortunately, there's no chance of it happening.

Aside from his personality and his past 'misdemeanours', is he not a bit long in the tooth now as well?

Every other football club's forum is talking about signing Novo. For what it's worth he actually seems like a bit of a nice guy in real life, I know he's done a lot of charity work in his spare time. But for all the right reasons I would say no, I just don't think he's up to this level anymore. I think the him to East Fife rumour may well end up coming true.

Would you seriously not support Thistle if we signed a player you dislike? Strange

I dislike Novo, but can't understand why he would make any Jags fan think that way.

I wouldn't let any individual player or manager stop me supporting my team and would be surprised if many Jags fans would allow it to happen either

It would all have been fine if we signed Novo when we should have. We were linked with him before he went to Dundee for 100k after a great season with Raith. At the time, Lambie said that we would have been priced out of the market for him - a week or so later, we allegedly bid 100k for Pat Keogh...

Let's be honest - if Novo had been a Thistle player, we would have all loved him. Due to the fact he is getting on a bit and is inextricably linked to another Glasgow club, I imagine there is absolutely no chance he'll be signing now.

It would all have been fine if we signed Novo when we should have. We were linked with him before he went to Dundee for 100k after a great season with Raith. At the time, Lambie said that we would have been priced out of the market for him - a week or so later, we allegedly bid 100k for Pat Keogh...

Let's be honest - if Novo had been a Thistle player, we would have all loved him. Due to the fact he is getting on a bit and is inextricably linked to another Glasgow club, I imagine there is absolutely no chance he'll be signing now.

Due to the fact he is a dirty animal who nearly ended Archibalds career up at Raith I despise him, that and the fact he has the govan mobs logo branded into his thigh says enough, total and utter bigot of the highest magnitude to boot

Every other football club's forum is talking about signing Novo. For what it's worth he actually seems like a bit of a nice guy in real life, I know he's done a lot of charity work in his spare time. But for all the right reasons I would say no, I just don't think he's up to this level anymore. I think the him to East Fife rumour may well end up coming true.

Seems like a nice guy?

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SNATCHO+NOVO+NICKED+MY+GIRL%3B+Ranger+'betrayed'+pal.-a0128083882

We now have 23 players (including Colina) in the first team squad plus 12 U20s (including McDaid and McAleer) with McGuigan out on loan. I would only anticipate only one or two more signings at most - a striker and/or a left-sided central defender to cover for Balatoni.

Someone called Chris Duggan has tweeted that he's signed for us in addition to this picture- assume he was one of the trialists that played for the u20s?

http://instagram.com/p/cecufdxCBf/

edit: that photo would suggest the Arthurlie game. Also his twitter username has 94 in it which you would guess would be his year of birth.

:smartass:

Edited by Ancipital