Just In -- Relegation Material

peagreenboy

Imo this is when the management team prove how good they are.We really need to change how we play.At the moment all the teams are happy to let us have the ball and as soon as we get near their box,we either make a mess of it or they block it and they go up the park and score game over.Before the season started i would say finishing 10th was or aim we can still do that but we need to change things.Even if it means being more dafensive and winning ugly.

Getting fed up with people saying we play nice football,unfortunately at this level you need an end product,it's a miracle Kris Doolan has scored 5 goals this season with a midfield that has contributed very little in terms of goals or getting beyond the front players which we have to have with the system we play.Biggest mistake Archie has made was allowing Stephen Craig to leave,we've now not got any ariel or physical threat anymore if you wanted to change the style of play slightly.Dont really see the point in having a pool of players and not using them,ie Sean Welch carrying an injury,roll on January and get Paul Cairney back to where he belongs !!

Thought Bannigan was much better today in his preferred CM role, he was caught in possession a few times stupidly but overall a much improved performance by him.

Muirhead should have started, don't think Lawless was very good. We need more forward passes and players to take control of the situation, 1-2s are good in some situations, not ALL situations as seems to be the case at the moment.

I’ve watched Thistle for many`s a day and believe you me I’ve watched some right rubbish. This performance does not fall into that category, what does is the fact that Archie can’t recognise that Piccolo is rubbish, wee Craigen would struggle in the U19s he would even struggle to command the ball in the U12s and sadly the blessed Dools is way way way out of his depth in this league. Far too many passes with no penetration into the box, nobody to win the ball in the box and if the final shot is no harder than a fart then what chance have we got. Yes on the way we are playing relegation must be on the cards. But look on the Bright side at least Baird and Kerr are not in the team.

I’ve watched Thistle for many`s a day and believe you me I’ve watched some right rubbish. This performance does not fall into that category, what does is the fact that Archie can’t recognise that Piccolo is rubbish, wee Craigen would struggle in the U19s he would even struggle to command the ball in the U12s and sadly the blessed Dools is way way way out of his depth in this league. Far too many passes with no penetration into the box, nobody to win the ball in the box and if the final shot is no harder than a fart then what chance have we got. Yes on the way we are playing relegation must be on the cards. But look on the Bright side at least Baird and Kerr are not in the team.

If you can't recognise Craigen is a good player you either don't go to many games or he must have shat in your shoe at some point.

& Doolan, 5 league goals so far, joint 5th best in the league.

• Like 1

I seriously wonder what some folk are watching or expect? We didn't have 5 or 6 players off form today if we did we wouldn't have been anywhere in the game.

We lost a poor goal at a corner, not the first this year and couldn't make any more of our possession than half chances.

We have two full backs that bomb forward but can't put in a decent cross between them and are pretty poor defensively, should we drop them? No in my opinion the mgt team need to work their buts off too improve them.

We have options in midfield and we need to alter them until we find the right blend.

At the end of the day we are in a fight for 11th place if we get the most out of the team we will be fine, if we don't we could end up there.

• Like 1

If you can't recognise Craigen is a good player you either don't go to many games or he must have shat in your shoe at some point.

& Doolan, 5 league goals so far, joint 5th best in the league.

Doolan doesn't have it at this level, he always wants a 2nd or 3rd touch, doesn't have the aerial presence

I was exasperated....but to be honest mostly because Saints played most of the game with 9 men behind the ball and it was difficult to find space. The players tried...Bannigan wasnt as usless as some people had made out....I thought he wanted the ball all of the time and wanted to go forward....best I've saw him in a while. Fraser woulda helped if he hadnt fkd up and Forbes is a definite option...even if he does look disinterested.Saints were less than ordinary....canny mind them stringing more than 3 passes together for most of the game...it's hard to take.

the killer ball was difficult to make as they had so many bodies in the way. I dont wanna say any more coz im fkn ragin and gutted again.

Doolan doesn't have it at this level, he always wants a 2nd or 3rd touch, doesn't have the aerial presence

Agree Doolan didn't even have a sniff at the goal today! At the position we are in we need a striker who can be involved and help out elsewhere and show gut and heart! If Baird doesn't have the ball he goes hunting for it and tries an absolute leg.

What St Mirren had today was experience of the top flight! Our experience of the top flight were on the bench which just will not cut it

• Like 1

Agree Doolan didn't even have a sniff at the goal today! At the position we are in we need a striker who can be involved and help out elsewhere and show gut and heart! If Baird doesn't have the ball he goes hunting for it and tries an absolute leg.

