Rearranged St Johnstone Game

GrantB

I was at St Johnstone game and due to work can not make re-arranged game so emailed club to maybe see if my ticket stub could be exchanged for another home tie (chancing my arm I know) but what pissed me off was the one sentence reply basically saying no. I replied saying I thought that was poor customer service as until this season ive been as ST holder,spent a fortune on merchandise (strips for kids&me),booked hospitality 3 times and let my kids sit out on all weathers to be ball boys/girl plus throw in food drink/Aitken suite before games,programmes and draw tickets I felt entitled to a more courteous reply so in a fizzing mood I replied and asked for my CF fund membership to be cancelled to recoup my costs and got the obligatory one sentence reply saying that will be done asap for me. Now don't get me wrong its not over the loss of £20 that day plus other expenses its more the disinterested attitude towards loyal fans that prompted this for me. A wee apology or explanation in saying no would have sufficed for me. Poor show imo.

So you 'chanced your arm', the club correctly denied your request and you went in the huff. Another in the long line of drama queens. What was the one sentence that sent you headlong into this incandescent rage?

Edited by One t in Scotland
  • Like 1

To those of you facing the prospect of having to pay £12: you have my sympathies, you really do. But dragging ST holders into the debate is unfair and strategically misguided. You're barking up the wrong tree, folks. You're not even shooting the messenger, you're training your sites on your own kin. Many ST holders pay up front despite knowing that in all likelihood that the vicissitudes of life will ensure that they miss a few games, thus negating any potential financial advantage buying a ST may have. In other words, many of us have already paid over the odds. One of the very few remaining perks is that the T&Cs of owning a ST insures you in the eventuality that a game is abandoned after 70 minutes. Indeed, the very point of the ST is that you pay up front, not at the gate. It doesn't make you a better fan, it's just a financial decision that we all make at the start of the season.

This is not to say that you don't have a case to be made regarding the level of discount. PT makes some interesting comments in this respect. But please, make your case the club and leave ST holders out of it.

Edited by Stewarty
  • Like 4

To those of you facing the prospect of having to pay £12: you have my sympathies, you really do. But dragging ST holders into the debate is unfair and strategically misguided. You're barking up the wrong tree, folks. You're not even shooting the messenger, you're training your sites on your own kin. Many ST holders pay up front despite knowing that in all likelihood that the vicissitudes of life will ensure that they miss a few games, thus negating any potential financial advantage buying a ST may have. In other words, many of us have already paid over the odds. One of the very few remaining perks is that the T&Cs of owning a ST insures you in the eventuality that a game is abandoned after 70 minutes. Indeed, the very point of the ST is that you pay up front, not at the gate. It doesn't make you a better fan, it's just a financial decision that we all make at the start of the season.

This is not to say that you don't have a case to be made regarding the level of discount. PT makes some interesting comments in this respect. But please, make your case the club and leave ST holders out of it.

The 'like' button isn't big enough.

• Like 1

So you 'chanced your arm', the club correctly denied your request and you went in the huff. Another in the long line of drama queens. What was the one sentence that sent you headlong into this incandescent rage?

hardly a drama queen, just a loyal supporter who feels let down and is entitled to let this be known. Re the one sentence it wasnt as much what the sentence said as to the fact i was fobbed off like a nobody with one sentence.

Hi PT,

The point I'm trying to get at is we've no way of knowing for certain whether £12 will see us break even, make a profit or make a loss. We don't have access to the information that would enable us to make an accurate assessment. Perhaps you're right about £12 being too much - you make some interesting points - but there will always be a margin of error that will force the club to err on the side of caution. Or perhaps they are being greedy and regarding this as a bonus. As as I say, I'm uncomfortable about saying one way or another without having the spreadsheets to hand. For example, you mention the extra revenue generated by the Celtic tickets. How can we be sure that this hasn't already been allocated elsewhere, say in Lyle Taylor's wages?

S.

