Just In - Should Have Murdered Them

Woodstock Jag

I assume there's no truth in the rumour that at the start of the season Mssrs Madden, Beaton & Thomson had a wee "Betcha you canny book Kris Doolan" challenge. Hats off to them anyway for doing something no other ref appears to have ever managed in a league game beforehand. Special mention to Mr Thomson for pulling that rabbit out the bag yesterday.

• Like 1

The other point I want to make is one I and others have made all season wtf is wrong with our set pieces, I can't believe that out of all the professional football teams in the world, we are the only team who don't practise them.'Cos ours are generally woeful, embarrassingly so at times, like yesterday when we had innumerable corners, but I can't remember us creating anything from them....

This. (Run out of likes.)

I assume there's no truth in the rumour that at the start of the season Mssrs Madden, Beaton & Thomson had a wee "Betcha you canny book Kris Doolan" challenge. Hats off to them anyway for doing something no other ref appears to have ever managed in a league game beforehand. Special mention to Mr Thomson for pulling that rabbit out the bag yesterday.

What did Dools get booked for? Bit of a collectors item that 'I was at the game that Doolan got booked in....'

A point was a good result I think.

We weren't at our best, a good few players had off days. But I thought Elliott did extremely well. He's not a flare player, and will never pull any "tricks" out the hat. But he has to be one of the most hardworking players I've ever seen in a jags shirt, and possibly one of the fittest.

A point was a good result I think.

We weren't at our best, a good few players had off days. But I thought Elliott did extremely well. He's not a flare player, and will never pull any "tricks" out the hat. But he has to be one of the most hardworking players I've ever seen in a jags shirt, and possibly one of the fittest.

Good hard fought for point,three next Saturday would help

Also have to add that defensively I think St. Johnstone are one of the best teams in the league. Extremely well organised.

However, as we know that comes at a cost. Horrible team to watch going forward. They have one tactic, pump the ball up the park and follow up the 2nd balls. Admittedly they've had success doing this, but it hasn't helped their crowds.

Would we be happy to see our team approach games like this if it meant we got to see our team play in Europe? Albeit briefly.

...I thought Elliott did extremely well. He's not a flare player, and will never pull any "tricks" out the hat. But he has to be one of the most hardworking players I've ever seen in a jags shirt, and possibly one of the fittest.

Elliott used his strength to good effect, taking the ball through challenges - something many of our rather lightweight players find very difficult. He also weaved his way through a few of the opposition with the ball at his feet. It looks as if he's been putting in time developing skills in addition to the team training.

Would we be happy to see our team approach games like this if it meant we got to see our team play in Europe? Albeit briefly.

No, I wouldn't.

I've followed Thistle for around 25 years. This is the best football I have ever seen us play. I don't want to give that up.

Dundee United and Aberdeen have shown that you can be higher up the league than St Johnstone, playing good football.

I'm nearly 38.... I've seen us play in 3 different divisions. Ive seen firhill after a glossy facelift and looking like a shit hole. I've seen it practically all standing versus all seater. I've seen boardrooms with purpose and boardrooms run by complete idiots. I've seen young inexperienced managers cut their teeth and I've seen Dick Campbell.

I want us to keep Archie as manager for a very long time. His first 18 months in charge have been incredible.

I want this board to realise their ambitions of TAG and the Federation.

I want our stadium to get a full clean and polish and brought back to a standard that we deserve.

If we as a club keep going the way we are going, if the players and manager grow with experience the way they should.

If the board members and office staff drive together to make us a more profitable proposition.

These are my priorities as a Thistle fan. Then, if Europe becomes a reality, then I will embrace it with open arms.

But I wouldn't trade any of the above, to see us play hoof ball into Europe.

• Like 11

I'm with PT and rather not sacrifice our playing style just to scrape into a Euro place. The irony being if we ever do qualify we'd most likely have to adopt the St Johnstone/ICT model to progress. We'd probably be up against quality opposition or a North European side well into their season.

Having seen both ICT & St Johnstone on back to back Saturdays I can't imagine when those two play there's much entertainment. Hardly surprising their fans are so inanimate.

I've never really understood the obsession with Europe. Sure it would be nice, but i remember QoS fans qualifying for the Cup final, then hoping Rangers would win the other semi-final so that they'd be "guaranteed a European place". I'd be far more interested in winning the Cup. It would go down as a highlight of my entire life, whereas as mid July defeat to a part-time team from Lithuania would not.

And by a similar token, Thistle's current style of play provides fantastic weekly entertainment, and pride in the club, which I would not trade in for a late July defeat to a part-time team from Andorra. (or even, to be fair, a win over Rosenborg)

• Like 1

Stay true to our style and keep at it until we become good enough to take on european opposition is my preference

That's an excellent point. If we do ever reach Europe it will be because the team has strengthened and we could play our style and do OK (even if OK is just not getting humiliated).

I know Lawless has had some stick from a few but good to hear he played a part in heling set up Dools for the goal .

For his first year in the spl he has also got us a few vital goals and IMO would be more than happy if he was to sign a new contract with us. Whether that happens remains to be seen of course

Elliott used his strength to good effect, taking the ball through challenges - something many of our rather lightweight players find very difficult. He also weaved his way through a few of the opposition with the ball at his feet. It looks as if he's been putting in time developing skills in addition to the team training.

Sorry guys the fact that he puts in 100% effort doesnt hide the fact that he is undoubtedly the worst player in our squad. You never anticipate anything exciting is about to happen when he gets the ball. I think Archie is blinkered when it comes to Elliot. He played better on Sat but only compared to his own standards. Compared to anyone else it was a very average performance. I would play Lawless ahead of him any day. I would even have played sod in front of McMillan before him. I love this team but for me he is a weak link.

I know Lawless has had some stick from a few but good to hear he played a part in heling set up Dools for the goal .

For his first year in the spl he has also got us a few vital goals and IMO would be more than happy if he was to sign a new contract with us. Whether that happens remains to be seen of course

Sorry guys the fact that he puts in 100% effort doesnt hide the fact that he is undoubtedly the worst player in our squad. You never anticipate anything exciting is about to happen when he gets the ball. I think Archie is blinkered when it comes to Elliot. He played better on Sat but only compared to his own standards. Compared to anyone else it was a very average performance. I would play Lawless ahead of him any day. I would even have played sod in front of McMillan before him. I love this team but for me he is a weak link.

Prepare to get the tin hats on guys, your no allowed to say u would like to see lawless sign a new contract or start ahead of Elliot!

Maybe after his goal v Celtic, we should get a bit excited. If it had been any other player like Erkine,Higginbotham or Taylor, we would be raving about how good a goal it was.

• Like 1

Prepare to get the tin hats on guys, your no allowed to say u would like to see lawless sign a new contract or start ahead of Elliot!

I regard Elliot quite highly as well, always give 100% so should have added would be quite happy to have both here next season.

Both played no little a part in getting us here in the first place to the Premier league