Hibs

jaggy

Would we really want Cairney back - if we stayed up that is? Stuffy wee player with an eye for a goal yes but not the fastest by a long shot and one thing I thought we were trying to get into our team were quick, skilful players - the likes of Higginbotham, Erskine (if we could get him back, great) and so on. I'd imagine we'd be looking to get someone better than Cairney if we retain our top league place.

He probably could be quite useful; he basically ran the show for us in his final season at Firhill. But other than being a "useful" squad member, I don't think that he'd bring anything different to our first team; he might be able to step in for an injured or off-form Bannigan or Fraser, but I wouldn't see him as a priority signing target. Erskine First!

Would we really want Cairney back - if we stayed up that is? Stuffy wee player with an eye for a goal yes but not the fastest by a long shot and one thing I thought we were trying to get into our team were quick, skilful players - the likes of Higginbotham, Erskine (if we could get him back, great) and so on. I'd imagine we'd be looking to get someone better than Cairney if we retain our top league place.

I'm maybe contradicting myself slightly in saying that Cairney could still prove to be a good squad player. I think tho' that our squad will be augmented by the addition of two or three of our U20s. There shouldn't really be room for a player like Paul C.unless Archie sends those U20 lads out on loan.

Altho' different in many ways I could see Cairney being marginalised like Ross Forbes was this season. So perhaps as a squad player but not an integral part of a starting XI

I'm maybe contradicting myself slightly in saying that Cairney could still prove to be a good squad player. I think tho' that our squad will be augmented by the addition of two or three of our U20s. There shouldn't really be room for a player like Paul C.unless Archie sends those U20 lads out on loan.

Altho' different in many ways I could see Cairney being marginalised like Ross Forbes was this season. So perhaps as a squad player but not an integral part of a starting XI

I had exactly the same thought. In fact, that doesn't seem far off what has happened to Cairney at Easter Rd.

If keep up the same form I'm confident we'll finish above 11th.

Killie are sitting bottom of the form table going back chart to the 2nd January. They could be in trouble with Boyd looking totally off form.

Christ! Someone's changed their tune!

• Like 4

I like Cairney but there's often it seems health and fitness issues. Never the fastest but his stamina more than made up for lack of pace. If that's threatened then I don't think he'd be worth signing. Maybe too much a gamble in a key area. If however there's no underlying fitness problems I'd love to see him back.

The above quoted scenario would I feel be better.

To much a gamble.Your quite correct there Sir!

Hibs,Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Hearts are all playing today as opposed to midweek of 25th/26th. Why are we not playing Celtic this weekend ? Surely there would be a bigger turnout on a Saturday than a Wednesday ?

Would imagine that both clubs would have to agree to a change.

It's likely that if they were approached, the East End ugly sister would have objected because of the number of their players on international duty in midweek.

I would be quite happy for Cairney to come back. One of the few real talents we had until last season, and anyone who thinks otherwise has a short memory. Is he guaranteed a starting slot, no but would he add to the squad definitely.

Maybe I shouldn't consider this but the fact he was shouting on the Jags at the Morton game last year adds to my respect for the guy.

I guess that both Barney and Jeanie D are correct. However, why don't the league schedule games for this weekend and have the midweek as backup. After all, I am pretty sure that it is not often that you get more than 4 or 5 top league teams in the quarter finals

Good point but was this weekend available for re-scheduling games that could have been postponed over the last few weeks?

I guess that both Barney and Jeanie D are correct. However, why don't the league schedule games for this weekend and have the midweek as backup. After all, I am pretty sure that it is not often that you get more than 4 or 5 top league teams in the quarter finals

Because Peter Lawwell runs the show. What he says goes. There will be a reason for him wanting it in the midweek rather than this weekend.

Good point but was this weekend available for re-scheduling games that could have been postponed over the last few weeks?

The other side of the coin is that Hibs have a possible tiring game up in Inverness on Wed night while we should have fresh legs on saturday.

Inverness as is mentioned have Hibs away wed, cupp final on sunday and then Motherwell the following we night before they play us on the saturday. It could well be that this particular fixture line up gives us a little bit of advantage or at the very least we certainly cant be complaining of having too many tired legs compared to the opposition

• Like 1

Tbh, I've got a bad feeling about this game. No particular reason just feel that the two points we shipped up at Dingwall, will come back to haunt us.

I was happy enough with the point and don't really think we threw anything away. And if things don't turn out for us this season I'll be ruing the 5 points we've thrown away to Hibs and the 2 points at Firhill to County and certainly not a respectable dull draw at Dingwall.