Of course we don't, but we can make a rough guess until the Trust discuss it with the club. Say 500 saints fans come down and 500 PATG jags fans attend, that's £12k the club have taken.

So there is appearance fees and possible win bonuses and scores bonuses. Electricity, do we pay stewards or do sporting solutions?

Do all these costs add up to 12 grand? Bear in mind the club has already profited from around 30k over and above the 120k it took in gate receipts (6000 PAZtG) via the Celtic/postponed game, which apparently went to Archie's wage budget.

You're right that money may be paying for Lyle Taylor, we don't know... Bug I trust the Trust will be able to gauged a greater understanding. I hope they ask the questions I've been asking, the club decided 12 quid was reasonable, the need to justify that to the Trust.

Of course we don't, but we can make a rough guess until the Trust discuss it with the club. Say 500 saints fans come down and 500 PATG jags fans attend, that's £12k the club have taken.

So there is appearance fees and possible win bonuses and scores bonuses. Electricity, do we pay stewards or do sporting solutions?

Do all these costs add up to 12 grand? Bear in mind the club has already profited from around 30k over and above the 120k it took in gate receipts (6000 PAZtG) via the Celtic/postponed game, which apparently went to Archie's wage budget.

You're right that money may be paying for Lyle Taylor, we don't know... Bug I trust the Trust will be able to gauged a greater understanding. I hope they ask the questions I've been asking, the club decided 12 quid was reasonable, the need to justify that to the Trust.

All very relevant questions. I wouldn't disagree with anything said here, so long as we agree that any estimates will for the time being be very rough guesses. But I take your point: there's enough here to justify raising the issue with the club.

what a clusterfukk mess of a thread. lets hope common sense prevails.

a lot of good posts and valid points, a lot of nonsense posts and ill thought out points.

these two are examples of the former, won't embarrass anyone with examples of the latter.

The Club can't afford to piss off ANY fans and to be honest I was taken by surprise when this issue turned into a rammy between different sections of the fan base having a go at each other over their method of supporting the Club. ST holders and pay-at-the gate fans who attended have both paid for this game. None of us (home or away fans) got what we paid for. The price proposed by the Club for the re-arranged game is both unreasonable and destined to generate ill feeling from our own fans who have parted with cash for the original fixture and a wider negative PR.

We currently have the 6th-best attendances in the Premiership though admittedly that includes the kids-go-free contingent. We are, however, ahead of budget according to Ian Maxwell in his comments at the EoS "meet the management" night. The club is in a position to afford to make the price structure for this game more reasonable and to my mind can't afford NOT to do so as a result of potential negative PR.

There's almost 2 weeks for common sense to prevail.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 1

hardly a drama queen, just a loyal supporter who feels let down and is entitled to let this be known. Re the one sentence it wasnt as much what the sentence said as to the fact i was fobbed off like a nobody with one sentence.

Sorry but you've lost me here. In response to 'chancing your arm' you got a quick one liner to confirm that it wasn't possible. Might hust be me but I'm genuinely toiling to understand what got you so irate??

Edited by One t in Scotland

PT it seems you're prediction for pay at the gate customers has halved over the course of today as only earlier you were referring to 2000 pay at the gate customers at £12 a head when questioning how much it cost to put on game of football.

PT it seems you're prediction for pay at the gate customers has halved over the course of today as only earlier you were referring to 2000 pay at the gate customers at £12 a head when questioning how much it cost to put on game of football.

Well spotted. Though I wouldn't use the term prediction, I'm certainly not predicting what the crowd will be.

The club maybe have, hence the price of 12 pounds.

You'll notice I haven't criticised the club on this thread, either. What's come over me?

Edited by potty trained

I see St Johnstone are putting in a complaint about this now.

Yes, also featured on the back and inner-back page of the Daily Record today. They are not happy due to being told the vouchers were for complimentary entry to the game. Some of our fans were told that too. Bad publicity.