Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

We're meant to have put out a press release saying he's signed for two years after being released on a free transfer.

Looking strong everywhere apart from centre forward, although not writing them off just yet.

I remember him doing very well for Falkirk both in our division and in the cups. However I also see that he's been described as a striker in the Huddersfield press. I remember him being more of a midfielder, but if he's a striker then his career total of 16 goals from 185 games (wikipedia) is a worry.

But what about Suarez, Bale, Ronaldo and Rooney Yoda????

Suarez = racist

Ronaldo = ladyboy

Rooney = fat lazy baldy

So no thanks on them three.

Plus Doolan, Lawless + Elliot > S, R + R

Bale would be a decent squad player for us.

:crazy:

• Like 1

15 goals in 163 games so not exactly the big tall goal scoring striker we were looking for. Has impressed in the past however and would be a good acquisition to our squad.

Check out his goal for Well v Hibs on YouTube - absolute cracker!

Who said we were looking for a big tall striker?

I wouldn't be so sure. Would appear to be a role for him this season, unlike McGuigan.

That role would appear to be as an impact sub on the wing, he can still do this there's just another player in his position now which may limit his gametime.

On the plus side the new signing will put Bannigan/Craigen back into their best position of CM, how we get the best midfield out of all the CM's we have I'm not sure right enough! Bannigan, Craigen & Fraser would be a brave choice but could be brilliant.

If Higginbotham signs for us, it's possible/likely that Elliott will be punted out on loan.

Can't really see that happening. Elliot has been good so far this season and will be an excellent impact player.

If the window shut right now I would be happy. Squad is definatley good enough to see us through to January.

We have too many central midfielders but need another central defender to cover for Balatoni too.

As Johan Cruyff often said you can't have too many central midfielders.

Gabriel looks comfortable enough to cover for Conrad but Osbourne, McMillan & Lindsay can also play alongside Muirhead. If any position still needs strengthening it would be left back. Bringing in a genuine left sided left back might be preferable to McMillan or Bannigan playing there for a lengthy period.

Who said we were looking for a big tall striker?

Mabey not all of us are looking for another striker whether he is big and tall or not but I still am.

He is a great player and glad we signed him but all I was saying is that we could still do with something different upfront to what Doolan and Baird will offer us this season.

Still think we need a proper centre forward.

And as you can see there are others who think the same!

I'm not getting the 'big target man' or 'tall centre-forward' thing. Goals last year came from all over the park, with Lawless, a short-ersed midfielder and Erskene and Doohlan, neither a conventional centre-forward being the highest scorers. Why the desire to time-travel back to the 70's and play long to a so called target man.

• Like 1

I'm not getting the 'big target man' or 'tall centre-forward' thing. Goals last year came from all over the park, with Lawless, a short-ersed midfielder and Erskene and Doohlan, neither a conventional centre-forward being the highest scorers. Why the desire to time-travel back to the 70's and play long to a so called target man.

But it's not just the "big target man/tall centre forward". This guy has to have if not a bit of pace then stamina, strength , be a great header of the ball and be decent on the ground as well. The fact that no one can come up with a realistic name seems to be irrelevant.

So I don't believe it's travelling back so much as wishing for the unlikely. Apart from that you're spot on. Otherwise every squad in our league would have a John Gemmell.

• Like 1