Paul Paton Called Up To Ni Squad

jags on tour

Not as good as James Craigen but then again neither is Xavi.

Is Good Cup back or are you taking the pss?

Good luck to Paton. I don't mind him and he was good for us. Shame we wasted him at full-back for three years.

Edited by allyo

Paton isn't a good enough footballer to play at international level. He has limited ability and has done exceptionally well to get to where he has. My estimations of him have gone massively downhill after the last game at firhill when he generally just acted like a "wee *****" and showed a real lack of class to the club that plucked him out of the relative wilderness he was in at the time and trusted him enough to push him forward to the most important position on the park. Good luck to him if he makes a name for himself on an international level but due to his highly limited ability, I doubt that will happen.

good luck to him, would never have thought he would get an International call up to be honest but since moving to midfield he's done well and the United fans really like him aswell. discuss..........

Spoke to a few season ticket holders at tannadice and the do like him, say he does the simple things well which can't say I disagree with. Very much a sitting roll with simple passes. Pleased for him as some of the personal abuse directed at him for the last year has been very poor however he hasn't helped himself with his reaction.

Decent player, pechulent and not half as 'hard' as he thinks but good luck paul.

• Like 2

Spoke to a few season ticket holders at tannadice and the do like him, say he does the simple things well which can't say I disagree with. Very much a sitting roll with simple passes. Pleased for him as some of the personal abuse directed at him for the last year has been very poor however he hasn't helped himself with his reaction.

Decent player, pechulent and not half as 'hard' as he thinks but good luck paul.

aye loads of folk say he went down in their estimations 'the way he acted' all he did was put out a joke tweet about Dools signing for Killie and everyone pished their frilly's, he signed for DUTD the same time as Erskine then was injured for the rest of the season, he was a rock in our team and club captain, dunno why certain folk seem to hate him on here as if he's done something wrong but signing for a better club on a 2/3 year deal, probably trebling his weekly wage and now got an International call due to it.

aye loads of folk say he went down in their estimations 'the way he acted' all he did was put out a joke tweet about Dools signing for Killie and everyone pished their frilly's, he signed for DUTD the same time as Erskine then was injured for the rest of the season, he was a rock in our team and club captain, dunno why certain folk seem to hate him on here as if he's done something wrong but signing for a better club on a 2/3 year deal, probably trebling his weekly wage and now got an International call due to it.

I think it was also the way he conducted himself on his two returns to firhill. But each to their own, I'm pleased for him as with a player with one foot he has done as well as he can.

Sorry but lost all respect for the guy last month when he looked like he was tearing into tackles just to get it up our fans so to speak. No class I remember watching him as a "right back" against qos under McCall n we transformed him from that to where he is now.

Sorry? Northern Ireland?

Paton must have a parent or grandparent who is from Northern Ireland. Scotland has called up lots of players who were born in other countries. Phil Bardsley, Kris Commons, Steven Fletcher, Matty Gilks, Russell Martin, James Morrison and Jordan Rhodes were born and raised in England. Why should Paton be any different to them?

Paton must have a parent or grandparent who is from Northern Ireland. Scotland has called up lots of players who were born in other countries. Phil Bardsley, Kris Commons, Steven Fletcher, Matty Gilks, Russell Martin, James Morrison and Jordan Rhodes were born and raised in England. Why should Paton be any different to them?

I give in. They can all kick with more than one foot?

Just a measure of the slim pickings NI can call on, no one can possibly say Paton is an international class player. He had one reasonable season with us and we needed to take a gamble and change his position for that to even happen. He never came across as a decent human being and in the last 5 years I can't think of any other player that reacted to the Jags support more for any criticism.

No loss as far as I am concerned good luck to him in Dundee I for one am glad he moved on and pray he doesn't end up back at Firhill.