Kallum Higginbotham

Chachi

[link]http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/august_2013/reaction_to_new_signing[link]

Kallum and Archie give their thoughts on the signing.

Although he isn't a direct Erskine replacement, lets hope he can reasonably fill the boots to a decent standard and consistency.

Certainly has potential.

Edited by yoda-jag

well plenty positivity so far

glad you have better memories than me, i know the name from Falkirk but dont remember much else about him.

i'll follow the crowd and upgrade my emoticon to a more hopeful version!

if he's anything like Erskine i'd be delighted

:fan:

If I was told at the start of the summer Higginbottom would be Erskine's replacement I would definitely have taken that. Different sort of player, but definitely creative and a good age.

In keeping with the namedropping of praise from supporters of his other clubs, a Motherwell fan I work with said he's a very good player, and just unfortunate they signed James McFadden at the same time.

This is definitely the strongest squad I've seen as a Thistle fan. No messing about Archie.

He doesn't have a great scoring record but perhaps he was used more as an out and out winger, whose main job was to just get crosses into the box, whereas we expect our wingers to come inside often and have a pot at goal - this may allow him to score more.

But if that isn't the case and he only provides the creativity we lost with Erkine, minus the goals, then we'll need to look for one of our midfield players to have a Hardie/Craig/Cairney type of return of goals. Don't know who that can be. Welsh? Craigen? Or will we have to play say Baird behind Doolan?

Edited by Mr Bunny

Very pleased with this signing. He was the guy that we had to get on top off each time we played against him. To that extent he's similar to Erskine. He'll take a bit of marking and that can only be helpful to likes of Doolan, Baird and Lawless. Still don't recall any blistering pace but I'm sure he's no slouch.

• Like 1

Straight into the squad according to Archie. In place of Kerr or Forbes ?

Forbes I'd imagine based on performances in the game v Ayr. Sorry to see such a poor performance from Forbes as he has great ability but he needs to work harder - I thought he'd sorted that out.

Not that I see Kerr as a first choice but he's good cover for Welsh or Fraser. Osbourne is still well off full fitness and I can't see him figuring for a while yet.

Forbes I'd imagine based on performances in the game v Ayr. Sorry to see such a poor performance from Forbes as he has great ability but he needs to work harder - I thought he'd sorted that out.

Not that I see Kerr as a first choice but he's good cover for Welsh or Fraser. Osbourne is still well off full fitness and I can't see him figuring for a while yet.

This.

Forbes has by all accounts been looking good in pre season (only saw the Limassol game myself) but against Ayr, he didn't look in the slightest bit interested.

On paper, the Higginbotham signing is a good one and one that gives the team some much needed width. Here's hoping he proves a success.