Killie Game

mhs

Difficult team selection for Archie this week. From an attacking point of view we done well scoring 3 goals when we have had a big problem in this area. Flip side to this of course is we lost 3 bad goals. I think Archie would like to have changed things at the back but without any activity in the window he does not have many options.

I think we need the strength that Muirhead brings to the midfield. We miss Osbourne badly and Muirhead for me is the best option we have.

Fox had a bad day last week but I think it may be premature to drop him. Gallagher has had little in way of match action recently so that is a risk also.

For some reason I confident that we may at last get our first home win. With Taylor and Lawless both in scoring form we just need our leaky defence to hold out.

Fox

SOD Picoco Balatoni Sinclair

Muirhead Bannigan

Craigen Lawless Higginbotham

Taylor

Edited by Alan Murray

I'd be tempted to go with this

Fox

McMillan Piccolo Muirhead Bannigan

Fraser Welsh

Higginbotham Craigen Sinclair

Taylor

Interesting selection, bit different! :)

I thought Shaggy was saying Welsh isn't ready yet. Would be interesting to see Sinclair in a more advanced role but I feel he is our strongest left-back so he should play there. No Lawless either? His recent scoring from midfield could help us.

• Members

I don't think Welsh is fit yet. Teams tend not to make wholesale changes, especially after the past few results haven't been too bad. I don't think there will be a lot of changes from last week. Bannigan obviously back in and I think after a below par performance last week, Elliott will drop down to the bench. I'd like to see SOD pushed into midfield and McMillan fill the right back slot for a few weeks to see how that turns out with probably Craigen getting a rest for a bit.

If we can keep kris boyd quiet we will take three points. The rest of the Kilmarnock side are poor imo. Boyd however could score goals in any team

I definitely agree with the points about Boyd here. He either scores every time he plays against us - in an irritating impersonation of Owen Coyle - or he just seems to always score.

I wouldn't say Killie are otherwise shite, but he's the guy that if you keep him under wraps for 90 minutes you probably run out winners, and probably comfortable winners. Nothing worse than feeling that you need to score at least 2 or 3 to win before the game even gets underway.

4 points out of 6 in our last 2 games. Given recent form, no chance we will see a load of changes. I think we will see this side -

--------------Fox------------

SOD----Balatoni---Gabby---ATS

------Bannigan----Muirhead--------

Lawless-----Craigen-------Higgy

---------------Taylor----------

Although I'd like to see Fraser in there beside Bannigan. Muirhead has been good in the air at the back of the midfield, but I feel like his tendency to drop back to a more comfortable position leaves us a bit stretched at the back of midfield at times. I'd also like to see Doolan in there, behind Taylor, with Craigen moving out wide, or dropping to the bench. The more I think about it, the more it seems we might be light for options on the right of midfield. Moving SOD forward and putting McMillan in at RB could be worth trying out.

I don't think Welsh is fit yet. Teams tend not to make wholesale changes, especially after the past few results haven't been too bad. I don't think there will be a lot of changes from last week. Bannigan obviously back in and I think after a below par performance last week, Elliott will drop down to the bench. I'd like to see SOD pushed into midfield and McMillan fill the right back slot for a few weeks to see how that turns out with probably Craigen getting a rest for a bit.

Go along with that. With the ground being heavier going at this time of year we really have to think ahead to Tuesday night as well. Young and fit tho' they are we may have to rotate slightly. Anyway we don't have a strongest starting eleven as such as too many players do well one game and fail to perform the next.

I don't want to see the Piccolo and Balatoni pairing at the back. Muirhead in, for either one of them and Bannigan in the midfield.

My own view is any one of the three pairings is shaky. Conrad appears to be the most culpable at the moment but Gabriel plays best as right centreback. If Aero is required in centre mid then we'll just have to bite the bullet with Gabby and Balatoni at the back. It's not as if the Muirhead/Gabriel partnership is that solid anyway. The extra height having Muirhead in midfield could compensate.

Last week I'm not sure if the midfield getting run over was worse than the sum of the individual mistakes behind them. My gut feeling is to get a bit more bite into midfield and I'm far from convinced Bannigan returning will help that much. We'll be slightly stronger in the tackle with Stuart replacing Craigen but only marginally. So maybe best Aero plays in midfield. Fraser coming off the bench perhaps with maybe a start on Tuesday night being considered.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Change Fraser for Craigen and Gallacher for Fox and I won't complain.And I love Craigen.

My only issue with Fraser is I'm not sure he can play the forward midfield role. Maybe Lawless in there and bring in Elliott on the wing?

Hopefully Mair can organise the defence a bit better and get Fox's back to form. I'm sure Gallacher wouldn't let us down if called upon. I guess he is between a rock and a hard place. If Fox is dropped it doesn't put his coaching in a good light?

My only issue with Fraser is I'm not sure he can play the forward midfield role. Maybe Lawless in there and bring in Elliott on the wing?

Hopefully Mair can organise the defence a bit better and get Fox's back to form. I'm sure Gallacher wouldn't let us down if called upon. I guess he is between a rock and a hard place. If Fox is dropped it doesn't put his coaching in a good light?

If we're playing Elliot on the wing again then questions should rightly be asked.

Bannigan & Mair to come in. Elliot & Piccolo to miss out.