What St Mirren had today was experience of the top flight! Our experience of the top flight were on the bench which just will not cut it! Everything I have said the last couple of weeks has came to fruition so if I can see it how can our manager not?

Amongst other criticisms in this thread I've read that Archie is

1) Playing old pals act with the players and

2) He's been 'out thought' by Neil Lennon.

Maybe we should cut Archie some slack and remember just how many months he's been in the job and that he probably has the lowest budget in this league

This is normally the same as every new manager faces! Also lets remember we will still be here long after Archie isn't! He isn't doing well at the moment hopefully he can sort it out asap but without dropping some of the 1st division champions he won't cut it

I said at the end of last season that our defence was unlikely to bd good enough for thd step up to a higher level .... Forget blaming piccolo he isn't good enough but neither are balatoni and Muirhead .... We lack a physical prescence and height.... to score against us send in a cross ... We have lost 9 goals in our last three consecutive defeats that is awful Fact

People starting to put pressure on the management team are a disgrace IMO. The chap at the end of the game shouting 'F**k off Archibald' is a disgrace. IMO it's individual errors that are causing us a problem and the players who make them need to take responsibility, work harder on the training pitch and during the game. Today in the second half, there were periods that it was 11 men behind the ball - not one St Mirren player in our half. They clearly came to score one, sit back and hit us on the break. Hard to break down a team of two walls of 5, very hard. As people have said, we need to be realistic about where we are, the players we have, the budget we have etc. Look at St Mirren - they went through torture at start of season and have come good recently. We can do the same.

• Like 4

People starting to put pressure on the management team are a disgrace IMO. The chap at the end of the game shouting 'F**k off Archibald' is a disgrace. IMO it's individual errors that are causing us a problem and the players who make them need to take responsibility, work harder on the training pitch and during the game. Today in the second half, there were periods that it was 11 men behind the ball - not one St Mirren player in our half. They clearly came to score one, sit back and hit us on the break. Hard to break down a team of two walls of 5, very hard. As people have said, we need to be realistic about where we are, the players we have, the budget we have etc. Look at St Mirren - they went through torture at start of season and have come good recently. We can do the same.

Shite for two months no changes Archie has to sort it out or he will face the silver bullet thats a fact

I said at the end of last season that our defence was unlikely to bd good enough for thd step up to a higher level .... Forget blaming piccolo he isn't good enough but neither are balatoni and Muirhead .... We lack a physical prescence and height.... to score against us send in a cross ... We have lost 9 goals in our last three consecutive defeats that is awful Fact

But when Balatoni and Muirhead have played together we haven't lost more than 2 goals, even against the Champions Leaguers from the east end. They are a good pairing. I don't think Piccolo is "the problem", but when you have a defensive unit that works pretty well, why disrupt it unless forced to? I would really like to know why Aero was benched today.

I really think we can get back on track if we can just move the ball forward faster and get in behind the opposition defence. We were a much better footballing team than St. Mirren who were very poor but made the most of their resources and chances. We are guilty of over-playing and allowing the opposition to get bodies back. Sort that and play our best defence and we will be back to getting results. I thought Bannigan was much better today playing deeper. It could all have panned out a lot differently if we had got that penalty, but who knows, with Aero on the bench, we may not have scored it anyway...

• Like 2

St Mirren can shoot, we can't

St Mirren can take chances at corners, we can't

St Mirren changed the formation at HT, we can't

Sand dancing the ball around the half way mark may look nice but doesn't win games, only hibs have scored less than us this year

St Mirren 2 points behind 2 in hand'

Ross ccounty 3 points behind 2 games in hand

Killie are only 4 points behind us

We should be miless clear if we could score, shooting would be a start

The second St Mirren goal summed up our season. Three Thistle players seemed to run across the 18-yard line. All seemed to have chances to shoot at goal. Each opted to pass to someone close to them. The last lost the ball, which is immediately hoofed up the left wing past O'Donnell who had unwisely come forward to join the attack. He then had to chase the St Mirren forward and attempt a risky tackle from behind. Yellow card and any chance of Thistle getting anything from the game is gone! But the greatest disappointment for me was the inept performance of Bannigan. Gone is the exciting forward-thinking midfielder of last season . He had plenty of the ball today, but I cannot remember a single penetrating forward run or pass. He was a sort of poor man's Barry Ferguson - and HE was absurdly overrated !

Shite for two months no changes Archie has to sort it out or he will face the silver bullet thats a fact

And do you have confidence in him doing so? Will you support them in what they do, or will you continue to criticise from the sideline and offer no positive contribution?

Edited by Big Col